*****2022 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

116,209 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by goose91
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://und.com/roster/jack-findlay/

2022 Freshman All-American (Collegiate Baseball Newspaper)
MadDog73
AG
Guessing he will transfer to Florida State.
agcrock2005
AG
MadDog73 said:

Why do you say that? I have no idea. Is there info out there that suggests FSU?
Mr.Ackar07
agcrock2005 said:

MadDog73 said:

If this isn't sarcasm, ND's head coach just became the FSU head coach.
rally-cap
AG
agcrock2005 said:

MadDog73 said:

His head coach at ND is now the FSU head coach...? Pretty typical thing these days.
twk
AG
agcrock2005 said:

MadDog73 said:

The ND coach, Link Jarrett, is the new head coach at FSU (his alma mater).
agcrock2005
AG
Well then that explains it. Didn't know that.
NICU Dad
AG
So do you think the Hunter Haas kid from ASU is the most likely candidate at SS then?
2020P.O.
Magers to Sam.
ensign_beedrill
AG
2020P.O. said:

Magers to Sam.
Always liked Magers. Sad to see him go. Hope he does well at Sam!
trouble
AG
Aloha to NC State
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfzuk8Brw2i/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
dermdoc
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

2020P.O. said:

Magers to Sam.

Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie09Derek
AG
His bro too?
trouble
AG
No clue. I don't follow his brother on the gram
Mr.Ackar07
trouble said:

No clue. I don't follow his brother on the gram

Brauny commented on premium that he does not think his brother will stay. Probably go a JC route or follow his brother.
2020P.O.
Not coming
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah def not A&M bound, just wasn't sure if NC State was an option for him as well.
jmac13
AG
Great post, would love to know more on this.
goose91
AG
2020P.O. said:

Magers to Sam.
Transfer listed update. Thansk.
goose91
AG
trouble said:

Aloha to NC State
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfzuk8Brw2i/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Updated. Thanks.
Fat Black Swan
AG

HossAg
AG
I cannot wait to have this dude in our infield
TarponChaser
Maybe it has been discussed and I missed it, but has there been any word on the normalization of eligibility changes that occurred due to covid? Any changing of the transfer portal??

Right now HS players in particular are getting hosed.
BBGigem
AG
TarponChaser said:

Maybe it has been discussed and I missed it, but has there been any word on the normalization of eligibility changes that occurred due to covid? Any changing of the transfer portal??

Right now HS players in particular are getting hosed.
The last class with a "Covid" year will be Covid juniors. So I guess you can say that in two more years those players will be out of eligibility unless they got a redshirt year as well. But that Covid extra year has been hosing kids for a few years now and probably will for at least 2 more years.

But I think we are seeing the transfer portal take front stage when it comes to affecting high school kids. At least at the elite level programs. It isn't so much the high school kid while in school but once they set foot on campus. You are seeing it again this year all across the country. A school can sign 10-15 freshmen players but after the season see only 4-5 contribute and expect to contribute in the future, the program is just cutting the rest loose. Then the program goes after a player not happy with his situation or just want to better his situation by being a stud at a "smaller" program and conference or whatever reason, and plug a more proven player in. The portal should really have a high school player evaluate his situation completely. There is definitely more pressure for a true freshman to show he belongs at that level quicker than probably ever before.
2020P.O.
…and even more Incoming Freshman getting the rug taken out from under them at the last minute - after being committed to the school for months or a year. Basically, a month or few weeks before showing up for school…."sorry, we no longer have room for you".

Heck, count our number of high school signees + juco commits + transfers + likely returning players. Going to be a lot more blood shed/tough conversations…similar to this years rumored nasty exit interviews.
BBGigem
AG
2020P.O. said:

…and even more Incoming Freshman getting the rug taken out from under them at the last minute - after being committed to the school for months or a year. Basically, a month or few weeks before showing up for school…."sorry, we no longer have room for you".

Heck, count our number of high school signees + juco commits + transfers + likely returning players. Going to be a lot more blood shed/tough conversations…similar to this years rumored nasty exit interviews.
Exactly. How did I forget about them? You are exactly right. The number of incoming freshman that signed this past fall won't be the same number that report this coming fall. That happened some in the past but not to the extent I think it is happening now.
phatty26
ensign_beedrill said:

2020P.O. said:

Magers to Sam.

Yes great kid and great Aggie family.
dermdoc
AG
phatty26 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

2020P.O. said:

Magers to Sam.

Yes great kid and great Aggie family.
Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Stracener to baylol

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf7adyaBInZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

etchasketch
AG
And, while I understand college sports and recruiting is a business, those signed incoming freshmen thought they had a plan and a direction. Their families committed to year long apartment leases at an expensive facility as required by the program, only to be cut the week prior to move-in in some instances. They are left scrambling not only for a place to play, but roommates and living arrangements. Hopefully their parents can get out of the lease since the kid is no longer going to that school - but a lease is a legally binding agreement, and most were signed in March. And, they're the lucky ones.

Those who make it to campus for the fall as freshmen, juco transfers, or portal transfers as well as those retained from the previous season are in jeopardy of being cut in November. What do those players do? Unless you're a freshmen or a player who doesn't have too many college hours logged, your baseball career is over. Some will have the option of juco at semester, but that isn't an option for everyone. And, again, the year long lease they committed to is still their responsibility AND they get to pay for a lease if they end up moving to a juco at semester.

The portal and coaches who bring in exorbitant numbers of players for the fall is definitely an issue.
12thMan9
AG
etchasketch said:

And, while I understand college sports and recruiting is a business, those signed incoming freshmen thought they had a plan and a direction. Their families committed to year long apartment leases at an expensive facility as required by the program, only to be cut the week prior to move-in in some instances. They are left scrambling not only for a place to play, but roommates and living arrangements. Hopefully their parents can get out of the lease since the kid is no longer going to that school - but a lease is a legally binding agreement, and most were signed in March. And, they're the lucky ones.

Those who make it to campus for the fall as freshmen, juco transfers, or portal transfers as well as those retained from the previous season are in jeopardy of being cut in November. What do those players do? Unless you're a freshmen or a player who doesn't have too many college hours logged, your baseball career is over. Some will have the option of juco at semester, but that isn't an option for everyone. And, again, the year long lease they committed to is still their responsibility AND they get to pay for a lease if they end up moving to a juco at semester.

The portal and coaches who bring in exorbitant numbers of players for the fall is definitely an issue.
Uhhh, you can't cut their funding if you cut them in November.

Looks like some need to educate themselves on how scholarships work.

https://athleticollege.com/8-ways-a-coach-can-take-away-your-athletic-scholarship/
Ronnie '88
etchasketch
AG
You may not be able to cut their funding, but if they want to continue to play they may not have a spot on the 27 man roster or get playing time. So, in order to do that, they need to go elsewhere. And, not all players are on scholarship. Some were offered spots as walkons.
aedarling
AG
Werner's comment
trouble
AG
The whole reason I included the screenshot
12thMan9
AG
etchasketch said:

You may not be able to cut their funding, but if they want to continue to play they may not have a spot on the 27 man roster or get playing time. So, in order to do that, they need to go elsewhere. And, not all players are on scholarship. Some were offered spots as walkons.
So what?
Ronnie '88

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.