*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

131,377 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mullokmotx said:

Looks like we got a commitment from Mya Perez from Norco California. Looks like she is a senior in high school.
She was previously an Arizona St. commit.
hipnix
Herzog in the transfer portal
Belton Ag
AG
hipnix said:

Lol
KBAGOLFER
Belton Ag said:

hipnix said:

Lol

Tech
KayakBassAngling
hipnix
KBAGOLFER said:

Belton Ag said:

hipnix said:

Lol

Tech
UCSB
KBAGOLFER
hipnix said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Belton Ag said:

hipnix said:

Lol

Tech
UCSB

UTA
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
Tech
AgDad77
AG
Tech
SeenNotHeard
AG
She officially announced Tech on her IG.
CajunAggie
AG
Followed Snider to Lubbock....
KBAGOLFER
No shock, but interesting she followed him again, I guess ou didn't need her
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
Wow, I really don't like Snider, Dill, and Evans even a freaking little bit now, and if you've got daughters looking to play for them, well, review your options
KayakBassAngling
agcrock2005
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Wow, I really don't like Snider, Dill, and Evans even a freaking little bit now, and if you've got daughters looking to play for them, well, review your options
Care to elaborate, or should we just start googling?
Belton Ag
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

?
KBAGOLFER
Let's just say they were prepared to leave. and I have to leave it at that.

Coach Childress is an outstanding person vs the way the softball staff did it
KayakBassAngling
Belton Ag
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Let's just say they were prepared to leave. and I have to leave it at that.

Coach Childress is an outstanding person vs the way the softball staff did it

Let's not leave it at that. Just tell us, did they encourage these players to transfer out?

I mean it's not like it matters for us to know at this point.
Colt98
AG
Not really knowing too much, I can say that none of the 2 big girls that left were encouraged to leave. So have no idea what golfer is talking about. Lee is going to get a chance to compete for a NC her last year, and has been killing it up in Norman. Mack is going to get paid to follow a coach and help him get his legacy at tech started. It's not new news that the tech players are getting a solid 5 figures. That's public knowledge. I would like golfer to expand on what the heck he is talking about though.
AgDad77
AG
All I can say is WOW!
Not sure if I should laugh or cry for you?

LoL

TxA&Mhunter
AG
I suspect he's talking about the supposed attempt to poison the well with the whole team before they left…
KBAGOLFER
If you think we look anything like the last couple of years, lol. Ask uofh who hit their best hitter 6x in 8 innings as we opened up a can, and shut them out

Oh and last night, live and in person not on livestream, the Guthrie effect was in full order with Koko, Ke, and Harper, and much, much, more

Texas State was playing for the WCWS, we were playing a fall exhibition game, and absolutely crushed their fans, they wanted to win so badly

It's not all going to be perfect but it's about to be Bob Brock real in year 2, and if some players go all in this year, we'll we might have something, see y'all in FL
KayakBassAngling
Ag4eva95
Can you translate this to something more comprehensible?
KBAGOLFER
Our defense is not just well coached but well positioned, again Trin, Rylen, Amari, KoKo, and the 1st true CF we've had since fort, and depth at corners and catcher. Also to note we are potentially missing 1 starter that had to sit out the fall off ok st wcws team

The staff that led a top 5 ranked in the Nation in Homers per Game, is bringing that to A&M, hit 3 in very windy cold conditions

The staff that was top 5 in the nation in On-Base-Percentage is bringing that to A&M, as well.

To summarize for all, see you next year
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
Golfer, what select program are you attached to? Was curious bc you said you would be around San Marcos this weekend at bombers exposure? I'm assuming Bombers…And thanks for the recap of yesterdays fall game.
KBAGOLFER
Colt98 said:

Golfer, what select program are you attached to? Was curious bc you said you would be around San Marcos this weekend at bombers exposure? I'm assuming Bombers…And thanks for the recap of yesterdays fall game.

Not associated with any of them, just know them all from being in the game since around 2003, but retired now but still have a lot of people I can reach out to. You meet a lot of people, coaches, recruits, families, and what not from being around that long. I love A&M, dad went to A&M and Bob Brock was a mentor to me when I first started
KayakBassAngling
greg.w.h
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Colt98 said:

Not associated with any of them, just know them all from being in the game since around 2003, but retired now but still have a lot of people I can reach out to. You meet a lot of people, coaches, recruits, families, and what not from being around that long. I love A&M, dad went to A&M and Bob Brock was a mentor to me when I first started
You said Bob Brock…it's all good now!!!
RGV AG
AG
At the showcase right now, really well attended by both teams and coaches from all across the country. We are in San Marcos, but some games are being played at SWT's field, some in Seguin and also in Dripping Springs. Thr 14U stuff is being done in Dripping Springs and that is where I understand the Aggie coaches are. And really that is where they will likely get more bang for their buck.

