'It' Remake

59,687 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Proposition Joe
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

free_mhayden said:

They mentioned why Bowers hated the kids, but it was a quick toss-in -- definitely an issue where there simply wasn't enough time to flesh them all out.

Hell, the writeups I read said Mike was home-schooled -- but I think they must have mentioned that quickly in passing because I didn't get that from the movie.
they called him the "home school kid".

"hey isn't that the home school kid's bike?"

Then they have the rock fight.
Cancelled
AG
A big meh from me. I was bored.

During the movie I started to think I was bored and thought that maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy and cynical *******. But then I remembered that I really enjoyed Wind River.
TCTTS
AG
Same weekend, two years later. They're moving fast on this one...

Brian Earl Spilner
trueaggie2782
AG
queso1 said:

A big meh from me. I was bored.

During the movie I started to think I was bored and thought that maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy and cynical *******. But then I remembered that I really enjoyed Wind River.

I was basically the same way. Although it wasn't terrible and there were some scary parts, I didn't buy the pennywise character as much as I did the original. Still an ok movie overall.
Cancelled
AG
TCTTS said:

Same weekend, two years later. They're moving fast on this one...

Please be Richard Thomas with a ponytail, please be Richard Thomas with a ponytail.
CorpsAg11
AG
I will fight you lol
Cancelled
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

I will fight you lol

Please be Johnathon Brandis with a fake Richard Thomas Mole...please be Johnathon Brandis with a...

Oh wait...
Fairview
AG
With how successful the first one was I'm fully expecting a cast of The Rock, Channing Tatum, Vin Diesel, Jackie Chan and Melissa McCarthy.
Cancelled
AG
Fairview said:

With how successful the first one was I'm fully expecting a cast of The Rock, Channing Tatum, Vin Diesel, Jackie Chan and Melissa McCarthy.

McCarthy wouldn't work. Ben loses weight when he grows up.
Raggy09
AG
First off, I'm a massive Stephen King fan.

I really enjoyed the movie. All the callbacks, the tension, and the kids were awesome. I wouldn't call IT scary, but it was definitely unnerving, downright freaky and even surreal pennywise dancing? WTF. One of my favorite movies of the year so far.
Sex Panther
AG
Once we get an HD version, this will be my favorite gif

redass89
If I went and saw the movie only knowing the general premise behind the book I think I would have enjoyed it more.

I read the book in preparation of the movie because the trailers looked so awesome. I kind of regret not waiting until after the movie, because I walked out incredibly disappointed...
"Fight em' till hell freezes over, then fight em' on ice"
aggiebonzo
AG
Tough crowd here. I really enjoyed the movie and everyone else I know did too (book readers included). Surprised with all the mild reviews and harsh criticism. I can't wait to watch it again!
Presley OBannons Sword
redass89 said:

If I went and saw the movie only knowing the general premise behind the book I think I would have enjoyed it more.

I read the book in preparation of the movie because the trailers looked so awesome. I kind of regret not waiting until after the movie, because I walked out incredibly disappointed...

On the plus side, you read a great book
captkirk
AG
I have read the book and enjoyed the movie. I would have fleshed a few things out more, but I have no major nit picks
claym711
AG
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just terrible in almost every way.
schmendeler
AG
claym711 said:

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just terrible in almost every way.
dramatic
Saxsoon
AG
I am calling absolute BS at anyone who says the original is better than this film. I literally went home and watched it the same night after my afternoon show and it is terrible. curry being the only somewhat saving grace and even that is overblown
TCTTS
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Good call. That's who I somewhat pictured Beverly as looking like from the book.
Duncan Idaho
Any Adams would have been a better choice
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Perfect. The girl actress always said she wanted Chastain to play her.
TCTTS
AG
They're putting together a pretty awesome cast for this thing...

BoxingAg84
Quote:

The first look at the new IT movie, IT: Chapter Two has been revealed.

Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy join the rest of the Losers' Club for the first picture of the new group all together and on set.

The cast, which also includes Jay Ryan, Bill Hader, James Ransone and Isaiah Mustafa, have been filming the sequel in Port Hope.

In the upcoming film, the group have been forced to return to Derry 27 years after the original was set after demon Pennywise comes back to feed.

Bill Skarsgrd is set to reprise his role as the terrifying Pennywise for the new film, and the actor son of Stellan Skarsgrd recently said how excited he was to work with his new co-stars.

"It's going to be a very different experience this time around, just given the fact that you have all of these incredible, seasoned actors to play against, as opposed to having all the kids," Bill explained.
"So it's going to be a different experience for sure. But I'm looking forward to it."
Director Andy Muschietti recently teased facts about the film, saying it was set to be "scarier and more intense".

"Bring your adult diapers," he explained.

mhayden
Re-watched Part 1 last week - while I don't really consider it all that scary, it was a very well made movie. Excited about Part 2 and to see if this version can get the adult part right where the mini-series couldn't.
TCTTS
AG
Looks like there will be flashbacks to the young cast as well...

Olsen
AG

Olsen
AG
FTACO97
AG
Bah, you had me excited that they had dropped it early.
Olsen
AG
At least you can plan on coming to this thread to see the trailer premiere live at a specific time!
Olsen
AG
Official movie poster:

Movie trailer will premiere in less than 10 minutes from now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The casting for the adults is so spot-on.
Olsen
AG
This is very interesting! Pennywise's daughter is living in Beverly's old apartment home. I never knew Pennywise had a daughter.
wangus12
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.