*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,557 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this makes less than $100M this weekend, I don't see how the DCEU continues according to the current plan (if there even is one). It'll obviously continue in some form or fashion, but surely it begins dying a slow death at this point.
Kate Beckett
AG
Do you think this will have any impact on Wonder Woman 2?
TCTTS
AG
It'll definitely still get made for sure. It's a guaranteed hit and WW is (somehow) likely Warner Bros' most valuable franchise asset at this point. They're not going to shelve it. Though, I could see this maybe affecting the story? The current plan is a Cold War, '80s-set WW sequel, but maybe they retool it as a modern-day, post-Justice League "finale" of sorts? Who knows...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Wow. I can't imagine this not making $100m.

I have zero intent to watch it, but still, with all the fanboys and the characters involved, I'd think $100m should be a foregone conclusion.

If this leads to a new direction for DC films, though, i'll be very happy. I'd love to see some well-made movies with these characters.
Thanks and gig'em
aggiegrad01
AG
I thought it was a fun movie and enjoyed it.

Hate on all you want, it was entertaining.
AliasMan02
AG
aggiegrad01 said:

I thought it was a fun movie and enjoyed it.

Hate on all you want, it was entertaining.
The whole issue is that people don't want a fun, entertaining Justice League movie. The source material deserves something GREAT.
Hagen95
AG
The source materials are comic books. How great can it get?
TCTTS
AG

Philip J Fry
AG
Boring and most of the humor is forced.
Ag Since 83
AG
Overall an entertaining film. A big step up from BvS. I'd put it below Wonder Woman, similar in quality to Man of Steel

Negatives:
Tone was all over the place and Cavills face was noticeable
Brick Tamland
I don't know **** about being a movie critic, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Sorry.
TCTTS
AG
If you liked it you liked it. No one should ever have to apologize for liking a movie. If you got enjoyment out of it, more power to you.

Where it gets annoying sometimes is when people incessantly insist that a bad movie is good, which is a very different thing.
TCTTS
AG
Also, I have tickets for tomorrow afternoon, but I might be seeing it tonight now just because I'm so curious. Making a decision soon...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We gonna do this again?
TCTTS
AG
Only if you disagree.
Brick Tamland
I thought it was really good. I see the complaints with the villian, but he was the best DC villian outside of Nolan's Joker and Zod. I had a great time from start to finish. The post credit scene.. I totally lost it. It's a really good movie, in my opinion. I liked it more than Wonder Woman and Man of Steel, which I really liked. I guess I'm just a sucker for Batman and Gal Gadot. Really enjoyed Ezra Miller as Flash more than I thought since I love the Grant Gustin Flash on CW.

I see why it's not 90%, but it's definitely worth more than 40s%
Brick Tamland
I know I'm a fanboy, but I liked it much more than any Marvel movie outside of the original Captain America and Iron Man movies
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

If you liked it you liked it. No one should ever have to apologize for liking a movie. If you got enjoyment out of it, more power to you.

Where it gets annoying sometimes is when people incessantly insist that a bad movie is good, which is a very different thing.
It is, technically, I guess, but it really isn't. If I like it, it's good...to me. If I don't like it, it's bad...to me.

The rest is just semantics and "I know more about movies than you" snobbery.
AliasMan02
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I know I'm a fanboy, but I liked it much more than any Marvel movie outside of the original Captain America and Iron Man movies

That's great and I'm glad you dig it. But why, out of curiosity?
AliasMan02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TCTTS said:

It is, technically, I guess, but it really isn't. If I like it, it's good...to me. If I don't like it, it's bad...to me.

The rest is just semantics and "I know more about movies than you" snobbery.

That's not really true. There are some things that are objectively good or bad in story, execution, theme, etc.

If, for instance, the JL was getting whipped and then Green Lantern came out of nowhere in the last ten minutes and saved everyone, that would be objectively bad, even though some people would like it.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, that's the "technically" part. But if I thought it was cool, it was good for me.

It's just like someone saying "this wine tastes like apples" and being told they're wrong. Technically, it might be a citrus/floral taste, but if someone gets apples out of it, they get apples out of it.

IOW, it's not right to argue with someone who says it's a good movie. Educate them in the parts of film, etc. like TCTTS did on another page, sure, say well made/poorly made", fine, but good/bad is individual.
Brick Tamland
For one, I enjoy the DC characters more. I liked the Joss Whedon addition and I actually liked Steppenwolf more than any Marvel villain I've seen so far (I expect Thanos to be a ****ing badass, and much better, by the way). The Flash was one of my favorite heros growing up, even though for me it was Wally West and not Barry Allen.

I liked Captain America and Iron Man more because I liked how they told the origin stories and Hydra/Red Skull was done awesomely in my opinion.

As far as a team-up movie though I liked it much more than The Avengers (I expect that to change when Infinity War comes out).

Then the post credits scene that confirmed the next villian (probably in The Batman) was badass.
Chad Thunder
Saw it tonight, thought it was good but not as good as Wonder Woman. Zack Snyder never needs to direct a DC movie ever again, he is cancer and clearly doesn't understand any of the characters. Every scene where Superman smiles or makes a joke is clearly done by Whedon, it's simply sad what Snyder has done to Superman. Hopefully, from here on out, Superman will be a changed character and actually be more of the beacon for hope he should be.

I thought all of the characters were done well, even Steppenwolf as you can see that he is not motivated by a desire to conquer rather by fear of Darkseid. They need to take a few movies to build up to Darkseid though. He needs to be done proper justice and that can't be done quickly.

I would give the movie a solid B: entertaining with good action and good characterization, but felt rushed and jumped around too much at times.
Brick Tamland
I agree with that. Movie moved too fast and wish they had alluded to Darkseid.
3rdGen2015
AG
It definitely had some technical issues and some of the characters were bad (looking at you, Cyborg and Aquaman) but I actually enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting to, but I was surprised by it. Flash and Wonder Woman were the best parts to me. The villain and his plot were forgettable. But I still enjoyed it.
SeattleAgJr
No Chinese box office miracle/lifeline this time..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/11/17/kapow-china-clobbers-justice-leagues-1-billion-global-hopes-with-modest-16m-opening-day/#6e03675fffbc
AgMarauder04
AG
Has this been discussed?

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-reshoot-changes-explained-snyder-whedon/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list
AliasMan02
AG
Somebody on my Facebook is ranting about how awesome the movie is and saying he's thinking about blocking people dissing it. Then says that the negative vibe is all fanboy hate.

These movies bring out some crazy, for sure.
TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Somebody on my Facebook is ranting about how awesome the movie is and saying he's thinking about blocking people dissing it. Then says that the negative vibe is all fanboy hate.

These movies bring out some crazy, for sure.

Simply another example of why Facebook is a waste of time.
double aught
AG
That's kind of like saying the internet is a waste of time. Or TV. Or books. It depends.
Philip J Fry
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I agree with that. Movie moved too fast and wish they had alluded to Darkseid.

They did with one line by Steppenwolf
Brick Tamland
I caught that, but still
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
All this is is another movie that I'll watch a year from now in 10-20 bursts completely out of order on HBO.
Brick Tamland
Can we talk about the post credits scene yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.