So has anyone ever seen this Greg D character on yelp?

133,323 Views | 637 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CoachtobeNamed$$$
Alan Johnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Geralt of Rivia
S
He is very proud of is FTR so I'm not surprised that he got upset that somebody else beat him to it...I came across this one while searching for when Wings n More on Deacon opened...not sure why but it made me laugh a bit

quote:
This is the original "Wings & Things" now known as "Wings N More". I was in fact the FTR it on Yelp as I started eating here about 7 years ago. They used to spike their drinks with Everclear and have since quit doing that and either they convinced me to remove my review or somehow got Yelp to do it. I don't normally remove any reviews as there is value in seeing trends and opinions of the same customers over a period of time.

Wings & Things changed their name way back after there were local jokes going around about what the "things" were. Simple, harmless humor that I confirmed with Dave McDermond presently a photographer and writer for The Eagle. (He's a treasure trove of local information and a really nice guy).

Wing's N More has a very unique recipe for their chicken batter which seems to be unique regionally and specific to them only. I can see it being addicting. I don't crave fried chicken often, but when I do I know what to expect from Wings N More. I like the taste and it's consistently unique to this small chain with another location on Texas Avenue S in College Station, and an Express in North Bryan with a Drive Thru across the street from the new Mega Walmart.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
This man is a treasure.
rhoswen
AG
7 years? It was Wings N More when I moved to CS in 1999.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
7 years? It was Wings N More when I moved to CS in 1999.

Not sure what he was talking about. It was Wings N More way back before that.
Geralt of Rivia
S
It was Wings n More as far back as I can remember...but I think he was just saying that he was the first to review it on Yelp 7 years ago at the "original" location...because, you know, he is just that cool
rhoswen
AG
He's dumb
Al Bula
AG
Greg D is a f cking liar
Swarely
The E. King Gill statue is open for business

quote:
Does anyone know what this mans first name is? As in, what is E. short for?

This new statue which stands larger than life and prominently on the North West corner of the new side of Kyle Field (where G. Rollie White Arena used to be), oddly lacks the very name of this person. Does anyone know?

As the story goes, coach Bible asked this Corp Cadet to suit up during a game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas in 1922, well actually called the Dixie Classic back then. But, how does no one know what his name is?

I've actually searched archives at Cushing Library and there are no academic records of this person having ever been a student at Texas A&M University, which back then was known as "The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas."

It's an interesting statue. Amazing what people can make up in the name of a trademark.

Hello Seattle!

Geralt of Rivia
S
He sure does love his Taco Bell

quote:
Gotta admit that I am a Taco Bell "hobbyist" of sorts. If you find the right location in my opinion Taco Bell food is unique and a fun snack maybe once a month or two. I usually knowingly fall for many of their new items and take note of any new TV ads for new things. While I don't think they will ever out-do the Mexican Pizza, I did get excited both when the Volcano red tacos and the new Black Jack blue tacos came out. For a second I thought that maybe, just maybe someone in marketing got wise enough to realize that some people might love to find a taco made with heirloom organic Native American red or blue corn which tastes way, way better than the standard fed gov subsidized yellow dent corn #2 that is used for everything from cattle feed to ethanol in your car and High Fructose Corn Syrup in everything you eat, as well as in your hair samples. But that pipe dream popped quickly when it was admitted that the only reason the tacos are colored is due to dyes and food coloring.

ANYWAY! This location is a good one. In a far different quality region than the University Avenue nightmare location (see my list, Worst of Brazos Valley). Here they are busy, as obviously the customers know the food here can not only be consumed but it tastes like Taco Bell should. The staff is friendly, the store is clean, tall people, watch your head coming in the door cause the TV is mounted so low that if you are over 6 feet tall you can and will hit your head on that). So in the future when we need a Taco Bell fix to try one of their new strange things, we will go back here. It's a good one. Nice smooth driveways and parking lot also. My only complaint is that they were skimpy on my steak gordita. Not enough meat in the thing. If that happens again I am going to mention it to them.
Aggies Revenge
AG
quote:
In regards to ring dunking:
quote:
one of white trash

Kind of has a point...
Shut your hoar mouth
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
He's upset that someone reviewed a place first

quote:
It is absolutely wonderful to have Alex P. working hard for us in finding new restaurants and reviewing them 1st for his sheer pleasure. He's the one that had to get up early today and drive way out here to Wellborn proper and eat something he doesn't generally care for, all for the FTR.