The Hotshot exposure last weekend was very good as well, smaller but with some tough ass teams. The pitching there was thr toughest my daughter had ever seen, according to her.

In passing some of the travel coaches were saying that it was refreshing to ser A&M back around and with a presence at these events.

The thing that always jumps out to me, as a dad and spectator, is the speed, from 1 to 10, that the California, Arizona, and Colorado teams have. It is just impressive. I hope Ford brings that to the Ags.
GarryowenAg
AG
Wrong thread.
KBAGOLFER
RGV AG said:

At the showcase right now, really well attended by both teams and coaches from all across the country. We are in San Marcos, but some games are being played at SWT's field, some in Seguin and also in Dripping Springs. Thr 14U stuff is being done in Dripping Springs and that is where I understand the Aggie coaches are. And really that is where they will likely get more bang for their buck.

The Hotshot exposure last weekend was very good as well, smaller but with some tough ass teams. The pitching there was thr toughest my daughter had ever seen, according to her.

In passing some of the travel coaches were saying that it was refreshing to ser A&M back around and with a presence at these events.

The thing that always jumps out to me, as a dad and spectator, is the speed, from 1 to 10, that the California, Arizona, and Colorado teams have. It is just impressive. I hope Ford brings that to the Ags.

It's coming and it will show HUGE in 24' but if you didn't see them on Friday night, Evans left quite a few athletes and ford has stacked more on top, to make a very nice athletic team

That has a TON OF POWER, KoKo has absolutely added SERIOUS pop
KayakBassAngling
mjschiller
AG
RGV AG - thanks for the info.. Hope we are able to capitalize on the West coast talent. KBAGOLFER, - in what ways are we going to have with more "pop" if half the squad is last years players?
KBAGOLFER
mjschiller said:

RGV AG - thanks for the info.. Hope we are able to capitalize on the West coast talent. KBAGOLFER, - in what ways are we going to have with more "pop" if half the squad is last years players?

Not to be snarky but Development and having a top 5 hitting coach will do it, They hit 2 out on Friday and Mayce was only returner to hit one. Allie the transfer from AZ Wildcats absolutely smoked one, she's got unreal power, as well as the CSHS Freshman. This team is going to hit

Names to Watc that didn't play last year for A&M
Ke
Cottrill
Bre Warren
Amari

As well as a couple of others
KayakBassAngling
RGV AG
AG
Last week Dave Mercado ran our teams practice and as the girls were warming up and such the Texas coaches were introducing him around and folks were small talking. They were talking about the that weeks, which was last week's Bomber showcase, and talking about all the schools that were going to be there.

Kinda gruff and hard guy really, can't really say he made me feel all wonderful about paying him a few hundy plus every month. But the guy knows softball.

Mercado said A&M would be quick to be competitive with the new coach as he said she was a hell of a recruiter and had a ton of drive, "tough lady" is what I remember him saying. He also said that with White at the sips and Ford at A&M softball was going be a lot more interesting in Texas.

Ford has a west coast pedigree, and to me that style of and speed of softball wins a ton of games. I hope she brings it to A&M. Ever since watching softball seriously I have always been impressed by the CA and west coast teams, at all levels.
Colt98
AG
Never cared for Mercado, he really likes himself. But he does put out studs year after year. It always seemed that his team played cleats up looking for contact. We beat Stith, Marty, and other great Cali teams. We never beat his team, so maybe that is why I dont care for him to much.
mjschiller
AG
KBAGOLFER - thanks for the info. Look forward to what our young ladies will produce.
greg.w.h
AG
Ford's west coast experience is certainly a potential game changer. But usually you also have to recruit out of especially Southern California feeder schools to truly take advantage of what distinguishes the area including year round fast pitch at all age levels both men and women. Was in the equivalent of a C league with our church and faced some truly amazing pitchers. And played with one that taught me quite a bit (Also managed this particular team.) It surges up from the year-round outdoor culture.
RGV AG
AG
Texas basically plays year round as well, at least in lower half of the state. Lotta teams from the north part will play down where it is warmer as well, but hell they try up there no matter what.

I had a conversation with a college coach of a D1 school a few years ago, his position was that the west coast girls were more athletic than the Texas girls and girls from south east as well. Many of the athletic girls in TX focus on volleyball and basketball to stay out of the heat (my wife reminds me of this about 15 times a tournament from April through October) and girls that might not be as fast and tall tend to go towards SB. He also said Texas girls were heavier, which is the damn truth.

What he did say is that given the physical make up, there are more top pitchers coming out Texas and South East than ever before and I believe him. Bigger, more powerful girls.

In another conversation with a coach of a Colorado team that was incredibly good he relayed that he felt Texas teams played too much as they could play year round. His girls, and he had placed a bunch in D1, basically were off the field 4 months a year and he said in that time it was spent working out, hitting, doing more hitting, and getting physically prepared. I believe this big time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.