*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

207,452 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by jkag89
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Are we thinking we didn't pursue there because of Kent?

Kent is our SS, we didn't need this guy
BoerneGator
AG
Did Kent get to play SS this summer?
Sean98
AG
He played both SS and 2B. SS primaryfrom what I could tell, but his All-Star selection was at 2B. I think that was mostly due to there being multiple elite SS in the Cape.
AggieBB
AG
The Marksman said:

Reading up on this kid, he's one of the top recruits in Texas and was formerly committed to Tennessee. Huge get for Earley.
I've watched him since he was a fish. Kid is a STUD! Committed to TN as a fish. He's gonna be a great one in college.
Sean98
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Are we thinking we didn't pursue there because of Kent?
Kent and incoming freshman
BoerneGator
AG
Is it the consensus that Kent emerges as the SS next season. Who else is in the running? An incoming freshman? Any transfers?
you moran
AG
I'm expecting Kent to start at SS.

Ben Royo is an experienced transfer SS from Rice. Good fish year - .261 ba, 13 HR, 40 RBI, .957 fld%, All CUSA fish team and homered against A&M (took over at SS early in the season and played 45 games there). Terrible soph year at the plate and fell off overall; played only 15 games.

Sawyer Farr, a highly regarded SS prospect (ranked inside the top 100 for mlb prospects before the draft), will be an incoming fish. One of the big 3 SS prospects from the state of Texas (other 2 including our commit Sanford signed pro). MLB prospect write up compared him to Braden Shewmake. Listed at 6'5, 195. All around good prospect (hit and field). Getting him to campus is a big get.

Outside of that, not sure off the top of my head.
BoerneGator
AG
Sounds like we have good depth at the position. I expect Kent will continue to be clutch at the plate, with increasing power numbers as he matures. Thanks for the update.
you moran
AG
Speaking of Sawyer Farr. How about this bat flip...

Sean98
AG
I'll find a way to deal with it when he's doing it for us but I'm an old fart and not a fan of that.

(I don't know the situation in the game or prior team interactions, etc to be fair)
WES2006AG
AG
Sean98 said:

I'll find a way to deal with it when he's doing it for us but I'm an old fart and not a fan of that.

(I don't know the situation in the game or prior team interactions, etc to be fair)
That bat flip from the first video could have been an ejection, especially if the opposing team were in the 1st base dugout.
TarponChaser
Sean98 said:

Unless it's a game-winning shot in a really big game that's the kind of stuff that merits some chin music.
trouble
AG
He doesn't do it in the second video.
HoustonAg2106
AG
WES2006AG said:

Sean98 said:

That bat flip from the first video could have been an ejection, especially if the opposing team were in the 1st base dugout.

I recall a similar bat flip from Dylan Rock with TCU in the first base dugout
jmcfar_98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

WES2006AG said:

Sean98 said:

I recall a similar bat flip from Dylan Rock with TCU in the first base dugout

HoustonAg2106
AG
Good times
Sean98
AG
30yrs ago Sean doesn't care about the 2nd one. But the first one? ...if his Mom/sister/grandma is in the stands she's getting hit with the next pitch.
trouble
AG
That's just because you had no control.
you moran
AG
Sean98 said:

30yrs ago Sean doesn't care about the 2nd one. But the first one? ...if his Mom/sister/grandma is in the stands she's getting hit with the next pitch.

Lol. Yeah, I hear ya. "Back in my day"...somebody's getting "earholed". Even your grandma's head would've been on a swivel after that cause everyone knew it was gonna happen. Your sister would've been ready for the bench clear. Even without the prodigious bat flip, young Mr. Farr's first couple of steps would've been enough. Today though.. mean tweet. The wild west days are gone buddy. Mostly. Haha.

Nevertheless, great height and distance. Definitely reminded me of Dylan Rock. Just need to reign him in a bit and have him stick to the big moment Kaeden Kent ninja bat flip. I have a feeling Farr is going to have his share of big moments. Very talented kid.
TarponChaser
Sean98 said:

My older one was pitching this spring vs a team that's known for being obnoxious and his team was winning. Any time we got a runner on 2nd the SS for the other team would come up behind our base runners, kick dirt on them, and pull the back of their jerseys so they were untucked. Our coach made an issue of it and the other teams parents & coaches were obnoxious about it and the umps didn't do anything.

So the next time that kid came up to hit my boy, without being told buried an upper-70s fastball in his ribs. This was 14U.

Personally, I'm kind of proud he's got that kind of dawg in him to do that.
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

That's just because you had no control.
Thankfully Coach Lawler didn't agree with you.
greg.w.h
AG
Sometimes being viewed as "wild" is an advantage?!?
trouble
AG
I notice you didn't say I was wrong.
Sean98
AG
Control wasn't my issue(s) but any further talk will have me drinking brown liquid too early on a Sunday as I contemplate my failed baseball career...

So on to the next topic: them Lamar Cards...

Sean98
AG
Any word on Braunys Choo choo tweet from last night?
Thisguy1
The lefty from Johnson City
BiochemAg97
AG

Sean98
AG
LSUs freshman SS that Portaled has announced his destination

greg.w.h
AG
So he chose to live on an island in Bog Ten? https://nusports.com/sports/baseball/schedule
AgBQ-00
AG
That has to be an academic choice. No way he goes from SEC to B1G, LSU to NW for baseball purposes
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
P.U.T.U
AG
Academics wise he went to a polar opposite school
Sean98
AG
Didn't know we exactly where to pay this, but here seems as good as any... a peek at the new Cal Baptist locker room.

TarponChaser
Sean98 said:

Didn't know we exactly where to pay this, but here seems as good as any... a peek at the new Cal Baptist locker room.

Raise your hand if you've ever heard of Cal Baptist…

…yeah, me neither.
jkag89

Only because of the scoreboard threads I compile and either Sam or TxSt. plays or has played in the same conference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.