Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,688 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me: when the big guy in Raiders gets cut up. He's not a bad guy. He's just a mechanic in the German Air Force. I doubt he shares the ideology of the Reich. He's sweating in the desert trying to earn a buck...maybe got some extra pay for foreign duty. He only wanted to box "play a game" with Indy. It never sat well with me that he got chopped up.

Edit title: things that...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
In Looper, why didn't JGL just shoot off his hand with his shotgun instead of killing himself?
AggieSouth06
Forrest Gump: Jenny repeatedly leads on a mentally handicapped man for most of his life, spends years sharing needles and having casual sex in a time when that was basically a death warrant, then goes ahead and has sex with that mentally handicapped man, abandons him again, and only lets him back in her life when she is months away from an AIDS-soaked deathbed and in need of a wealthy dummy to pawn her kid off on.

She's the most evil character in movie history.
Cancelled
AG
Amen. I always hated her.
MGS
queso1 said:

Me: when the big guy in Raiders gets cut up. He's not a bad guy. He's just a mechanic in the German Air Force. I doubt he shares the ideology of the Reich. He's sweating in the desert trying to earn a buck...maybe got some extra pay for foreign duty. He only wanted to box "play a game" with Indy. It never sat well with me that he got chopped up.

A little Raiders trivia - the actor that played the big guy also played one of the thugs Indy fought in the Nepal bar.
Bruce Almighty
AG
All the poor people killed on the Death Star.

A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms. All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed - casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
The Debt
Tommy Boy ...they are selling state of the art brakepads. While driving it takes them 70 yards of braking to hit the deer. I guess they don't use Callahan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms. All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed - casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

And it happened twice. And then there was starkiller base.
Philo B 93
Daniel Laruso starts hitting on Johnny's girlfriend and then soaks the dude with a hose while he's sitting on the toilet (rolling a joint). He deserved his ass kicking. I love the movie, but I always thought Johnny Lawrence got a bad rap. He even proved he was kind hearted after he lost the match to Laruso.
oh no
AG
Atreyu's horse Artax sinks and drowns while they were crossing the swamp of sadness, presumably because the horse got sad... but Atreyu was screaming and crying about the death of his horse. Was he not also sad now? Why did he not sink?!

"The Nothing" was something. It was clouds and wind and such.

All that work for Atreyu and all that had to be done was the book reader had to give the empress a new name... and the empress already knew that before her minion sent Atreyu off on a long and dangerous quest for no reason --- and all that movie watching and the boy Bastian reading the book in the school's attic late at night during a storm (where's his dad by the way?) finally shouts out a new name for the empress and it's.... [inaudible]... ? WTF? Tell us what you named the *****, please.

The Neverending Story ended!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Postulate 1: The Force allows one to manipulate gravity (witness Yoda lifting that giant ship up out of the swamp)

Postulate 2: Emperor Palpatine is a unquestioned master of the Force.

Thus, when Vader hurls him over the ledge, he should be able to use his Force powers to levitate himself and then proceed to cook both to death Skywalkers with Force lightning.

The trilogy then ends with the Emperor sitting in a chair watching his fleet crush the rebellion and muttering to himself about having to find a new apprentice. That would have made a much better setup for episodes 7-9.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ulrich
Commando: Bennett makes no sense as a hand-to-hand combatant vs John Matrix. He looks like a doughy 1980s desk jockey on his first visit to a BDSM club.
AgPediRPh
AG
Apollo Creed dies in his USA flag trunks. Then Rocky fights Drago in Apollo's trunks. Basically he stole the clothes off his friend's dead body
Presley OBannons Sword
Ulrich said:

Commando: Bennett makes no sense as a hand-to-hand combatant vs John Matrix. He looks like a doughy 1980s desk jockey on his first visit to a BDSM club.

That chainmail though...
West Point Aggie
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

Forrest Gump: Jenny repeatedly leads on a mentally handicapped man for most of his life, spends years sharing needles and having casual sex in a time when that was basically a death warrant, then goes ahead and has sex with that mentally handicapped man, abandons him again, and only lets him back in her life when she is months away from an AIDS-soaked deathbed and in need of a wealthy dummy to pawn her kid off on.

