So has anyone ever seen this Greg D character on yelp?

133,299 Views | 637 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CoachtobeNamed$$$
Chazz03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it open now?
redd38
AG
quote:
Is it open now?
It was already open when the first review was posted and when Greg posted his review saying it wasn't open.
Chazz03
AG
Oh then I need to go check it out
Fonzie Scheme
AG
That's because he's a piece of **** who should just die. Yeah, I'm talking to you, you seeping vagina.
Slicer97
AG
Am I alone in thinking that someone who took the time to review a McDonald's shouldn't be considered themselves a food critic and might want to think about getting off the internet and trying something new? Like discovering what a woman feels like, perhaps?
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Yeah, I'm talking to you, you seeping vagina.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This thread is great. I just keep coming back to it. Entertaining every time. Five stars.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Waller County Line BBQ earned itself a 1 star review

quote:
Contrary to what a lot of my fans may look for, enjoy and appreciate it's not fun to have to write a one star review for me any more. If you look at most of my reviews in the last year, it's just 5 star stuff. That's because I don't go to poorly reviewed places anymore, when actually checking the group score. I pick the best. I ****ed up by stopping here this weekend for sure and enjoy the story.

Someone needs to say this and here it goes. Check this photo;

yelp.com/biz_photos/wall

Say's "Best Pit Bar-B-Q in Texas"

There are a lot of words that come to mind. Bull**** is a good one. False, Lie, Smoke and Mirrors and other such descriptions come to mind.

When in Texas you will not find the so called and as they state "Best BBQ in Texas" on Hiway 290 a high traffic vein to and from Houston, nor will you find it in Houston. You have to go out to the legends. I'm not going to state any names but you will need to go to Driftwood, Texas out in Austin hill country or even out to Lexington, Brenham, Bryan etc. if near A&M.

The huge line made it look great and that is the problem. This bland cafe like unsmoked and unseasoned food is a disgrace to the term "BBQ" in Texas and it's group mentality and the location and the 10,000 signs saying BBQ that make people think it's special. So the parking lot is full and all of the other people passing through once in a lifetime think it is because of all of the other people that stopped because of all of the damned signs.

If you need a huge amount of signs, you're TRYING to be found instead of DESERVING to be found.

I have wasted enough time. Here. Facts with photos;

1) Kitchen looks disgusting with finger prints all over this plastic shield between the lines of the meek, weary hungry and uninformed. Gross

2) Staff was very unfriendly due to the fact that there was a mob scene of a line on Labor Day when people were going to Houston to watch the Texas A&M Aggies kick the asses of whomever that team was from Arizona.

3) Green beans were disgusting and tasted like someone poured a can of them in a pot, heated them and didn't even keep them hot. No flavors, no meats, no bacon, no care, no love. SUCKED!

4) Chicken was cold on the inside and dry.

5) Sausage was very spicy and good yet not sliced fully so had to use a plastic fork to try to break them apart to be able to eat. No one here knew where the sausage was from when asked. It was WAY too salty.

6) Brisket had no flavor and also had to use a fork to break it up. No smoke, no seasoning just boring meat.

7) Potato Salad was too sweet like they added sugar and we only took a few bites. To be honest we threw most of the plate away.

Drink selection sucks with nothing but a fountain of HFCS.

The worst thing about eating here is that it destroyed the entire day of my wife and I. We were only 1 hour from Cypress Texas and could have eaten at dozens of great place but were full because of this bland experience.

We could have eaten at so many better places and I would never stop here again if it were free.

Keep driving, good food is ahead. NOT IN THIS GAS STATION.

Oh and all the flies. The reason the locals from Prairie View (which must have no bbq at all) are all doing take out is due to how many flies are in this place. They were actually breeding on our table and I am most certainly filing a complaint with the Health Department.

DISGUSTING! So which County do I report this place to if it's on the line? Maybe that's how they get by with misrepresenting this fodder.