This location is actually in Wellborn. Thanks to Alex and his never ending research my wife and I picked it for lunch. It actually opened last Friday.

The menu to me looks like someone copied Gumby's Pizza, a small national chain off Dominik in College Station.

Tried a small pepperoni and some buffalo wings. There is no where to sit inside, but there is a table outside which isn't the best as it's hot as **** in the summer in Texas. Cashier said that the City of College Station would not allow them to have indoor seating because of a lack of parking spaces and we both stared out the windows in awe at like 75 parking spaces. So whatever.

The pizza was great. It brought back an old skool flavor to me that reminded me of Chuck E Cheese in the 1980's when they used to be good. The pizza was hand made to order, watched the guy make the bread from dough, took a picture of him doing it (which I will not publish for privacy) and he invited my wife and I into the kitchen. He said "If you wanna take a picture do you wanna come back in here?" NO KIDDING! The kitchen was extremely super clean and we were very surprised at that invitation.

The wings were outstanding. I have nothing negative to report. It's pretty obvious that someone connected to Gumby's has something to do with this and it's designed for delivery only. The crust is sturdy and seems perfect for delivery. Hiroko and I send all of our best wishes to the newest restaurant in Wellborn, and thank you Alex for having to get up early and drive way out here just for an FTR. Cute. My wife and I enjoyed the road trip.

Here is his follow up review on the same place

quote:
So here we have another mystery missing review.

If you will reference my photos back in August when this opened, the FTR was by a prominent member of the community whom raced over here to get the FTR and beat me by a few hours. Even while the account itself was real, the reviewer since deleted his account and is now using a fake unverified account, but it's nice to see him back.

While adjusting the focus on a brand new camera, the only employee on duty (stated he was the owner) thought I took a photo of the kitchen. And he brashly stated "If you want to take a photo of my kitchen why not come back here?"

Well, that surprised my wife and I. I take a lot of photos. In fact I hold the record for the largest amount of photos ever uploaded in the entire history of Yelp. More than it's founders, community managers and even the "Elites".

We did in fact take a tour of the kitchen. I was surprised to see that there is no fry vat. They sell fried wings, so how do they cook them? Was shown that they cook them in a trailer back behind the location.

The pizza and wings were quite nice.

There is no where to sit. No seating. A sad fact is that in Texas it just so happens to be hotter than just to the left of Satan's Ass Hole 10 months out of the year so sitting outside to eat sucks. Heat and flies.

I suspect that this location is and will be popular for delivery in South College Station due to it's location in Wellborn. Good food, surprisingly friendly service and I can verify having seen it, an extremely clean kitchen.
PrincessButtercup
AG
He is so pathetic. And his mocking someone else trying to get a ftr? Hilarious.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
This is just bizarre. It's hilarious that he and some other autistic jerk off have a yelp rivalry to see who can review restaurants first. Wtf?
PrincessButtercup
AG
The best thing he's done is try to get action taken against the poster on here who "threatened his life" or whatever. I can't remember who it was! Someone help me out.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Oh Fonzie.
Geralt of Rivia
S
It was Fonzie Scheme...toward the end of page 1 of this thread
La Fours
AG
He's slipping. He wasn't the first to review Mooyah Burgers and Fries.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nor was he the first to review Smitty K's
PrincessButtercup
AG
Ha what a n00b.
Swarely
Mooyah review is up!

quote:
Quote:
OMG. Another burger joint. Yelp should be paying me for this.

The FTR is obviously a fake.

So here we go. This used to be a McDonald's and it's shared with the Exxon gas station. It has the best public restrooms in College Station. As in high end big city rated restrooms. Top notch restrooms that when hand washing might cause that saying "I'm a rich *****" to sneak into your mind.

As far as the food and service are concerned, I got some weird vibes from the un-naturally over-excited employees that reminded me of chain brainwashing similar to what was displayed in the 1993 film Falling Down with Michael Douglas. That joint was the Whammy Burger.

It's a total 5 Guys rip off or 5 guys ripped them off or whatever I don't care. They have boxes of Idaho potatoes out on display. Well, don't all potatoes come from Idaho anyway? Ever seen a potato from Canada or Mexico lately?

The menu is a ****ed up pain in the ass as it's right above the register and you have to look up to figure out what to order.

