*****2022 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

116,217 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by goose91
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies#1 said:

Not sure what to think of yet on losing this many top 10 freshman players from the state that entered the portal. We are potentially losing 5 of the top 10 ranked players from the 2021 Texas class…

2021 State of Texas Class Rankings per PBR
#1 Jordan Lawlar (Vandy) MLB 1st Round Draft Pick 6
#2 Issac Pacheco (A&M) MLB 2nd Round Draft Pick 39
#3 Rawley Hector (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#4 Ryan Johnson (Dallas Baptist] Signed and SP/RP, 3-2, 58 IP, 4.30 ERA
#5 Hagen Smith (Arkansas) Signed and SP/RP, Pitched against A&M in a Win, 6-2, 72 IP, 4.85 ERA
#6 Austin Stracener (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#7 Tyler Lee (was committed to A&M, don't know what happened to this guy…, did he get cut?)
#8 Hudson White (Texas Tech) Signed and Starting Catcher 215 AB, 6 HR, 35 RBI, .260 BA
#9 Ty Hodge (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#10 Will Rizzo (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL

Jack Hamilton was at #6 until he got hurt his senior year playing ball. NOW PORTAL

I did not put any stats next to the A&M players because they really didn't do anything. So why is it that Texas A&M is the only team that could not make a big splash with a Top 10 Texas Player? Hell we had 5 of them. Now in fairness, we did have a couple of Texas Freshman contributors in Ryan Prager and Brad Rudis.

Something's not right here… you don't go 0-5 here with the Top 10 and other known programs (more established than A&M in baseball lately) go 1-1… and all of our guys end up in the portal…

You have some very bad posts, and of those this is one of them. Good day and BTHO tu!!!!
AWP 97
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

aggiebrad94 said:

Why would an Aggie enter the portal right now?
If he is not playing and wants to find a new home he better do it now or otherwise all the opportunities might be gone. Have to go now, if leaving.

Why is baseball on such a tight time window? It seems like these kids would want to enjoy the CWS experience. One way or another, this thing will be over by June 27th. That seems like plenty of time to make a decision. I would think most of these kids that transfer have some idea of where they can and/or want to play next. Like my dad once told me, don't leave one job until you have another one lined up.
Sean98
AG
I mean, he's not entirely wrong. Can you imagine what the football board would be saying if 5/10 top players in the state were in the portal? Someone would set the Bright complex on fire.

That said, these things happen when you get coaching changes. They value different things and have different personalities. It'll be fine.
phatty26
ensign_beedrill said:

Anybody know about Alex Magers? I saw him watching from the stands during Supers, but then he was down on the field for the team picture after the win. Is this just a roster size limit thing? I would think even if hurt, he'd be allowed to suit up and be in the dugout.

He's on the active roster for Omaha but wasn't for regionals and super regionals.
RED AG 98
AG
Sean98 said:

I mean, he's not entirely wrong. Can you imagine what the football board would be saying if 5/10 top players in the state were in the portal? Someone would set the Bright complex on fire.

That said, these things happen when you get coaching changes. They value different things and have different personalities. It'll be fine.
Perhaps, still exceedingly poor timing to say "something bad is going on" given that this very day we're playing in Omaha with house money against tu. Kinda par based on the posting history though.

Also:
- how many of these actually committed to Schloss?
- any analysis of the incredible talent that will be coming in?

Anyway, I'm out. BTHO tu!
Hornbeck
aggiebrad94 said:

I know in at least a couple cases - Because they let them know right before making the trip to Omaha that they were out. Some of those kids were local and word gets out.

