2024 Omaha Scoreboard (6/14 - 6/24)

106,703 Views | 1835 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by CapCityAg89
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel like if you bean a runner in the head when he is only like 2 inches away from you, he should get to stay on base.
Sean98
AG
Love that DP (I mean, hate it, but love the way it was executed).

It's way easier to hit the guy than it is to turn the double play the old fashioned way.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Kentucky can't get out of their own way today. Maybe Florida is using up all their positive energy and offense this morning.
maxag42
Wow, dumb by Kentucky. You got to stay down.
LB12Diamond
AG
So if he slides through the bag. All good even if he hits the fielder?
aggiefan09
AG
Looked like it was unintentional at first to pop up. I thought live his foot caught the dirt and forced him to pop up. Replay not so much
TAMUallen
AG
Weird play. I do wonder if he did mean to hit him. There was no play at first since it took so long
BohunkAg
AG
Mingione is a dumbass
dabo man
AG
Well that was a stupid play followed by a waste of time challenge. UK is the walking dead so far.
TAMUallen
AG
Hope we hear from Mingione about it because didn't seem like a good thing to challenge
barbacoa taco
AG
what a stupid challenge
swimmerbabe11
There is no way he purposely hit him just like there is no way the runner purposely popped up like that. unlucky fluke play.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I've said it many times.. if my team is going to have a meltdown inning, the best one to have it in is the first.

That's the philosophy I based my A&M days on. The sooner you get behind the more time you have to catch up.

That's what she said
AgLA06
AG
BohunkAg said:

Mingione is a dumbass

Maybe. But your MO is only post negative things.

He's also a coach of a team down 6 after the first inning trying desperately to incite some fight from his team.
LB12Diamond
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

There is no way he purposely hit him just like there is no way the runner purposely popped up like that. unlucky fluke play.

You sure about that
BohunkAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

BohunkAg said:

Mingione is a dumbass

He's also a coach of a team down 6 after the first inning trying desperately to incite some fight from his team.

It is? Wow. I didn't know you followed me that closely. I'm touched.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

20 years ago, yes, if you were sliding for the bag, and the fielder was in the way, you could take him out as part of your slide. But not any more. Don't remember exactly how long it's been, but as soon as the bag is touched, the runner has to stop running and get down. The having to get down part has never made any sense to me.
swimmerbabe11
This is also his first year as a head coach and he's in the CWS. Heck of a coaching job for a dumbass.
BohunkAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

BohunkAg said:

Mingione is a dumbass

FWIW I don't even know you.
MaroonStain
AG
Florida needs to score 22 runs, get that adrenaline elation max going then sit for 4 hours.
TAMUallen
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

The whole thing was strange. There was zero play at first so why even throw it?
AgLA06
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

20 years ago, yes, if you were sliding for the bag, and the fielder was in the way, you could take him out as part of your slide. But not any more. Don't remember exactly how long it's been, but as soon as the bag is touched, the runner has to stop running and get down. The having to get down part has never made any sense to me.
You just saw why. So they don't have their face crushed trying to be a hero and the shortstop / second baseman doesn't break a hand.
BohunkAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

This is also his first year as a head coach and he's in the CWS. Heck of a coaching job for a dumbass.

I like you. But he's been there since 2017.
dabo man
AG
Turn your back to the fielder and make him throw around you. Runner was just hit because the defender didn't expect him to pop back up from his slide. I don't think it's inherently dangerous for a runner to be standing in a baseline during a throw from 2nd to 1st.
LB12Diamond
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

So he just has to disappear or pull a matrix move away from what ever the fielder does.

Hmm

And I thought the fielder should make a play to touch the bag and a move to achieve a throwing lane not down the base line. You know similar to what Cags messed up in the 1st inning.
tonytx05
AG
TAMUallen said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

If you don't attempt the throw to first, harder to get the interference call.
swimmerbabe11
That's what I get for listening to my husband who doesn't watch baseball and just listens to tidbits. Still impressive that this is his first head coaching gig and he's there. mea culpa.
TAMUallen
AG
tonytx05 said:

TAMUallen said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

If you don't attempt the throw to first, harder to get the interference call.

Which means he did mean to hit him or force the interference call which seems counter to the purpose of the rule but that's a whole different discussion
BohunkAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

That's what I get for listening to my husband who doesn't watch baseball and just listens to tidbits. Still impressive that this is his first head coaching gig and he's there. mea culpa.

Notwithstanding the other guy's comment who said I'm ALWAYS negative, I meant that challenge wasn't smart. I wasn't calling into question his entire set of coaching credentials for chrissakes.
ABATTBQ11
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Found the problem
LB12Diamond
AG
Maybe say it's a dumbass challenge.

Not he's a dumbass.
BohunkAg
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Maybe say it's a dumbass challenge.

Not he's a dumbass.

Listen I never said I was smart either.
RedassAg04
AG
Do we hope for a weather delay to make both teams lose a pitcher?
LB12Diamond
AG
RedassAg04 said:

Just need Kentucky to start hitting.
TAMUallen
AG
RedassAg04 said:

We always want them losing pitchers but as said above, we need Kentucky to start getting hits/runs

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.