*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

207,462 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by jkag89
Texas Yarddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a pretty good take on Wyatt's situation.
Sean98
AG
I'm not ruling anything out with this team, but I would say it's a 5% chance.

Jackson is more like 35-40%

Ali is more like 60-75%

...Prager is going to be more of a negotiation with teams. His draft spot will be high enough to go, but if we wants over-slot money there's a chance he withdraws.
The Marksman
AG
At this point, I'm hoping we get Sorrell back and one of Kent or Henseler. Throw in Ali potentially coming back if he doesn't go high enough plus maybe Sandford or Farr(and who knows if Earley will go get anyone else), and I think our offense is going to be elite once more next season.
Sean98
AG
A few more.

• Alberto Osuna (DH, Sr.) North Carolina. .281/.376/.587, 14 HRs, 17doubles
  • Will Edmunson (OF, Fr.) Arkansas. .241/.362/.333, 1HR in limited play
  • Griffin Lohman (RHP, Jr., 6-6", 230) Purdue. 3.38ERA in 8 appearances, 8IP. 8K, 4BB
  • Miles Garrett (RHP, Jr.) Mizzou. Mentioned mostly for his name, but also the fact that he had a 1.00 ERA for Vandy in 2021... didn't play in '22 or '23, was on Mizzou in '24 with no stats.

Edit:
  • Nolan McCarty (OF, Jr.) Kentucky. .288/.380/.480 8HR, 12 doubles, 8 SB
themissinglink
AG
TarponChaser
I've heard several times that Sorrell never actually entered the portal despite reports he did. Can anybody confirm one way or the other? He never made any sort of announcement on social media and both his IG and Twitter are still all A&M.
Sean98
AG
He's listed on d1's site. They're a little less meticulous about the portal entries, withdrawals than 64Analytics, but I don't have a sub to 64, so can't see for sure.
TarponChaser
Sean98 said:

He's listed on d1's site. They're a little less meticulous about the portal entries, withdrawals than 64Analytics, but I don't have a sub to 64, so can't see for sure.
I wonder how they're populating their respective databases. At one point I saw that over 4000 had entered the portal but the NCAA (at least from what I've found) doesn't allow public access. You have to be a coach or administrator at a college to have access. So are these places going off social media posts, rumors, or what?
Sean98
AG
64Analytics goes directly off of the NCAA filings. For example, they still have Gavin on the list right now.

I think d1 only updates 1x a day and it *may* be a little more skewed to twitter/social media announcements.
Sean98
AG
  • Cole Selvig (LHP, Fr. 6', 205) texas. 0-2, 9.72ERA, 8.1IP 6K, 1BB
AgLA06
AG
Great summary here.

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/3473742/1#discussion
Sean98
AG
Texas A&M: Gavin Kash (1B, L/R, Jr.) Texas Tech. .300/.365/.561, 15HR (26 last year), 51 RBI
* began at Texas, then Tech, now Aggieland (unless he goes pro)

Sean98
AG
Unless your a lolpoorz
SMG
AG
Any update on Kent or Sorrell?
RXAggie02
AG
This aged well!!!

tjack16 said:

The guy from Tech will be a legit addition to whoever gets him

But he was a sip, transferred to tech and now in the portal again

12thMan9
AG
Go get C Grant Knipp from Campbell.

Almost their entire team entered the portal when their coach left for Ohio St.
Ronnie '88
Sean98
AG
Grant is highly likely to go pro. ...and he was mostly a DH, only caught a little and didn't catch at all down the stretch. Don't know if he was battling an injury, or just more of a backup behind the plate. He only caught 11 games on the year and only 4 after February.

He did catch 53 games in 2023, but only hit .278. Then this year, moving to a 2/3 DH role he hit .402. Don't know if correlation is causation or not.
bslater07
AG
We have just as much or more momentum with Loss gone. We've done more since he left than he has accomplished in hobo town. It's almost as if nobody really cares that he's gone...
BoerneGator
AG
Who does?
RED AG 98
AG
I 100% believe if Zane hadn't asked the question that this week looks nothing like how it's turned out. I thought it was poor timing but I was absolutely wrong. An absolutely wild turn of events.

How the turns table.gif
AgBQ-00
AG
credit i is smart on premium

You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
bslater07
AG
BoerneGator said:

Who does?
Nobody.
RED AG 98
AG
Uhhh who has the deets here?

AgBQ-00
AG
new LB recruit we just picked up from Cali
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
12thMan9
AG
Sean98 said:

Grant is highly likely to go pro. ...and he was mostly a DH, only caught a little and didn't catch at all down the stretch. Don't know if he was battling an injury, or just more of a backup behind the plate. He only caught 11 games on the year and only 4 after February.

He did catch 53 games in 2023, but only hit .278. Then this year, moving to a 2/3 DH role he hit .402. Don't know if correlation is causation or not.
From 247:

More than two dozen players at Campbell University have entered college baseball's transfer portal since the end of the season, many of whom having done so in the last few days since the departure of longtime head coach Justin Haire to Ohio State.

At least 14 players are leaving, many of which announced last week on social media with the following message: "Due to the recent coaching changes at Campbell University, I have decided to enter the transfer portal" along with their remaining years of eligibility and personal contact information. Catcher Grant Knipp is arguably the biggest casualty after he was named All-CAA first team this season and despite only starting 29 games, finished with a .402 average with 18 home runs, 46 RBI and 27 walks.
Ronnie '88
The Marksman
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

credit i is smart on premium

It's beautiful
Sean98
AG
I'm well aware of the situation at Campbell. Still doesn't change what I said I don't think.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I regret that I only have 1 blue star to give
Sean98
AG
DGrimesAg92
RED AG 98 said:

He played OF, SS and even C in HS. We'll see what happens; Schloss mentioned 3B being a good spot for him and I've heard the same from others.

**** schloss!!
DGrimesAg92
BoerneGator said:

Agree Kent must be a starter next season, or he will leave. There's no doubt Schloss is well aware of same. Not enough praise can be heaped upon the shoulders of Jackson Appel for the impact that lad has had upon this team's success! MVP type…

**** schloss!!
Fat Black Swan
AG
LSU freshman SS in the portal…

AgLA06
AG

1991sir
Will that move the needle for Kent?
An L of an Ag
AG
Taking the L'ville SS would give us 3 Gavin's. Just sayin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.