*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,560 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
Murder Hornet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's no surprise that Superman is back in this one after he "died" but there is an awful lot of blue and red in that Batman picture.

Too bad WB/DC has been so hamfisted with this whole universe or they could have generated tons of online commentary about whether Superman is alive or dead.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
JL definitely making some noise this weekend...

p-townag
AG
Wow the new trailer looks like CGI garbage.
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
Looks like a lot of the same stuff we've already soon tbh
Quad Dog
AG
So have they scraped the bottom of the barrel of the "alternate version of a pop song" trend by using We Can Be Heroes in a Justice League trailer? Or can they go further by using Our Lady Peace's Supermans Dead?
Micah97
AG
If they can put together a coherent plot, this will be a fun movie
VanZandt92
p-townag said:

Wow the new trailer looks like CGI garbage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They could put out the best trailer ever made and people would still ***** about it. Getting so old and repetitive.
homebuildingag
AG
I'm looking forward to this movie but every time I see this Flash I get more and more disappointed in this casting choice.
Gregg Papivich
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They could put out the best trailer ever made and people would still ***** about it. Getting so old and repetitive.

Maybe because they're tired of trash
wangus12
AG
I just want more of Jason Momoa because that dude seems cool a ****
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

No one is forcing anyone to see this so-called trash.
Gregg Papivich
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Gregg Papivich said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Funny I didn't say anything about being forced, this guys is whining about people whining
AggieLitigator
I think it looks solid. Just not a fan of the Flash costume.
p-townag
AG
Not even remotely. I love these characters. I had the Dark Knight and Man of Steel trailers playing on repeat for months before they came out.

This is a completely different level of quality, and not in a good way. Aquaman flying through the air throwing his trident in front in a sea of eye melting red CGI green screen then landing on the Bat mobile is the very definition of crap.

It may be a miracle and not suck, but this trailer inspires very little confidence.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Gregg Papivich said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Funny I didn't say anything about being forced, this guys is whining about people whining
He has a point. People on this site have been griping and whining about various films for years. It does get old to constantly see the same kind of words and statements used to describe movies coming out. The hate the Star Wars prequels gets on this site is, to me, legendary. With DCEU, there are some legitimate criticisms. I don't think the Justice League movie looks like garbage because of all the CGI; it's problem is probably going to stem from the same thing that has plagued the other DCEU movies. For me that's the cinematography - where the hell is the sun in their world!!! Everything is so dark. The costume design is more muted in the colors that traditionally have been bright for Superman and Wonder Woman.

Justice League is one that I have always wanted to see, having grown up a big fan of many of these characters (as opposed to the Avengers, where I can only really remember being aware of the Hulk and Captain America). I just don't like the way DC has gone about making their movies, which seems to me to be a jump start to try to catch up to Marvel but without having put in the years of work to establish their characters as they should have.
AgMarauder04
AG
This movie looks like it could actually be kinda fun
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Ironic considering Affleck is Batman one day and not the next. Dual meaning or just clueless marketing?
MooreTrucker
AG
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think this looks really fun. And I like the naive Flash kid, and Affleck's "grumpy old man" reactions to him.

I'm really looking forward to it.
FTAG 2000
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think this looks really fun. And I like the naive Flash kid, and Affleck's "grumpy old man" reactions to him.

I know it was a small sample size, but the Flash dialog at the end comes off like they copied the Marvel Spiderman - Iron Man interactions.

Doesn't inspire confidence.
MooreTrucker
AG
AG 2000' said:

MooreTrucker said:

I know it was a small sample size, but the Flash dialog at the end comes off like they copied the Marvel Spiderman - Iron Man interactions.

Except this was filmed before Spiderman came out, right? If so, that just sounds like looking for something to complain about.

Either way, both are just typical "grumpy old man/enthusiastic kid" interactions that happen in lots of movies and TV shows.
PlanoAggie
AG
I can't stand the red tint and grey/silver/black lava rock look used in most all of the trailer -- looks like a cheap "300" knock -off.