The burgers are WAY, WAY overpriced if you add bacon, cheese and avocado. Come to like $10 each.

The bread while baked on site is way too much for a burger. Same problem as with Grub Burger that copied Hopdoddy in Austin and tried to act like a local original.

I removed one half of the bun and it was still way too much bread.

The fries had way too much salt on them making them inedible.

And finally the HVAC system has cold air blowing down on the tables which makes your food and fries cold extremely fast.

It's certainly better than the McDonalds that was here before. The current staff of employees were friendly but disturbingly brainwashed into thinking something is special about these burgers (not grass fed or anything, mainstream beef), and the drink selection sucks with just a bunch of corn syrup fountains.

The staff made it as fun as possible by being friendly to us but there is no way I would ever eat here again as there's nothing special about it and no
Geralt of Rivia
S
The FTR was obviously a fake since it wasn't him that did it
Dirk Diggler
AG
Awesome
we can pickle that
I like that they have their own acronym for that

I'm not even sure I'd trust the first review over the later ones. Every restaurant has to work out some kinks
Amazing Moves
Has Fonzie Scheme gone to prison yet? If so, T&P for taking the D in the B.
LPHA
AG
Big city restrooms
Geralt of Rivia
S
Big city strippers
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Has Fonzie Scheme gone to prison yet? If so, T&P for taking the D in the B.
Swarely
Fonzie, you seem like the type of guy I'd like to buy a beer. And not stab and throw in the Navasota River.
LPHA
AG
quote:
Big titty strippers

fify
YellowPot_97
AG
I just read his review of Smitty Ks and he says he hates Yelp. BS. This guys entire life revolves around beating his micro peen to being the first to review places. Yet he "hates" yelp. **** off you psycho.
Geralt of Rivia
S
He sure is proud of his FTR of Torchy's Tacos

quote:
It's about Damn time this town had a Torchy's Tacos!

Today's public soft grand opening was anything but soft. It was the largest grand opening of any restaurant I dare say in the history of College Station. We counted what appeared to be well over 800-1000 people in line that wrapped all the way around the building and then out to the street. They were serving filtered ice water to people waiting which was a nice touch.

My wife and I were the 1st two customers to walk in the door and order. The crew was cheering which a;lmost brought a tear to my eye. We ordered / had six types of tacos. One that stood out to me was the Crossroads which has smoked brisket and jalapenos. Sort of like a BBQ / Taco crossover. Just wish the jalapenos were fresh instead of pickled. Gonna add that to my regular rotation.

The crew did a fantastic job considering the mob they were facing. Got to meet Michael Rypka, founder and executive chef of Torchy's and speak with him for a bit which was cool. Talked him into a quick selfie;
yelp.com/biz_photos/torc

Two things they can improve on. They need a sunshade in the afternoon, and while they are supposed to have local College Station New Republic beer on draft it wasn't hooked up yet. In my experience with Torchy's, not a bad one, well, except for the local beer at the Southlake, Dallas location was way too expensive @ $7 per glass, if a non chain like this opens and ignores local craft brew, they are not serious. The craft brews that they did have from Houston and Austin were reasonably priced at $5 and the bartender let us tastes samples before deciding which ones to purchase.

Torchy's is serious about local beer. I actually ran into Dean Brundage the Founder of New Republic Brewery in uniform, perhaps checking the kegs of Damnit Jim!?

The queso is probably one of the the best in Texas. Enjoy our photos from the first in line to what we ate and drank, and a progression of the place filling up from public opening until late in the evening. Bad ass event. Damn Good in fact!

Fuego is a College Station original (yes my wife and I were their 1st two customers as well and FTR and photos proving it as well). Fuego now has a run on well. To be fair it's hard to be honest about stating one is better, as that is too vague and presumptive. Torchy's is gonna kick Fuego's ass. And then we have The Mad Taco, by Peter Madden opening in March at 100 Jane St., .03 miles away and surrounding Fuego on each side. That's when the central top name food hub of this city will how should I say it: load balance on premium non chain New American Tex-Mex?

A special thanks to Yelp staff in San Francisco for making sure the real FTR is real.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
I wish I cared this much about something.
Slicer97
AG
Greg D's pecker has never seen a chick's mouth, has it?
GarlandAg2012
AG
I somehow had missed this thread. This is a great train wreck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.