*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

208,354 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by jkag89
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAg91 said:

Seems like Dee Kennedy has another 2-3 weeks to enter re-portal since Pierce was fired.,
duh. Yeah

Edit: still weird. Have confirmed that he did indeed withdraw from the portal. He ain't in there. And after that he announced that he is committing to K-State. At a minimum this is entertaining.
Sean98
AG
TH36
themissinglink
AG
Vandy middle infield
P.U.T.U
AG
Still thinking need another arm or two. Plus isn't one of our HS recruits, think middle infielder, projected to go in the first or second round?
RED AG 98
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Still thinking need another arm or two. Plus isn't one of our HS recruits, think middle infielder, projected to go in the first or second round?
yep, we need a big RHP. the udub kid fits the bill if he follows his coach

and yes, this guy is projected highly, it depends on what his number is and what he indicates to the teams he's willing to take https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3466565/replies/67883060
Sean98
AG
P.U.T.U said:

both SS commits are projected in the Top 4 rounds. Sanford could go 1st round.
AgLA06
AG
According to Brauny on Premium, the Ags have a catcher lined up and are working to get it to the finish line.
Sean98
AG

TarponChaser
Speaking of the portal and how all this works- I'll grant that it's a mid-major- but it's been discussed that SFA basically cut a large chunk of their incoming freshman class who had already signed their NLI's and was set to show up on campus.

Anybody have a clue how that works or is kosher with the rules?
Sean98
AG
TarponChaser said:

Speaking of the portal and how all this works- I'll grant that it's a mid-major- but it's been discussed that SFA basically cut a large chunk of their incoming freshman class who had already signed their NLI's and was set to show up on campus.

If kids have actually signed their NLI I don't think the school can rescind it. What I think happens is schools tell you to move on. If you don't they say, "cool, you'll never play. Ever." and so you prefer to move on.

Same with players. They can request to be released from their NLI, but schools don't have to agree. There's an appeals process that a student can pursue, but no guarantees that they get out.

It's possible this has changed in the last year or two, because, well... hasn't everything? But I don't think it has.

...of course, if the kids haven't signed their NLI then there's nothing keeping a school from dumping them all.
Sean98
AG

FTAG 2000
AG
AgLA06 said:

According to Brauny on Premium, the Ags have a catcher lined up and are working to get it to the finish line.

Rhymes with Smacktion Grappel, hopefully.
mvegas
Can someone provide a link or the thread that shows the likely incoming freshman? They are that much more important for Yr 2 and Yr 3 after the current stars exhaust their eligibility or head to the draft. At this point there will be many starting positions to fill for '26.
StockEng86
AG
Would love both Sorrell & Kent to come back. Its a little bit of a red flag that neither have. Kent will go where he is 100% sure he will play the position he wants to play and play every game. Ags gave a lot of NIL money for what they have committed already, even though some think that money tree just keeps printing money thats not true.
RED AG 98
AG
Brauny got jokes. Big tease here...

TarponChaser
Sean98 said:

TarponChaser said:

If kids have actually signed their NLI I don't think the school can rescind it. What I think happens is schools tell you to move on. If you don't they say, "cool, you'll never play. Ever." and so you prefer to move on.

Same with players. They can request to be released from their NLI, but schools don't have to agree. There's an appeals process that a student can pursue, but no guarantees that they get out.

It's possible this has changed in the last year or two, because, well... hasn't everything? But I don't think it has.

...of course, if the kids haven't signed their NLI then there's nothing keeping a school from dumping them all.
From what I understand these are kids who did sign as most baseball kids signed back in the fall but who knows for sure?
RED AG 98
AG
nvm, I thought you were responding to something else
FTAG 2000
AG
StockEng86 said:

Ags gave a lot of NIL money for what they have committed already, even though some think that money tree just keeps printing money thats not true.

ROKU is up over $10/share in the past two weeks. We good there.
RED AG 98
AG
KENT, BACK IN M&W!!!

BLSmith04
AG
KAEDEN KENT IS BACK
BLSmith04
AG
We just need Caden Sorrell now!!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Isn't the nil signed with a company, not the university?
you moran
AG
And Henseler
you moran
AG
And a catcher.
RED AG 98
AG
Sean98
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Isn't the nil signed with a company, not the university?
NLI... national letter of intent. Not NIL.
Sean98
AG

aggiewilliford
When will we know about the guys leaving washington...those would be awesome additions
Farmer1906
AG
I want to give a big thank you to those leading on the NIL front. Yall the real MVPs.
RED AG 98
AG
NOONER 7/3/24 PORTAL UPDATE

Withdrawn but draft eligible
Ali Camarillo
Hayden Schott

Withdrawn, Team Aggie 2025
Gavin Grahovac
Jace LaViolette
Kaeden Kent

Still in Portal
Max Kaufer
Caden Sorrell
Kaiden Wilson
Carl Schmidt
Jason Bodin
Isaac Morton

Committed In Portal
Gavin Kash (draft eligible, TTU)
Matt Bergevin (draft eligible, Fairfield)
Wyatt Henseler (draft eligible, Penn)

Portaled Out
Jack Bell (TCU)
Justin Vossos (Texas St)
Jett Johnston (Auburn)
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! DUH! Thanks!
Sean98
AG
My 2nd favorite type of Nooner
RED AG 98
AG
Brauny with another tease....

The Marksman
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Brauny with another tease....

GIVE ME BEAST SORRELL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.