This place actually sucks while stating a lie of "Best BBQ in Texas". What a flat out lie.
Amazing Moves
The Texags General Board Review of Greg D.

Feel free to post your personal reviews below...
Chazz03
AG
Somebody Married him???
YellowPot_97
AG
South Park just did an entire episode dedicated to this self appointed dewsh!
Ag 11
AG
This guy is such a retard
Al Bula
AG
quote:
South Park just did an entire episode dedicated to this self appointed dewsh!
So much this. That episode was so true. Yelpers are huge dewshbags. South Park captured the Greg Ds of the world perfectly.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I can picture Greg D sitting in his study at his house writing reviews while listening to classical music just like Gerald Brovkoski.

That was a great episode.
YellowPot_97
AG
One Yelpers special for Greg D

Tanya 93
That is so disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shotcaller1
AG
What a weird dude
Geralt of Rivia
S
The US Post Office in Anaheim only receives one star

quote:
Sure enough. I can confirm that this location does not answer their phone and does not perform re-delivery requests as they are required to comply to.

Here's the tracking number of a piece of mail that appears to have been lost or stolen at or near this location:

How can they fail to deliver a service that was paid for and not answer the phone?
luddha
Boogers and cum..
Swarely
And a new installment! Also, I am pleasantly surprised to learn that if you google "Greg d Yelp" this thread is the 5th link.

quote:
So, saw this place off I-10 today and getting to it is a real pain in the ass, due to the fact that this giant shopping center only appears to have two connections to streets. I am shocked that the city of Katy would allow such a poor design for safety reasons. What if there were a need for emergency services at any of the dozens of business (like HEB) well you can't get in and out of here due to constant traffic jams.

Anyway, I had lunch with someone that could not get out of the car due to a medical reason, went inside and asked for a paper menu.. They looked but didn't have any. The cashier was a nice guy and tried to help so I just took a picture of the menu and went out to the car and showed it to my friend to get the order. Came back inside and placed the order. I asked if they could wrap the fries in foil to retain heat (due to the fact that I received cold fries in Conroe and California) and while the employee said he would love to, that they don't allow the fries to be packaged in anything except a cup in a bag. So I didn't order fries.

I was standing at the counter when my number 68 was called out, went out to the car and **********, my burger was COLD! As in refrigerated cold to the touch! My friends burger was hot.

I will never understand for the life of me how a burger chain that claims to be famous and highly rated (while being expensive as hell) can screw up a simple burger??? HOW?

If there's any credit due, the jalapenos were fresh sliced (but not de-seeded). I actually won a debate with none other than Bobby Flay about fresh vs. pickled jalapenos on national radio last year so I respect this chain for respecting the jalapeno. The bacon appears to be deep fried which gave it a nice crunch, but I do not like cold food. I HATE EXPENSIVE cold food! The bun on the top of my burger was so cold that it seemed to have just come out of a refrigerator.

Has anyone ever taken a plain grocery store burger bun out of the fridge and bit into it at about 37F? Bread SUCKS cold that way, and that is -exactly- what this location served to me today.

So Matt, Jim, Chad, Ben and Tyler (The Five Guys)... Can one of you five ****s visit this store and show them how to make a burger? I mean the Harris County Health Dept should be by pretty soon as I do report EVERY restaurant that serves me cold food, yet in the grand scheme of protecting your brand perhaps this location should not be serving cold food.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
And a new installment! Also, I am pleasantly surprised to learn that if you google "Greg d Yelp" this thread is the 5th link.

quote:
So, saw this place off I-10 today and getting to it is a real pain in the ass, due to the fact that this giant shopping center only appears to have two connections to streets. I am shocked that the city of Katy would allow such a poor design for safety reasons. What if there were a need for emergency services at any of the dozens of business (like HEB) well you can't get in and out of here due to constant traffic jams.

