'It' Remake

59,674 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Proposition Joe
NICU Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please tell me I'm not the only one that laughed when the kid bonked his head on the caution sign in the beginning of the trailer.
The Debt
NICU Dad said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one that laughed when the kid bonked his head on the caution sign in the beginning of the trailer.
A movie about a clown has to have some slapstick, no?

And, yes, I did.
Macarthur
For what it's worth, King has been very positive about this version.
The Debt
Macarthur said:

Because it will make him millions.
The Debt
dromo07 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Have to assume they are intentionally only showing "Bad Pennywise" in that.

And what's up with sound editing? Could hardly hear the dialog.
There is a "Good Pennywise"?

Max Power
AG
The entire world should be thankful for King writing this book so that we have all been formally warned about the evils of clowns. There are no good clowns, except dead clowns. It's also why it isn't illegal to kill clowns. Clowns are not afforded the same protection under the law as people, and you should never leave a child or an adult alone with one.
zap
AG
Max Power said:

The entire world should be thankful for King writing this book so that we have all been formally warned about the evils of clowns. There are no good clowns, except dead clowns. It's also why it isn't illegal to kill clowns. Clowns are not afforded the same protection under the law as people, and you should never leave a child or an adult alone with one.

I feel the same about ventriloquist dummies.

powerbelly
AG
That trailer felt like an R rated Goonies.
Ol Jock 99
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Or is The Goonies a PG rated It?
powerbelly
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

powerbelly51 said:

Or is The Goonies as PG rated It?
Either way. I know nothing about IT, but watched the hell out of the Goonies as a kid.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
zap said:

Max Power said:

I feel the same about ventriloquist dummies.

Right there with you zap.
Sapper Redux
powerbelly51 said:

That's sort of the vibe in the book. Plus a preteen sex party...
Presley OBannons Sword
powerbelly51 said:

That pretty well describes the book, except a true full motion picture version of the book would be a hard NC-17 Goonies with the exception of one scene, otherwise it would be a dark web, Eastern European underground Goonies.
The Debt
I hope the feminists demand their own version with a female clown. Aptly name it "She-It"
mhayden
A lot of people concerned that it will be true to the book, etc... While I'd love that, I just want a good movie. One of the greatest King stories adapted to film strayed from the book significantly... but Jack Torrance still worked.
RadAg14
AG
amercer said:

As long as they include the underage gangbang scene I'm sure it will be great....

Presley OBannons Sword
free_mhayden said:

A lot of people concerned that it will be true to the book, etc... While I'd love that, I just want a good movie. One of the greatest King stories adapted to film strayed from the book significantly... but Jack Torrance still worked.

Some things just won't translate, and that's ok. Sort of like the ending to Watchmen.
YouBet
AG
Max Power said:

Did you ever see the CSI Miami episode about the wife that cheated on her husband with the clown hired for their kids birthday party? Great episode and another red flag on clowns.
MASAXET
AG
I have an unhealthy fear of clowns and forced myself to watch the trailer because I LOVE scary movies and am desperate for a good one.

Only way I can describe my reaction after watching it ... "Nope."
Chipotlemonger
AG
MASAXET said:

I have an unhealthy fear of clowns and forced myself to watch the trailer because I LOVE scary movies and am desperate for a good one.

Don't you want to float away?

MASAXET
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

MASAXET said:

Don't you want to float away?

You're a bad person and you should feel bad
mikefromdilley
AG
free_mhayden said:

The Patrick Hockstetter missing flyer is an entire chapter of the book that was not mentioned in the TV series. Also, the house on 29 Niebolt St scene looks like it will be more true to the book than just the mummy sighting from the TV series. Also noticed what could be a vision of the fire at "The Black Spot."

Definitely looks more true to form just from this teaser.
Btron
AG
I guess I didn't enjoy that trailer. Too much Insidius, Conjuring, modern shock and awe horror movies. That looked like cheap scares and jump tricks.
I'll still watch it but wasn't too excited after that trailer
The Collective
AG
I guess I like Insidious / Conjuring type films, though I would guess this film won't be quite like those two.
The Collective
AG
RadAg14 said:

amercer said:

As long as they include the underage gangbang scene I'm sure it will be great....

I'm not sure it is even the weirdest sexual scenario in his books either... dude has a strange mind, no doubt.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Debt said:

Macarthur said:

The guy has more money than his grandkids will be able to spend. At this point, I bet he just wants good movies based on his works more than anything.
Carlo4
AG

Me after the trailer...
zap
AG
free_mhayden said:

True. I feel "Misery" was adapted pretty well. She seemed more cruel and heinous in the book though.

The Debt
GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

Macarthur said:

The guy has more money than his grandkids will be able to spend. At this point, I bet he just wants good movies based on his works more than anything.

Your way of thinking is why you'll never be 8-digits successful.
Say Chowdah
AG
The Debt said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

Macarthur said:

Your way of thinking is why you'll never be 8-digits successful.
Once the Stephen King universe starts, he will likely be a billionaire.

This is the first, of what will likely be many, remakes of his stories. Each with very large - even tent pole release - budgets!
The Debt
You know Stephen King was watching Deadpool and thinking to himself "Stan Lee has surpassed me in wealth, and he's filming with strippers. Are you kidding me?"
Texas Yarddog
AG
free_mhayden said:

I would be fine with the movie straying from the book in one particular instance. The ending

That book was one of the biggest letdowns I have ever had in a novel. After all my friends were going on how great it was, I suffered through 70% psycho-babble, 25% story line and 5% gotta-wrap-this-book-up-cause-its-too-long crappy ending.

Please, movie writers, feel free to completely redo the ending.
Fairview
AG
Terrible endings are King's specialty.
Say Chowdah
AG
Stan Lee doesn't own the Marvel Characters or the source material. King does.

King will go from a net worth of 300 - 400 million to George Lucas types of rich. He owns all the source material and therefore retains his publishing and royalty rights.
AggieChemist
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.