*** 2026 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

270,529 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Boozer92
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
X91100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of confidence in the pitching I see!
frankie00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coach Ford has often said that those who can hit will start but I think she actually leans a bit toward the defensive side - a really good arm and glove will keep you in the starting lineup. Kramer and Allie good examples from last season - both had some long rough patches at the plate during the year but they continued to start. I thought it was the right call at the time because great defense in the OF is very important but once Kelsey got a few chances and did really well I started having second thoughts on that!

On Ariel (aka AK) I wrote the following in a previous post (based on her being at catcher in practice and other comments about her at that position):

"Hard to tell since I do not see the practices but if Ariel really is going to see action behind the plate we might see Ariel and Maddie get most of the time there in February. The one who hits best might be the starter when SEC play starts. We have had some really great hitters at that position in the past - past time to have that again. [in 2027 might be Ariel at 3B and Maddie at C]"

Last season some of the lineup changed a bit in non-conference but not a huge amount. Mostly at catcher with Ojo, Gracyn and DeeDee getting chances (DeeDee not as many). With Mac on the team Mya played a ton of 1B but this year I think they will go with Micaela at that position at the beginning and see how she works out (glove and bat). As another person wrote, I think the coaches really want to see Micaela at 1B and I agree with this but if her bat does not produce we might see Mya end up there again, Ariel behind the plate and Maddie at DP. Overall, this year I think we might see a bit more lineup change during non-conference.

I also mentioned Annsley's speed on the bases and imagined what that speed would look like on defense in the OF (huge range). If she gets a chance to show what her glove and bat can do, and if they work out, she might be out there come SEC play. From the way Coach talks about her (and her success in HS and one year in D1) I think Paislie has a better chance to start and the coaches really want to see her on the field (like Micaela). But I have seen zero practices and have no idea how they have been doing so hard call. And maybe Coach WILL put Ariel out there. The coaches are really high on her and she will be on the field somewhere! And, I have to say that the coaches have really surprised me in the past with some of their lineup choices so anything can happen. Oh well, we will see in about three weeks!

My guess for Opening Day (only change from previous post is adding Sidne):

P - Lessentine (or Sidne?)
C - Ariel (guess or hope?!)
1B - Micaela
2B - Tallen
SS - KK
3B - KP
DP - Mya
LF - Paislie or Annsley? Small chance Hailey?
CF - Kelsey
RF - Frankie
SBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks very interesting
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My take:

- By conference play both Ariel and Maddie will be in the lineup somehow every game. I would not be surprised if one of them (or Mya) spends time at 1B to make this happen.
- Outfield is the biggest question mark as far as everyday starters other than Kelsey. This will get worked out in February. I expect Kelsey to will have a major step-up offensively vs 2025 with a full season of play.
- Anything definite about Maya Bland status?

Not much longer now!
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was hoping to make opening weekend.

Little League tryouts, volleyball tournament, and tower shoot got my weekend booked.

Still wish UIL would move the state softball games to our place. Better parking and more room.
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.on3.com/softball/team-rankings/

14th in preseason poll but 8th in SEC.

More than half the top 25 is in the SEC. Crazy how the world of softball has become so concentrated in 1 conference
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Non conference games against ranked teams

Week 1 Home tourney - #1 Texas Tech
Week 2 Clearwater - #19 Ok St, #20 Duke
Week 3 Mary Nutter - #5 Oregon, #20 Duke, #11 Nebraska, #8 UCLA
Week 4 Home tourney - none
Week 5 Texas St tourney - none

Conference

@ #12 LSU
Home - unranked Kentucky
@ #2 Texas
Home #15 Georgia
@ #25 Ole Miss
Home #21 Miss St
@ #16 S Carolina
Home #3 Oklahoma

If I counted right that is 28 games against preseason top 25
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boozer92 said:

Non conference games against ranked teams

Week 1 Home tourney - #1 Texas Tech
Week 2 Clearwater - #19 Ok St, #20 Duke
Week 3 Mary Nutter - #5 Oregon, #20 Duke, #11 Nebraska, #8 UCLA
Week 4 Home tourney - none
Week 5 Texas St tourney - none

Conference

@ #12 LSU
Home - unranked Kentucky
@ #2 Texas
Home #15 Georgia
@ #25 Ole Miss
Home #21 Miss St
@ #16 S Carolina
Home #3 Oklahoma

If I counted right that is 28 games against preseason top 25
This is going to be amazing!
frankie00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The SEC has been tough for years but adding the sips and sooners made it a lot tougher.

It's going to be a long, tough season. Our hitting and pitching will have to do really, really well for us to have anywhere close to the success we had last season.

Playing four ranked teams at the Mary Nutter will give us a good idea of how the season might go. After that, playing the sips so early in the season, in Austin, will be another tell.

Sure am looking forward to it all !!
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another way to look at it - we play all three 2025 non-SEC world series teams in our non-conference schedule...
Positivelyag512
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another way to look at it is, we don't have Bama, TN, or FL
Hard Work, God 1st
fitzwatema
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking forward to softball season and can't wait to see how the team shapes up this year!
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Appreciate the insight from you all, you all are brilliant!! Non conference is going to be extremely important to this team to figure out pitching rotations and starting lineup! Love being tested early!
MSTC Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did everyone get their softball ticket information yesterday?
Wooahhhh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
no practicing in a gym for the SEC. No snow cover. Can train 7 days a week, 365 days a year, mostly outside. Big 10 doesn't get out of bad weather, what, until April?
OldAg68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MSTC Man said:

Did everyone get their softball ticket information yesterday?


Yep!
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy they went to all in one tickets this year
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
Boozer92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully they have an open practice and a meet and greet before the season starts like last year
SBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey - yes, on January 24th. I got that from Mo Seymour. She didn't give me a specific time, but the last 3 have started anywhere between 10:30-11:00 am.
frankie00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully someone will post some pics from the meet and greet !!
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
Kay Naegeli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KLB93 said:

My take:

- By conference play both Ariel and Maddie will be in the lineup somehow every game. I would not be surprised if one of them (or Mya) spends time at 1B to make this happen.
- Outfield is the biggest question mark as far as everyday starters other than Kelsey. This will get worked out in February. I expect Kelsey to will have a major step-up offensively vs 2025 with a full season of play.
- Anything definite about Maya Bland status?

Not much longer now!

I can confirm Maya Bland is no longer with the program.
OlSargeAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Uh oh. Dismissal or portal?
"Stop being scared and get excited about what this program is doing!" - Mike Elko, Sep. 17, 2025
------------
"I'm not saying you're the stupidest person to ever live, but you better hope the stupidest person don't die!"
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.