Then she morphed into Ms Underwood...figures!!!
West Point Aggie
AG
Meteorologically and climatologically, everything that took place in the movie the day after tomorrow
Dr. Horrible
Champ Bailey said:

Bruce Almighty said:

And it happened twice. And then there was starkiller base.
Only applies to the Death Star in Jedi, as the other two were fully operational military complexes, not active construction sites, so any workers would have fully known what they were getting into by being in a potential war zone.
jbanda
AG
Independence Day: They implant computer code into the alien mothership. Freaking alien mothership probably doesn't use BASIC or C++ or Fortran. It would be an amazing coincidence.

But the best one was the Jenny one at the top of the page.
Flashdiaz
AG
Signs... why would an alien species with a vulnerability to water invade a planet that is mostly made up of water and then run around naked.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Ridiculous.
gigemJTH12
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

damn. this hit me deep.
wangus12
AG
I mean really its Tom Cruise as an action star
Whos Juan
AG
The end of Days of Future Past. Why would Mystique masquerade as Stryker? What's the point of that? How does Wolverine still wind up in the Weapon X program?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MGS said:

queso1 said:

A little Raiders trivia - the actor that played the big guy also played one of the thugs Indy fought in the Nepal bar.
And the big Indian (dot) he fought on the conveyor belt in The Temple of Doom
YokelRidesAgain
AG
jjmanzano said:

Apollo Creed dies in his USA flag trunks. Then Rocky fights Drago in Apollo's trunks. Basically he stole the clothes off his friend's dead body
Apollo probably had more than one pair of pants.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Azariah
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.

Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was, Dominick "Babyface" Bambino's, the gangster.

The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine, and that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.

I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this... **taps heart** not his wallet.
chipotle
Kevin throws a brick from 3-4 floors up and it doesn't kill Marv:

Dro07
AG
oh no said:

All that work for Atreyu and all that had to be done was the book reader had to give the empress a new name... and the empress already knew that before her minion sent Atreyu off on a long and dangerous quest for no reason --- and all that movie watching and the boy Bastian reading the book in the school's attic late at night during a storm (where's his dad by the way?) finally shouts out a new name for the empress and it's.... [inaudible]... ? WTF? Tell us what you named the *****, please.

It's pretty obvious her name was Martha
Azariah
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Postulate 1: The Force allows one to manipulate gravity (witness Yoda lifting that giant ship up out of the swamp)

Postulate 2: Emperor Palpatine is a unquestioned master of the Force.

Thus, when Vader hurls him over the ledge, he should be able to use his Force powers to levitate himself and then proceed to cook both to death Skywalkers with Force lightning.

The trilogy then ends with the Emperor sitting in a chair watching his fleet crush the rebellion and muttering to himself about having to find a new apprentice. That would have made a much better setup for episodes 7-9.
The Force doesn't allow you to lift yourself. You could also make the argument that the Emperor's brain was short-circuited by the force lightning, and he was incapacitated when he fell.
Burdizzo
AG
The Death Star in both movies was supposedly still under construction, but you never saw any construction barricades, construction workers, or construction debris.

Neatest contractors in the history of the universe.
maverick2076
oh no said:

Atreyu's horse Artax sinks and drowns while they were crossing the swamp of sadness, presumably because the horse got sad... but Atreyu was screaming and crying about the death of his horse. Was he not also sad now? Why did he not sink?!

"The Nothing" was something. It was clouds and wind and such.

It is Moon Child. Read the book. The first movie ends about halfway through the book.
powerbelly
AG
Tom Cruise as an action star. I can never buy it.
hurleyag
AG
dromo07 said:

oh no said:

It's pretty obvious her name was Martha
Well played sir!
Whos Juan
AG
chipotle said:

Kevin throws a brick from 3-4 floors up and it doesn't kill Marv:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Azariah said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.

Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was, Dominick "Babyface" Bambino's, the gangster.

The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine, and that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.

I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this... **taps heart** not his wallet.
Wow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.