Man, I wanted this to be good -- hoping the trailers are crap compared to the actual movie.
Simplebay
AG
The more i see of this... the worse it looks.

i disagree though about Ezra Miller. he looks good in this. Momoa just looks like he's having fun. Sadly... i think they'll damn near ruin wonder woman, especially since she was amazing in her film.

batman looks...meh.
FTAG 2000
AG
MooreTrucker said:

AG 2000' said:

MooreTrucker said:

Except this was filmed before Spiderman came out, right? If so, that just sounds like looking for something to complain about.

Either way, both are just typical "grumpy old man/enthusiastic kid" interactions that happen in lots of movies and TV shows.
I'm talking about Civil War, not the most recent Spiderman movie.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Sadly... i think they'll damn near ruin wonder woman, especially since she was amazing in her film.
What in the trailer could possibly make you think that? She's in it for a few seconds and has almost no dialogue.
MooreTrucker
AG
AG 2000' said:

MooreTrucker said:

AG 2000' said:

MooreTrucker said:

I'm talking about Civil War, not the most recent Spiderman movie.

The point remains, it's a common thing in movies, etc. so to call it a copy is just silly.
TCTTS
AG
So... I was talking to a friend last night who is definitely in a position to know such things, and, well... apparently Whedon isn't the savior many (including myself) hoped he'd be.

In fact, Warner Bros. execs now believe that they somehow have a worse movie on their hands than before. And when I say "worse" I mean worse in every way. As in, they think it might actually be the worse movie in the entire DCEU.

Think about that.

Not only are Whedon's and Snyder's sensibilities not quite meshing, but neither is their actual footage. From what I was told, it's actually fairly noticeable what has been added/changed and what hasn't. That, and the tone is just all over the place.

Not that I ever expected this movie to be any good, of course, but with Wonder Woman being such a massive hit, and Whedon coming aboard this project, there was a sense that WB might have finally been able to right the ship. But no... just the opposite, apparently, and it may very well all come crashing down yet again next month. I truly do not understand how so many top-of-their-game professionals - from execs to creatives - can be THIS incompetent. It's just astonishing how bad these people continue to be at their jobs.

Aquaman wrapped shooting literally last week, and surely that movie marks the beginning of the end now. We'll get a Wonder Woman sequel, of course - that much is guaranteed - but if JL is as bad as I'm hearing, I honestly don't think we see Affleck come back as The Batman. And hopefully we don't have to endure any other DCEU movies beyond Aquaman and WW2. It's finally time for WB to cut their loses, move on, and maybe just reboot this whole thing sometime next decade.

I've said it countless times before and I'm sure I'll say it again... but what a sh*t show.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Well honestly I'm not trying to be sarcastic but did anybody really think that Josh Whedon could turn around a Zach Snyder film? It should be no surprise to anybody that everything about how those two make a movie are polar opposites and trying to mesh those two visions into one movie would equal one big mess. It sounded like such a stretch to me when they said they're bringing in Josh Whedon to make some changes to a Zack Snyder film and suddenly everything would just be wonderful and amazing and it would have a fantastic movie.
TCTTS
AG
I hear you. I'm not surprised at Whedon apparently not being the answer as much as I am shocked that WB is just THIS bad at what they do. You would think that after multiple, potential franchise-ending fiascos, SOMEONE would step in or step up to either pull the plug or figure this thing out. I just don't understand how this happens on this level.
Sex Panther
AG
Crazy... but unfortunately not surprising. I guess the thing I'm most interested in is where does Batman go from here? Do they just reboot, or kind of give it the Bond treatment?

And meanwhile, Marvel is about to release their 19th movie, the third THOR film, which has a 98% on RT and is gonna make a gazillion dollars in November. Incredible.
Sex Panther
AG
Also TC, just curious... with the fall of Harvey Weinstein. Is Kevin Feige now the most powerful person in Hollywood?
Mathguy64
AG
Sex Panther said:

And meanwhile, Marvel is about to release their 19th movie, the third THOR film, which has a 98% on RT and is gonna make a gazillion dollars in November. Incredible.
Marvel has released 2 movies featuring a talking raccoon and a CGI character that repeatedly says "I am Groot" and they are literally printing money. WB can't make a film with Batman, Superman and WW in it.
AgMarauder04
AG
Do you think WB will FINALLY dump Snyder? This is his 3rd DC film that, while it may do well financially, will be a crap film.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.