*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

205,304 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by jkag89
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who do we want?

1379 college baseball players entered the portal before Noon. Today is Day One
PhatMack19
AG
ReggieF
Need a 1b and a Friday night guy.
greg.w.h
AG
ReggieF said:

Need a 1b and a Friday night guy.
I want a LH 1B who switch hits and hits dingers…
TexAg1822
AG
Prager and Cortez are draft risks, correct? I assume Aschenbeck and Rudis are gone?

Regardless, I think Schloss & Max will be very active for pitchers
PhatMack19
AG
Also need to replace Asch and Cortez
HuttoAg27
AG
I believe Rudis has another year.
caleblyn
Is there any risk of losing Max Weiner?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure we'll get the Aggies vs. the MLB Draft thread when the season ends), but I think this is where we stand right now:

Sure-Fire MLB Draft Losses:
  • Montgomery
  • Prager
  • Cortez

Draft-Eligible, Could Return:
  • Camarillo
  • Armstrong
  • Wansing (Possible medical retirement?)
  • Jones
  • Rudis
  • Stewart
  • Tracy (Still on the team? Redshirt?)
  • Appel (Covid/Ivy League)
  • Schott (Covid/Ivy League)

Seniors:
  • Chestnut ***Petitioning for an extra year, tbd***
  • Targac
  • Burton
  • Bard
  • Aschenbeck ***Petitioning for an extra year, tbd***
  • Peery
  • Badmaev

EDIT: Added notes to Chestnut and Aschenbeck based on reporting that they are petitioning for an extra year.
caleblyn
Does T Nutty have another year (COVID)?
caleblyn
DJP...

That is where I was headed. Do any of those seniors have any extra years due to COVID, or some other rule?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
I could be wrong...but I think only Appel and Schott have that option due to coming from the Ivy League. From what I understand, they were not allowed to use that Covid year while at Penn/Columbia and still have that available.

I'd expect Appel to get drafted around the 10th round and probably sign. Schott I'm not sure on.
caleblyn
We need a spreadsheet!
trouble
AG
caleblyn said:

Is there any risk of losing Max Weiner?

No
trouble
AG
I believe that's correct on the covid years
Sea Pony 07
AG
trouble said:

I believe that's correct on the covid years

My understanding as well.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Gavin Kash, Texas Tech is entering the portal

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7w1jtHO0eT/?igsh=MW8xYWg0eDRzMjEzbg==

https://texastech.com/sports/baseball/roster/kashgavin/12739

He hit .327 with 26 HR in 2023 and .300 with 15 HR this year.
Played 1B and hit cleanup for tech.
tjack16
AG
The guy from Tech will be a legit addition to whoever gets him

But he was a sip, transferred to tech and now in the portal again

Wicked Good Ag
Prager likely gone but does have some negotation room with being draft eligible soph. Makes complete sense to go depending on where he goes in draft. But perfect example of NIL and still have huge chance to move up in draft could come back.

Still I believe he will sign
Build It
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

I could be wrong...but I think only Appel and Schott have that option due to coming from the Ivy League. From what I understand, they were not allowed to use that Covid year while at Penn/Columbia and still have that available.

I'd expect Appel to get drafted around the 10th round and probably sign. Schott I'm not sure on.

10th round money is 175k at best. Couldn't we get him more NIL money to stay?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Potentially, sure. But it just depends on where he's at and if he wants another year of school. He might be ready to start his professional career because the clock is ticking for him, especially as a catcher.
drink32
Is Wyatt Henseler coming to A&M, or going to the draft?
Wicked Good Ag
You dont go to the draft. If you are draft eligible and get drafted you can choose to sign or not based upon whatever offer they give you. and if you dont sign and have eligibility left you can play again and repeat the proces for usually much less given you dont have as much bargaining chips. Unless you do so well that you move up the board significantly
drink32
ok, so, let me rephrase: Do you think Henseler is at A&M or in the minors next year?
Wicked Good Ag
Minors, I think he goes high enough and this is his only leverage year
OKCAGS
Prager has another leverage year …. If he gains 10 pounds and a couple of mph's on his fastball he could be a top 20 pick next year . As of now ( 1 year removed from major arm surgery ) he is a 3rd rounder . He needs to come back and make some serious $$$ next year as a 1st rounder.
Sean98
AG
OKCAGS said:

Prager has another leverage year …. If he gains 10 pounds and a couple of mph's on his fastball he could be a top 20 pick next year . As of now ( 1 year removed from major arm surgery ) he is a 3rd rounder . He needs to come back and make some serious $$$ next year as a 1st rounder.
I actually think there's a fair shot at this (speaking totally out of my ass). But more importantly, given the experience our staff has, I'm comfortable saying that they will lay out all the data, the likely options - long term, financial, etc, provide the best info to the kids and then respect their decisions. Which is exactly what they should do.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

. If he gains 10 pounds and a couple of mph's
Schloss alluded to this very thing in his comments about his (Prager's) performance vs tu. Perhaps he can sway him to return. Either way, I expect Schloss to hafta turn away some talented players wanting to come here. Feels like he almost has his pick, and if/when we make another good run in Omaha, expect it to continue apace!
Mr.Ackar07
Justin Vossos and Carl Schmidt are the only Aggies currently listed in the portal.
RED AG 98
AG
If Wyatt Henseler (transfer from Penn) makes it to campus, he's your 1B next year. He's played 3B at Penn but pretty sure Schloss wants to keep GG over there. He's not left handed, but he does hit dingers.

- Unanimous 2024 Ivy League Player of the Year.
- led Ivy League in 2024 with 22 home runs.
- Ivy League career home run mark with 54
- 3x All Ivy League

Quote:

In addition to his athletic accolades, Henseler was also named the program's Academic All-Ivy representative for his accomplishments in the classroom.

The Emmaus, Pa. native put together another remarkable season at the plate in 2024, leading the Ivy League in home runs (19), runs (54), slugging percentage (.784), and total bases (131). In addition to those categories, Henseler also leads the Quakers in batting average (.371), OPS (1.265), games played/started (42), hits (62), RBIs (47), hit-by-pitches (13), on-base percentage (.481), multi-hit games (22), multi-RBI games (14), and currently has a season-best reached base streak of 27 consecutive games.

In Ivy play, Henseler led the conference in batting average (.438), OPS (1.479), runs (31), home runs (10), total bases (73), slugging (.913), and on-base percentage (.566).
This kid can rake.
PhatMack19
AG
Gavin's primary position was OF in high school. We could see him in RF next season.
tjack16
AG
I'm mainly worried about losing Kent. He should be a starter next year and he's been so beneficial this year.
RED AG 98
AG
He played OF, SS and even C in HS. We'll see what happens; Schloss mentioned 3B being a good spot for him and I've heard the same from others.
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

He played OF, SS and even C in HS. We'll see what happens; Schloss mentioned 3B being a good spot for him and I've heard the same from others.
Again, I think the staff build for the long term. Part of that is understanding the best future interests of players. I'd be surprised if they don't also consider "what is the players future MLB position?" in combination with "what do we need today?". So is Gavin better positioned for the long term at 3b or corner OF?

... another fun rumor out there is that Ethan Petry, USCe OF may be looking around with Kingston getting fired. He's a 6'4", 235# sophomore RF that hit .307 with 21 HRs. That would be a nice right handed bat to go some combination of GG, Jace, Petry, Sorrell
Sean98
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Justin Vossos and Carl Schmidt are the only Aggies currently listed in the portal.
Beat me to it. Came here to post this. This will be very interesting to watch as active roster decisions are made for the rest of the post-season. That seems to be an infection point for players to make decisions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.