2024 Omaha Scoreboard (6/14 - 6/24)

118,797 Views | 1835 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by CapCityAg89
missinAggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So excited!
tjack16
AG
I mean he picked us to make the finals… that's not something a lead college baseball guy does very often. I'm cool with it
jkag89
C'mon, let me have my little jab at Kendall and him always trying to be balanced. It would be nice if he would let his fandom show through occasionally.
dabo man
AG
Some of us (including jkag89) first met Kendall over 30 years ago when he was a little kid. It's hard sometimes to remember how big of a name he's become in college baseball.
RED AG 98
AG
100%. My brother and I chat about this often. Wasn't that long ago he was just that snotty nosed kid running around.
trouble
AG
Yup. He's always going to be Kourt's little brother to me.
TyHolden
AG
Today's winners in bold...

Bracket A
Friday June 14th
G1 1:00 PM (12) Virginia vs (4) North Carolina (ESPN)
G2 6:00 PM (8) Florida St vs (1) Tennessee (ESPN)
W
AG
the 2024 team is looking for win #50 tomorrow night vs. the Gators. And then win #51, #52, etc..,

here's how the '24 team looks on the all-time season win list

58 - 1989
53 - 1993
52 - 1988, 1999
50 - 2015
49 - 2016, 2024
jkag89
I'm hoping to pass the '93 team in Ws. 54 or 55 (if the Ags fall to the losers bracket).
AG
I worked with Kendall's sister at the ticket office so I saw him quite a bit working baseball games. I always remember Kendall getting pissed and frustrated in games we were getting our butts kicked when he was in high school.
StinkyPinky
AG
Almost game time! Let's get it on!
RED AG 98
AG
jkag89 said:

AWP 97 said:

jkag89 said:

Fixed (I think). Don't have a clue what the eff happened. Obviously I did not thoroughly double check everything anything.

And just for the record, I appreciate you doing this. I should have started off that way instead of just that the dates were wrong. My apologies.
No need to apologize. I actually appreciate when y'all catch my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs and point them out so I can fix them. All the more so if done in an amusing way.
Others have had plenty of opportunity to chime in and have not, sooo....

OP still has "Florida Stl" listed in game 2. I do not know what combining Florida Man with either Seattle or St. Louis would mean but I also do not really what to ever find out.
StinkyPinky
AG
I'm always the pessimistic weather worrier (yes, a recognized fault), so still not liking the forecast for our game tomorrow. Worst part (and only part with thunderstorm risks) is of course the 4 hour window tomorrow evening. Why Mother Nature WHY!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
jkag89
It means I don't know how to type (and at this point of the season, too lazy to proof read) Fixed.
dabo man
AG
You mean we're playing Florida Gainesville?!? I was looking to playing their St. Louis campus.
jkag89

If our game gets postponed and as such you are not able to attend then by all means weep, wail and gnash your teeth at how Mother Nature and the baseball gods hate you. Until then, off to the Eeyore Couch if you want to continue whining about a weather forecast.

(of course if this is some sort of reverse jinx to keep the rain away, ignore the above)
dabo man
AG
Going to also be quite hot in Omaha. Average high this time of year is right around 80F. After tomorrow, they're supposed to have a run of days in the mid 90s.
LB12Diamond
AG
This blue was a very tight zone so far.
jkag89
UVa 0 0 0
UNC 0 0 0
=========
M1

The Hoos strand three, all reached via BB. UNC pitcher at 30 pitches.
dabo man
AG
I had a neighbor growing up who went to Virginia Tech after serving in WW2. He was an engineer at DuPont. He'd grown up in rural Lawrenceville, VA, and HATED UVa. It was a school for rich kids who didn't want to learn anything useful.

For the late Mr. Peterson, I am rooting against UVa today.
annie88
AG
Damn, our game is on at the same time for George Strait but I will be keeping up with it, checking it and I'm sure they will give us updates at Kyle field. Can't say I won't check out my phone a few times or run to the bar.
trouble
AG
George doesn't take the stage until like 9:15. We good.
jkag89
UVa 0 0 0
UNC 1 2 0
=========
E1

Tar Heels with the early lead. 6-3, single, double, RBI 4-3, F8. 15 pitches for UVa pitcher.
jkag89
UVa 0 0 0
UNC 1 2 0
=========
M2

Three up, three down for the Hoos. K, K, 6-3. 42 pitches.
tjack16
AG
dabo man said:

Going to also be quite hot in Omaha. Average high this time of year is right around 80F. After tomorrow, they're supposed to have a run of days in the mid 90s.

Nothing will beat that game 1 against Oregon … I just started peeling from sunburn today
dabo man
AG
That ferris wheel looks to be tens of feet tall. Not hugely impressive.
dabo man
AG
Seems like on a potential double play the runner would at least be allowed to stand there and be in the way for the throw (and not have to slide 15' short of the bag).
jkag89
UVa 0 0 0
UNC 1 3 0
=========
E2

Single, K, 6-4 FC, F9. 26 Pitches.
jkag89
UVa 1 3 0
UNC 1 3 0
=========
M3

F9, single, double (high bouncer just over 3B reach), RBI bloop single, MOUND VISIT, UNC scrambles the jets, K, L7. 60 Pitches.
jkag89
UVa 1 3 0
UNC 1 4 0
=========
E3

L8, ground rule double to right, BB, MOUND VISIT, P6 (infield fly signaled by Blue), F8. 44 Pitches.
jkag89
UVa 1 4 0
UNC 1 4 0
=========
M4

single (7 pitch AB), 4-6 FC, K, BB, 5U (tag). 84 Pitches.
jkag89
UVa 1 4 0
UNC 1 5 0
=========
E4

Single, K, 6-4 FC, 6-3. 57 Pitches.
StinkyPinky
AG
dabo man said:

Not to mention humid
trouble
AG
dabo man said:

I think we'll be okay.

dabo man
AG
I'm aware. I have a Meteorology degree and lived there from 1990 to 2013. The climate is one of the reasons I moved 700 miles north.

Yesterday we hit 90F for the first time since Sept 30.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.