*****2022 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

116,221 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by goose91
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Him and coach early
I don't know what this means
powerbelly
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

ftworthag02 said:

Him and coach early
I don't know what this means
Both Coach Cain and Coach Earley are hot commodities in coaching.
trouble
AG
He's talking about our hitting coach Michael Earley.
Chrundle the Great
AG
You're right, I need to stop pretending I can remember anything w/o googling lol.

It was the UH game I was impressed with him in
ftworthag02
AG
Correct. Damn autocorrect
goose91
AG
Added the following to the transfer list per 247 article

• LHP Jonathan Childress - per 247 article
  • RHP Walker Zander - per 247 article
  • RHP Alex Magers - per 247 article

247 Article
thegoodolag15
AG
Childress just never really recovered his stuff post-TJ. He was a highly regarded prospect but it looks like it will take a miracle for him to get back there.
EMY92
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I agree he struggled at the plate, but he would probably be a 2 year starter as a junior if he hadn't gotten hurt.

He and Curtis are the only two that have surprised me so far.
I don't know, he may have been forced to the bench if the bat didn't come around. It happened to Britt.

It's hard to keep someone in the lineup when they strike out 55% of the time.
tjack16
AG
Only ones so far that are a surprise are Curtis and Kalae.

Kalae not as much just because his offense is a liability and we got a new incoming transfer that can play SS. But I figured he had a decent shot at starting.

I think Britt might be another name we see pop up.
twk
AG
tjack16 said:

Kalae not as much just because his offense is a liability and we got a new incoming transfer that can play SS. But I figured he had a decent shot at starting.

I'm not surprised by Harrison. Maybe he turns it around, but he doesn't seem destined to hit enough to stay in the lineup when you have other options that offer significantly more production.

On Curtis, if he's determined to get himself in position for the draft next year, he may have wanted better odds of getting on the mound. There will be lots of competition here in the Fall, and no one will be guaranteed anything.
Hop
Staff
AG
twk said:

tjack16 said:

I'm not surprised by Harrison. Maybe he turns it around, but he doesn't seem destined to hit enough to stay in the lineup when you have other options that offer significantly more production.

On Curtis, if he's determined to get himself in position for the draft next year, he may have wanted better odds of getting on the mound. There will be lots of competition here in the Fall, and no one will be guaranteed anything.

I agree w/ you. I know it's natural for some folks to look at veterans that played previously and think they are the best option next year. This program is on a different trajectory than it was a year ago. A coach can deal with a SS that hits .245 and draws some walks (like Kahler) if he has a good glove. But you simply can't put a .200 hitter with a 50% strikeout rate in the lineup.

Overall, this staff will upgrade at almost every position because the A&M program is now perceived differently by players than it was in recent years.

I'm sure the staff had a frank conversation with Curtis that they were bringing in a lot of new arms and his playing time going forward was in question.
Agbully
Aggie09Derek
AG
Agree Kahler's ability to get walks was very cluth this year. For being not a good hitter, his OBP was still very solid.
Agbully
I was told Curtis is ahead of schedule in his recovery and a full recovery is expected before next year. I seriously doubt his transferring to Arizona State had anything to do with incoming competition. Pitchers who can throw upper 90's when healthy usually don't run from competition. Only Curtis can answer why he left but it is fun to guess. It could be nothing more than a change of scenery. I think we are getting some of those type players ourselves. If Curtis does come back all the way then Arizona State got a steal. Period. The best of luck to Curtis.

Our biggest need next year is catcher. Defensive minded a must. Offensive minded a plus. Good framer imperative.
twk
AG
Agbully said:

I was told Curtis is ahead of schedule in his recovery and a full recovery is expected before next year. I seriously doubt his transferring to Arizona State had anything to do with incoming competition. Pitchers who can throw upper 90's when healthy usually don't run from competition. Only Curtis can answer why he left but it is fun to guess. It could be nothing more than a change of scenery. I think we are getting some of those type players ourselves. If Curtis does come back all the way then Arizona State got a steal. Period. The best of luck to Curtis.