Anyway, I had lunch with someone that could not get out of the car due to a medical reason, went inside and asked for a paper menu.. They looked but didn't have any. The cashier was a nice guy and tried to help so I just took a picture of the menu and went out to the car and showed it to my friend to get the order. Came back inside and placed the order. I asked if they could wrap the fries in foil to retain heat (due to the fact that I received cold fries in Conroe and California) and while the employee said he would love to, that they don't allow the fries to be packaged in anything except a cup in a bag. So I didn't order fries.

I was standing at the counter when my number 68 was called out, went out to the car and **********, my burger was COLD! As in refrigerated cold to the touch! My friends burger was hot.

I will never understand for the life of me how a burger chain that claims to be famous and highly rated (while being expensive as hell) can screw up a simple burger??? HOW?

If there's any credit due, the jalapenos were fresh sliced (but not de-seeded). I actually won a debate with none other than Bobby Flay about fresh vs. pickled jalapenos on national radio last year so I respect this chain for respecting the jalapeno. The bacon appears to be deep fried which gave it a nice crunch, but I do not like cold food. I HATE EXPENSIVE cold food! The bun on the top of my burger was so cold that it seemed to have just come out of a refrigerator.

Has anyone ever taken a plain grocery store burger bun out of the fridge and bit into it at about 37F? Bread SUCKS cold that way, and that is -exactly- what this location served to me today.

So Matt, Jim, Chad, Ben and Tyler (The Five Guys)... Can one of you five ****s visit this store and show them how to make a burger? I mean the Harris County Health Dept should be by pretty soon as I do report EVERY restaurant that serves me cold food, yet in the grand scheme of protecting your brand perhaps this location should not be serving cold food.

but did you see his update to this review?

quote:
--------------UPDATE 11/09/15

Someone from Five Guys Corporate in Virginia called me this morning to document this review. I have no idea how they got my phone number but whatever. They did apologize, offer to serve a replacement meal (not needed as it was only 1 of the 2 burgers that had a cold bun). They stated that none of their bread is ever frozen nor refrigerated at any point. So my own conclusion is that my bun came into contact with a cold surface for quite some time and the lady said that they train people to "not do that". So my experience was perhaps a one off human error and this location is going to train better. I will not be accepting the complimentary food that they offered and due to the fact that the lady whom phoned me seemed to genuinely care, I'll maybe try Five Guys again somewhere else. -Greg D
Duncan Idaho
I am disappointed that 5 guys reached out to him and didn't write him off as the self important as hat that he is.

Their groveling to this idiot is more likely to cause me to avoid the chain than the greg's d review.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Mr_mo8268
AG
The dorks like this guy and every "foodie" that think they know more about restaurants And food than the chefs and people that make the business work are a joke. Frankly people like his guy and the fat foodies that constantly complain and review just to hear them selves talk deserve nothing less than a swift and hard kick to their teeth. Yelp is a joke, other food review sites are a joke, and the people that write them are a joke. If you really have a comment or complaint talk to an owner about it face to face instead of hiding behind the Internet and posting with your sausage fingers. I've noticed through the yea just about every person that writes reviews on Yelp or that is a "foodie" is either a secretary, a blogger, photographer, or barista. They are never well paid members of society that work for a living.
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:

quote:

MonkeyKnifeFighter
Duncan Idaho
Translation:

Hey everyone!!!!!!

Just to make sure you know, I watch south park!!!!!

Mr_mo8268
AG
I have actually never posted on Yelp in my life and don't use it as source to find out where to eat. I have a good friend in the restaurant business that has told many a story about Yelp and the incompetence the posters continually show on the site. If you're the guy talking about the freshness of the lobster at Red Lonster on Yelp then more power to you.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Swarely
How many stars did you give him?
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Geralt of Rivia
S
Here is the oldest review he has...from 12/21/08 of the CS Olive Garden...1 star

quote:
"I've experienced better" is probably the best way to describe this place. After living in College Station for three years and always seeing this location on the Hiway 6 feeder, what finally urged us to stop by was the television advertising onslaught touting their new "Carbonara", one of my favorite Roman foods. If you love Carbonara like I do, and you are a red wine fan, you can just skip the rest of this review and keep looking for somewhere to try.

