*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

207,460 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by jkag89
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Build It said:

Detective Jake Peralta said:

I could be wrong...but I think only Appel and Schott have that option due to coming from the Ivy League. From what I understand, they were not allowed to use that Covid year while at Penn/Columbia and still have that available.

I'd expect Appel to get drafted around the 10th round and probably sign. Schott I'm not sure on.

10th round money is 175k at best. Couldn't we get him more NIL money to stay?

Yes. It's a real possibility.
Rest in peace, Stemp
PhatMack19
AG

KT 90
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm mainly worried about losing Kent. He should be a starter next year and he's been so beneficial this year.

Kent will be starting somewhere next year, whether it is Texas A&M or elsewhere. He's waited in the wings and will be looking for playing time. Probably money too, but he has an MLB dad so maybe money isn't as much of an issue.
KT 90
AG
Hop said:

Build It said:

Detective Jake Peralta said:

I could be wrong...but I think only Appel and Schott have that option due to coming from the Ivy League. From what I understand, they were not allowed to use that Covid year while at Penn/Columbia and still have that available.

I'd expect Appel to get drafted around the 10th round and probably sign. Schott I'm not sure on.

10th round money is 175k at best. Couldn't we get him more NIL money to stay?

Yes. It's a real possibility.

This would be incredible if we can pull that off.

BoerneGator
AG
Agree Kent must be a starter next season, or he will leave. There's no doubt Schloss is well aware of same. Not enough praise can be heaped upon the shoulders of Jackson Appel for the impact that lad has had upon this team's success! MVP type…
Sean98
AG
Likely some very real conversations being had with our current roster and committed transfers about where they're likely to go in the draft, what their future plans are, etc. If you see us chase someone like E-rat that might tell you what Hensler is thinking. ...or maybe it just tells you that Gavin may move to RF, Hensler to 3B and we still need a 1B. Or maybe it tells you nothing, I don't know I'm just rambling.
W
AG
one thing to keep in mind I suppose in this new NIL era...

any returning player for 2025 is going to be, um, due a raise since the Ags had a great season

and for some of the returning players -- who likewise had a great season -- the raise could be substantial

(of course some NIL will be freed up by players going to the draft)
Hop
Staff
AG
W said:

any returning player for 2025 is going to be, um, due a raise since the Ags had a great season

and for some of the returning players -- who likewise had a great season -- the raise could be substantial

The market value of players isn't based on team success. It's based on what other schools are willing to pay. So A&M won't have to pay extras across the board because they won a natty. It will be rhe established value of each individual player and the schools coming after him.

I think guys like Grahovac, Laviolette, and maybe a Camarillo May get some big bidders. Also, somebody like Kent will have a decision to make…but I only see a couple of targets that A&M will have to work to keep…if they want to keep them. Remember, A&M is bringing in a lot of talented freshmen and they will be big players in the pitcher transfer portal. So A&M will surely lose guys who are borderline starters looking for a situation where they have a better chance to start.
Rest in peace, Stemp
PhatMack19
AG

Sean98
Sean98
AG
I haven't had a chance to look at their individual metrics, but lots of big name program players hitting the portal today. ECU, Indiana, UNC-Wilmington, San Diego, Coastal, MSState, etc. Could get real interesting.

You could spend forever looking at the portal names. I'm glad KR does much of this for us... But a couple that intrigue me from today.

Grant Garza, Tarleton, 10-1 record, 3.61 ERA
Tommy LaPour, 6-2, 4.61 ERA
Sean98
AG
Bristol Carter in the portal now as well for ECU. Freshman outfielder that hit .346 over 159 ABs. 2 HRs, 7 2Bs, 1 3B. Good speed overall. Not sure he'd be a target for us, but someone will get a nice OF piece.
OilAg01
AG
Sean98 said:

I haven't had a chance to look at their individual metrics, but lots of big name program players hitting the portal today. ECU, Indiana, UNC-Wilmington, San Diego, Coastal, MSState, etc. Could get real interesting.

You could spend forever looking at the portal names. I'm glad KR does much of this for us... But a couple that intrigue me from today.

I know Grant's dad well. His dad and I talk regularly and he said Grant doesn't have any eligibility left but could play NAIA.
TarponChaser
OilAg01 said:

Sean98 said:

I know Grant's dad well. His dad and I talk regularly and he said Grant doesn't have any eligibility left but could play NAIA.

I've seen a number of guys tweet about entering the portal who don't have NCAA eligibility left but can play NAIA. Any idea how/why that works?
Fairview20
AG
Will be interesting to see what Schloss does if Camarillo goes pro. You'd need to replace your 2 middle IF, but have Bell and Kent seemingly there to do it. Considering his track record with position players in the portal thus far, I think it would speak worlds of those 2 if we didn't try and pick up a portal SS or 2B. I know he speaks very highly of Bell every time he gets a chance.

Sanford is also an option at SS if he makes it to campus, but I am not familiar enough with him to know if he'd be ready to be a starter next year or not.
OilAg01
AG
Have no clue, honestly.

His dad is huge college baseball fan. He'll call me just to talk about games. Ask if i went, etc.
PhatMack19
AG
Huge arm but wild

Sean98
AG
Other notable entrants

* Parker Stinson (SR) RF, Indiana State. .295, 15 HR, 51 RBI
* Jack Martinez (JR) RHP, Louisiana. 4-3, 4.4 ERA, 45IP, 50K
* Brian Curley (SO) RHP, VCU. 6-0, 2.87 ERA, 78IP, 78K
* Rocco Peppi (JR) LF, Fresno. .327, 14 HR, 56 RBI
merc
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Huge arm but wild

He needs a Max Weiner in his life.
TarponChaser
merc said:

PhatMack19 said:

Huge arm but wild

Do the SEC transfer rules apply to baseball too? Because, IIRC, you have to sit out a year in the conference unless you're a grad transfer.
LB12Diamond
AG
You can actually transfer after the football season to another SEC school and not sit out.

You only have to sit out if you transfer after spring ball.
Sean98
AG
merc said:

PhatMack19 said:

Huge arm but wild

I really want to say, "didn't we all?" But I didn't want to have to answer the questions that will inevitably bring.
LB12Diamond
AG
"Not that there's anything wrong with that"
trouble
AG
Want me to say it instead?
jjksterag
No
txsag12
PhatMack19
AG
Can we grab an arm or 2 for next weekend?
PhatMack19
AG
Hop said:

W said:

I think guys like Grahovac, Laviolette, and maybe a Camarillo May get some big bidders.

That's against NCAA rules unless they are in the portal…..
Hop
Staff
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Hop said:

W said:

I think guys like Grahovac, Laviolette, and maybe a Camarillo May get some big bidders.

In the pre-NIL days, brown bags of cash were also illegal. It didn't mean there weren't brown bags finding elite players.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Hop said:

PhatMack19 said:

Hop said:

W said:

In the pre-NIL days, brown bags of cash were also illegal. It didn't mean there weren't brown bags finding elite players.

I believe our NIL game is up there with the best of them
secAg_098
He should be a starter next year.
Fairview20
AG
trouble
AG
Choo Choo
The Marksman
AG
Fairview20 said:

https://fairfieldstags.com/sports/baseball/roster/matt-bergevin/6688
Very solid stats, appears to be a good addition
RED AG 98
AG
Interesting, Bergevin is a 1B all the way to me at 6' 4" 250 lbs. A little comp for Penn guy, possible DH, or even maybe there are thoughts of GG sliding to OF next year. Interesting pickup indeed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.