Our biggest need next year is catcher. Defensive minded a must. Offensive minded a plus. Good framer imperative.

The elimination of transfer restrictions has changed the landscape. If Curtis were not draft eligible next year, perhaps he rides it out, but, if he's looking to impress scouts next year, he needs to play, and there will be a ton of competition at A&M next year--probably more than at ASU. You are seeing a lot of moves like this now, across the sport, where guys are going wherever they think they have the best chance of playing. It's more acute for the position players, but it's happening on the mound as well.
85AustinAg
AG
Khristian Curtis surprises me. Thought he was developing into a quality pitcher. I guess it could mean we've got much better help on the way.
Hop
Staff
AG
Agbully said:

It had a lot to do with his transferring. Schlossnagle even acknowledged on TexAgs Radio he had to have some very difficult conversations with veteran players last week.

The staff already has six experienced transfer pitchers to go with a couple of JUCO transfers and 4-5 high school signees. That tells us the staff is clearly turning over the pitching and retaining only a few veteran pitchers…Dettmer, Cortez, Sexton, Hogan, Johnston. etc.
TAMU1990
AG
Hop said:

Agbully said:

It had a lot to do with his transferring. Schlossnagle even acknowledged on TexAgs Radio he had to have some very difficult conversations with veteran players last week.

The staff already has six experienced transfer pitchers to go with a couple of JUCO transfers and 4-5 high school signees. That tells us the staff is clearly turning over the pitching and retaining only a few veteran pitchers…Dettmer, Cortez, Sexton, Hogan, Johnston. etc.
I understand that the team has to have its roster set by July 1st. Could you let us know who remains after that date, which HS recruits are coming in, and all of the transfers coming in?
goodag78
I know him, and it had absolutely nothing to do with competition. Trust me.
etchasketch
AG
TAMU1990 said:

I understand that the team has to have its roster set by July 1st. Could you let us know who remains after that date, which HS recruits are coming in, and all of the transfers coming in?

I thought July 1st was the deadline to enter the portal. I don't think it's a final date for rosters.
TAMU1990
AG
etchasketch said:

TAMU1990 said:

I thought July 1st was the deadline to enter the portal. I don't think it's a final date for rosters.
I'm just wondering who is going to be here for the fall. I know the rosters will be cut down to 35 around Thanksgiving.
etchasketch
AG
TAMU1990 said:

etchasketch said:

TAMU1990 said:

I'm just wondering who is going to be here for the fall. I know the rosters will be cut down to 35 around Thanksgiving.

I got that. But, I don't think July 1 is the deadline to know who will be here for the fall. I think players have to be in the portal by July 1, but don't have to commit to a new school by July 1.
MR Gadsden
We won't really know anything for sure until after the draft.
1991sir
Do we think Moo comes back?
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Playing time?
ftworthag02
AG
Portal is closed!
AggieBB
AG
85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Playing time?

Increased competition typically results in less playing time. I think the poster that knows him just answered that question but not sure if that's true or not. Khristian is damn good though and I hate to lose him, so if we have better arms coming in, I'm good with that.
AggieBB
AG
1991sir said:

Absolutely
powerbelly
AG
AggieBB said:

1991sir said:

Absolutely

Ive seen reports that he will sign a pro contract and not return
dermdoc
AG
goodag78 said:

Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HossAg
AG
AggieBB said:

1991sir said:

Absolutely
Brauny said he won't return in premium
Sandman98
AG
etchasketch said:

TAMU1990 said:

July 1st is the deadline to renew or not renew scholarships as well.
etchasketch
AG
Sandman98 said:

etchasketch said:

TAMU1990 said:

July 1st is the deadline to renew or not renew scholarships as well.
What about extending scholarships to new players?
MrCoachEricTaylor
Hop said:

Agbully said:

Probably over reacting, but any reason why you did t mention Micah Dallas?
twk
AG
Dallas is probably going to sign a pro deal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.