We arrived on a Friday night about 8 - parking lot was full. People waiting in the lobby with nowhere to sit, and I almost just left before finding out the estimated wait time for 2 was only 10-15 minutes. Shortly a few bar stools opened. They had two Pinot Noirs on their menu (neither one from Willamette Valley Oregon which should have been a wake up call). One of the Pinots was 12 and the other was 9. After trying the $12 one from Monterey California, I sampled the $9 one from Italy (yes, they have an Italian Pinot) and it was better so I sent the California liquid called "Pinot Noir" back. As most Pinot lovers know, you want to look for a Pinot $40 and up, and this eatery just doesn't have anything like that. The ones I tried can be found at the grocery store for about $10 a bottle.

After only about 10 minutes I heard my name being called, so we scampered over to the seating girl, and while walking us to the table she said "What, did you lose your pager?" Now that confused me, I thought she was talking about those old fashioned phone things that people used before cell phones, so I told her "no, I did not lose a pager and I was unaware that people even use those anymore." Well, as it turns out she was talking about that square radio frequency thing with red LED lights and presumably a vibration effect that they give to you to let you know when your time comes. Upon finally realizing what this rude little college chick was talking about, I pulled it out of my jacket pocket. The thing had never gone off, so it was not working. And I wonder if they ever wash those things in between people holding them? It looked pretty grungy with greasy handprints all over it.

Anyway, the seating we lucked into was nice. It was cold outside and they seated my wife and I by a fake fireplace that was nice and warm.

Here's a tip; don't bother ordering a glass of wine. They will offer you a free sample which is fine just to sip on with dinner. They seem to randomly select which sample to offer you, and thank goodness they did not offer us the Merlot, they offered a sample of Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet. And after trying both Pinot's, I knew that's what I should have ordered to begin with. It was way better than either Pinot, but then again it's a common grocery store wine that can be found under $15 a bottle.

Do they have soup? I've seen people say that, but I wasn't offered any. They brought some bread sticks that were warm but pretty bland and cardboard like and the waitress seemed to just assume that we wanted salad. It was okay, something I could toss together in my own kitchen in a few minutes.

As they offered both Shrimp and Chicken Carbonara and we wanted to try both yet only order one split entree, the waitress offered something not on the menu, a split entree of both shrimp and chicken "Carbonara". That was nice, and we were happy with that. We were not terribly hungry and the portions ended up being perfect for two people, with the bland bread and salad.

This my friends, is - NOT CARBONARA -. It tasted really remotely similar to carbonara, but here are the problems ; Carbonara is a dish based largely on egg based cream, cured fatty pork (guanciale usually preferred to pancetta) and black pepper are basic. The pork is fried in fat (olive oil or lard); a mixture of eggs, cheese, and butter or olive oil is combined with the hot pasta, cooking the eggs; the pork is then added to the pasta.

This dish was nothing even close. No egg detected, no cream or so little it was trivial, the "pork" consisted of these little perfectly (likely machine sliced) uniform tiny chunks of tasteless ham that reminded me of what you can buy in a large sack, frozen at Sam's Club. The chicken was the only bright side of the dish as it had an interesting crust that was indeed pleasant,. The shrimp was obviously not Texas Gulf Shrimp and if someone is serving other than Gulf Shrimp near the Gulf Coast while it is in season, their food should not be taken seriously. The shrimp had the taste and texture of farm grown in China or Thailand. And someone must have spilled the rosemary in it.

We escaped for under $20 (split entree) not counting the overpriced glass of "Pinot". We left full and agreed "That was NOT Carbonara". Family friendly. Mass production chain, likely profitable franchise. Great place for Dad to drink cheap wine after church with fast food disguised as Italian cuisine..
mid90
AG
South Park nailed that yelper episode. Hope dude's like Greg D get around to watching it.
BombayAg
Dixie Chicken sux. Racist place ugh
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/greg-d-college-station

He seems to have found a friend...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.