'It' Remake

59,691 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Proposition Joe
Presley OBannons Sword
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

he looks like a person trying really hard to look evil... it would be more creepy if he had a blank stare.
yes. well put. Pennywise would either have a blank stare or a normal smile. he has no reason to stand there trying to look creepy.
Sapper Redux
Flashdiaz said:

Dr. Watson said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

Noblemen06 said:

Looks way different...could be creepy or could end up being colossally cheesy.
this picture alone makes me think it's going to be bad. Pennywise isn't a psycho looking creepy clown. He's a normal clown that kids want to approach. Kids would run from this.

Was he? I got the sense in the book that there was something really off about him to everyone from the first glance. His ability to approach kids (and adults) had as much to do with a sort of uncanny valley effect of his appearance and hypnotism as the fact that he was dressed as a clown.

he looks like a person trying really hard to look evil... it would be more creepy if he had a blank stare.

I agree with this. If he could do a normal smile with dead eyes, that would really hit the mark. I don't think Pennywise ever bothered to really understand humans. He just did enough to get close to them and then torture them.
Presley OBannons Sword
sort of off topic, I've read this book a couple times, but it's been awhile. I have a super long daily commute, so I was thinking about downloading the audible. has anyone listened to it? how does it translate?
Cancelled
AG
One more thing. I think we are forgetting that IT is the monster, not pennywise. The clown is only a manifestation. He showed himself in several different ways. If I recall correctly, IT is basically an alien god of sorts that crashed into earth millions of years ago...kind of in the Lovecraftian mythos. While the movies try to prey on our fear of clowns, I think the evil goes much deeper.
Boo Weekley

sort of off topic, I've read this book a couple times, but it's been awhile. I have a super long daily commute, so I was thinking about downloading the audible. has anyone listened to it? how does it translate?
The child orgy scene comes across as an old gay man orgy. But every participant sounds strikingly similar, so you are left wondering if it is just a strange coincidence or if it is a single mad man with multiple personalities engaging in a weird fantasy.
Fairview
AG

I'm a big audible person. It's a great one for a long commute. It's really long so you get a good bang for the buck credit wise.
Presley OBannons Sword
Fairview said:

I'm a big audible person. It's a great one for a long commute. It's really long so you get a good bang for the buck credit wise.

Lots of the reviews say it cuts off a lot of words and sentences. Do you know if they got that fixed
Fairview
AG

Fairview said:

Lots of the reviews say it cuts off a lot of words and sentences. Do you know if they got that fixed

It's been a couple years since I listened on audible and I don't remember that happening at all.
cakubacak
AG
I recently listened to it on Audible, finished it in December, it is really long, over 40 hours, and I did have some cases where it would cut words or sentences, but only a few times in 40+ hours, I've had other books do that as well. The narrator took some getting used to, he does not do a wide range of voices, so at times it would take a second to realize which character was speaking. Overall, as a person who listens to books on audible almost exclusively while driving, I really enjoyed it, and will listen to it again.
Presley OBannons Sword
Good enough for me. Know what I'm listening you on my way to new orleans and back this weekend
Noblemen06
AG
Agreed. King vividly describes Pennywise's look as a cross between Bozo and Clarabel (and Ronald McDonald). The Curry version nailed the look.

I suppose the filmmakers felt they had to draw a distinction between their version and the miniseries version but changing the look to take away from why Pennywise was disarming to Georgie was probably the wrong move.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
Have to assume they are intentionally only showing "Bad Pennywise" in that.

And what's up with sound editing? Could hardly hear the dialog.
Dro07
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

There is a "Good Pennywise"?
schmendeler
AG
dromo07 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

at least one that was attractive to children.
gigemJTH12
AG
did yall notice Mike from Stranger Things in there?
zap
AG
That trailer has me pumped.
TCTTS
AG
Love the overall look/vibe/time period setting of this, but super-evil fanged/clawed jump-scare Pennywise just isn't scary. A more creepy/subtly evil Pennywise would have been so much more effective.
gigemJTH12
AG
TCTTS said:

but super-evil fanged/clawed jump-scare Pennywise just isn't scary. A more creepy/subtly evil Pennywise would have been so much more effective.
100% agree. surely they know that and thats how he is for most of the movie.
wangus12
AG
Yep. My brother it probably the biggest fan of the book, and he is very cautious about this movie.
mhayden
Skarsgard was always going to play the character in a different way. You can't do Tim Curry's Pennywise just like you can't do Jack Nicholson's Joker.

What you hope is that Skarsgard can give us a Heath-Ledger-esque Pennywise.... Something different but still effective.

Solid trailer IMO. Cinematography looks good, the acting seems competent. I think at worst this is going to be a decent flick.
AgMarauder04
AG
That trailer was f***** horrifying
Say Chowdah
AG
I predict this will be the biggest horror release of all time!
Say Chowdah
AG
dromo07 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

There is no "good Pennywise" but there is the one that is initially creepy but somewhat friendly to the kids before he goes all out evil.
Clavell
AG
My favorite King book. Has to be better than that 2 part miniseries one. Even with Tim Curry, just didn't have right feel and total change of ending.
gigemJTH12
AG
the lovable Pennywise is still in this one he has to be. You can tell because in the trailer it alludes to Georgie being fond of him. Toward the end of the trailer in that scene underground.
TXAG 05
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

the lovable Pennywise is still in this one he has to be. You can tell because in the trailer it alludes to Georgie being fond of him. Toward the end of the trailer in that scene underground.

That is most likely IT in the form of Georgie
PlanoAggie
AG
I know nothing about "IT," but that trailer creeps the heck out of me. Looks like a good horror flick.
gigemJTH12
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I cant rewatch right now but didnt it show IT right behind him in that scene?

could be wrong.
Sex Panther
AG
Say Chowdah
AG
I can't wait to go home and show this trailer to my 11 year old. I am going to "boo" the beejeezus out of her at the end!
Dro07
AG
Ya i get what he was saying now... The playful clown scenes making some of the kids laugh before he gets them.
Presley OBannons Sword
Cstrickland05 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

That's 100% IT and not Georgie
Noblemen06
AG
Yikes...awesome trailer, can't lie.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Instantaneous self-derailed OP threads are my favorite.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.