*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

207,459 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by jkag89
Detective Jake Peralta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1B with a 37 career HR and a .303/.420/.566 slash.

Let's go.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
PhatMack, as the starter of the *****Official***** thread, it is your duty to update the OP with additions/losses.

I don't make the rules.
themissinglink
AG
6'4" 250

18 HRs; average dipped to 0.287 this year, down from .363 in 2023
RED AG 98
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

1B with a 37 career HR and a .303/.420/.566 slash.

Let's go.
The Kid from Penn (Wyatt Henseler), can absolutely rake. He's been 3B for them but early rumor was that he was likely to get a shot at 1B here, with GG having claimed the hot corner for the next 2 years.

2024 slash:
.360 / .465 / .755 with 22 bombs

career slash (4 years, 3 as starter with significant PT):
.354 / .445 / .690 with 54 bombs

Assuming he makes it to campus, no doubt in my mind that Wyatt will be in the everyday lineup. Only question is where and at what position.
RED AG 98
AG
yeah, at that size the "INF" label to me is intriguing. He's 1B all the way in my mind; no way he can play in the middle but maybe 3B in a pinch?
BucketofBalls99
A lot of these names thrown around that are now in the portal are guys with great stats. However they are from small schools. So having those #s against their conference and non-conf schedule/talent, is fine, but could equate way different against the talent of an SEC schedule grind.

To me, the hardest thing for Schloss and his coaches will be to sort through and see who have the attributes to make the transition to go against the SEC gauntlet of arms and play the SEC level of defense. That way, a guy from a smaller school who hit 20+ dingers or has an .350 avg, will still look good in the SEC, rather than getting him here and all of a sudden he just hits like 7-8 dingers or maybe just has a .240 avg
themissinglink
AG
I would imagine they keep GG at 3B. Coach made a comment during the season that we have a 3B committed, but we already have a 3B. Hennseler's fielding numbers are better, but this was Gavin's first year at 3B so would expect improvements. My guess is they move Hennseler to either OF or DH (or maybe try 1B if Binderup and the Fairfield kid isn't producing).
themissinglink
AG
Completely agree. The additions of Appel, Schott, and Burton this year give me confidence our staff is doing the right kind of scouting to make sure these kids can play in the SEC.
Fairview20
AG
True, but whether it be through superior scouting, development or both, this has not seemed to be an issue with transfers under Schloss. Most of them end up having better stats even against much stiffer pitching. Hope this trend continues and I have full confidence it will.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
I really hope Henseler makes it here...but the draft is a real risk.

Now we have a back up plan that can also DH.
Wicked Good Ag
BucketofBalls99 said:

A lot of these names thrown around that are now in the portal are guys with great stats. However they are from small schools. So having those #s against their conference and non-conf schedule/talent, is fine, but could equate way different against the talent of an SEC schedule grind.

To me, the hardest thing for Schloss and his coaches will be to sort through and see who have the attributes to make the transition to go against the SEC gauntlet of arms and play the SEC level of defense. That way, a guy from a smaller school who hit 20+ dingers or has an .350 avg, will still look good in the SEC, rather than getting him here and all of a sudden he just hits like 7-8 dingers or maybe just has a .240 avg

Appel says Hi. So does Schott
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Hop said:

W said:

one thing to keep in mind I suppose in this new NIL era...

any returning player for 2025 is going to be, um, due a raise since the Ags had a great season

and for some of the returning players -- who likewise had a great season -- the raise could be substantial

(of course some NIL will be freed up by players going to the draft)

I think guys like Grahovac, Laviolette, and maybe a Camarillo May get some big bidders.

That's against NCAA rules unless they are in the portal…..

Oh the naivety in some...
Either I will find a way or I will make one.
BucketofBalls99
Super stoked that those guys say 'hi'. Tell them a big 'howdy!' back for me next time you see them

I'm well aware of the transfers already here. Wasn't talking about them. This thread is about the portal that just now opened up and I was talking about "A lot of the names" already mentioned. Not all of them……that's why I said 'a lot'

Coach and his staff have done a wonderful job thus far while here, and no reason to doubt them this year.

Just saying this is probably their hardest challenge, is to sort through and see if their stats/talents are apples to apples, as far as jumping from their smaller conference over to the SEC gauntlet.
RED AG 98
AG
Yes, this is what I was basing my comments on. That and some tea leaves from Brauny which were I think on a public video...
RED AG 98
AG
Coach Schloss and Co. have absolutely killed it in the portal for 3 years. There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO reason to doubt their evaluations at this point. I'm not saying they have all been hits or that they will all be hits, but the instant impact folks he has brought in every year is to me 100% without comparison on the A&M campus.

The list goes on and on and on and I'm probably forgetting folks but Claunch, Palisch, Moss, Rock, Haas, Bmont, Appel, Schott, Teddy, Stewart, Badmaev, Peery -- the hit rate is astronomical in terms of impact. Absurd.
TarponChaser
BucketofBalls99 said:

Super stoked that those guys say 'hi'. Tell them a big 'howdy!' back for me next time you see them

I'm well aware of the transfers already here. Wasn't talking about them. This thread is about the portal that just now opened up and I was talking about "A lot of the names" already mentioned. Not all of them……that's why I said 'a lot'

Coach and his staff have done a wonderful job thus far while here, and no reason to doubt them this year.

Just saying this is probably their hardest challenge, is to sort through and see if their stats/talents are apples to apples, as far as jumping from their smaller conference over to the SEC gauntlet.

The jump from a mid-major to the SEC is a whole lot shorter than it is from HS.
Sean98
AG
GOT HEEEM
RED AG 98
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

I really hope Henseler makes it here...but the draft is a real risk.

Now we have a back up plan that can also DH.
Brauny nugs on premium from an hour ago
RED AG 98
AG
what do you mean? He's in there (now)!

thanks, I went around the horn and missed him because DH of late... good catch.
you moran
AG
Camarillo. Schloss loves a good SS.
RED AG 98
AG
Also this. Like I said, just absurd hit rate.
Sean98
AG
some interesting additions today: (this are just my random selections)

• Brennyn Cutts (JR), RHP Indiana St. 7-1, 3.86 ERA, .219 BAA
  • Sam Dutton (JR), RHP, LSU. 0-2, 5.86ERA
  • Trey Newmann (FR), RHP, Cal. 4-6, 6.13 ERA, .236BAA
  • Ryan Free (SR), LHP, Texas Tech. 6-2, 6.36 ERA, .299 BAA
  • CJ Williams (SR) RHP, Fla. Atlantic. 5-5, 4.04 ERA, .244 BAA
Fairview20
AG

That was quick. Good pick up for LSU.
LB12Diamond
AG
you moran said:

Camarillo. Schloss loves a good SS.

Everyone loves a good SS!
Thisguy1
Not transfer portal, but Henseler is opting out of the draft and coming to A&M.
LB12Diamond
AG
Was he a risk at one time?
Thisguy1
He was making it interesting after the year he had.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
BOOM! SCHLOSS/CAIN FROM THE TOP ROPE!

LB12Diamond
AG
Ahh, the Ivy League guy. So actually he was from the portal and not HS. Thats a good look. Shows they think they can improve their stock by coming to A&M!
themissinglink
AG
It's hard to believe our line up can get better next year but by the looks of it...
BLSmith04
AG
Sorry if this is obvious, but how is this not transfer portal? Henseler is transferring here from Penn, right?
Thisguy1
He is, I just meant it wasn't a new commitment.
you moran
AG
He's a portal. And a good one.
Scotty Appleton
Did Indiana St lose coaches? Looks like 3 major contributors they are losing so far.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
HC left for South Florida

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.