Zero class, IMHO. They work hard all year, and get cut right before Omaha
Aggies#1
AG
Lol, geeezzzz, first of all I didn't say something bad was going on. Schloss is a great coach and yes A&M will be ok. You can say all my posts are stupid and this is another stupid post, but I know more than you think and my thoughts on this subject are warranted whether you agree or not. John Spikerman ring a bell…., plays RF and is lead off batter for OU who just kicked our ass. He went 2 for 4, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB, yada yada yada in the CWS. He's a South Texas boy and was ranked around 30-40 something in the 2021 Texas Class. He was a SS/INF, but the OU Coach made a spot for him on the roster in the outfield. We had 5, I will repeat 5 of the Top 10. None start and all are possibly leaving. It appears Schloss is going to build his empire around the portal, and that is his decision, he gets paid the big bucks. I am sure Schloss Iikes and speaks highly of each one of these players and wants to keep these guys. No worries, these young guys have also made their decisions and will be perfectly fine too, that's why the transfer portal was made, there are some other teams that are going to get way better.
I already have a dog
AG
Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

I know in at least a couple cases - Because they let them know right before making the trip to Omaha that they were out. Some of those kids were local and word gets out.

On one hand the timing sucks, on the other hand there were only 8 teams not in off-season mode and building next year's roster. It would suck more for them to find out later and not be able to move on to their top destination because the team already took someone else. No good way to handle that kind of situation.
Hornbeck
Tell that to them. Several players were upset about the timing, from what I understand.

Couple that with the way Schloss handled Dettmer, and I'm not sold on the new skipper.
TAMU1990
AG
Hornbeck said:

Tell that to them. Several players were upset about the timing, from what I understand.

Couple that with the way Schloss handled Dettmer, and I'm not sold on the new skipper.
powerbelly
AG
Hornbeck said:

TexAg1822
AG
Hornbeck said:

Glad to know you're not sold on the guy who has led us to Omaha year 1

Same Dettmer as the one who started Game 1 of the CWS for us? Who's been the Friday night guy all year he was treated badly by the staff?
AG
Hornbeck said:

Well at least we know there's one person in our fanbase that doesn't like the direction Schloss is taking us.
twk
AG
Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

You can't take everyone to Omaha. The roster is limited. Once players know they aren't on the Omaha roster, if they want to enter the portal right then, that's understandable. Their season is over, so they might as well start looking to next year. But them not being on the Omaha roster has zero to do with class. Your claim otherwise is not grounded in fact.
TexAg1822
AG
twk said:

Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

You can't take everyone to Omaha. The roster is limited. Once players know they aren't on the Omaha roster, if they want to enter the portal right then, that's understandable. Their season is over, so they might as well start looking to next year. But them not being on the Omaha roster has zero to do with class. Your claim otherwise is not grounded in fact.

This exactly. They were already redshirting. Totally understandable why redshirts wouldn't be on a travel roster
trouble
AG
Right? Like the parents of players who aren't getting "enough" playing time are unbiased sources
Luke The Drifter
AG
College baseball roster turnover has always been huge from one year to the next. Given the transfer portal and NIL deals, it's only going to get worse. Word may get out that some of these players who were cut got their feelings hurt, but word will also get out that Schloss is only going to take the best players forward onto next year's roster.

If you're one of those kids (or parents) that gets his feelings hurt because better players than you get more playing time than you...then A&M probably isn't the program for you anyway.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
RafterAg223
AG
Hornbeck said:

You are 100% right on this. Let's get Rob on the phone and back to College Station ASAP, because no other big time program in America handles these things in such a classless manner as Sclossnagle and staff.
AgBanker
Hornbeck said:

What was wrong with how he handled Dettmer? Are you talking about the foot blister?

You seem bitter toward the Coach that just won the first CWS game in a LONG time for the Ags.
Agthatbuilds
twk said:

Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

The sips had a kid who hit 3 hrs yesterday in summer ball who had been on the roster all season.

It's just the nature of college ball. Every team deals with it
Agthatbuilds
Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

That's the way college ball goes.
Bunk Moreland
Hornbeck said:

The way he handled him, as in trusting him to start game 1 of the CWS? Or the way he spoke about him in the post game the last few nights? Tough love pays off. I, too hope Dettmer saw and learned from how Micah competed without elite stuff today too.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Plus, from the time their parents paid thousands of dollars for their kid to be on an 8U "select" or "travel" baseball team, these kids have been told how great they are...how other coaches misused them...or how they will be the next Ken Griffey, Jr. They have been coddled since day one by their parents, coaches, or anyone else money could buy. The kids that saw through that, worked hard all the way through, worked even harder in high school and college, and tuned out all of the blowing smoke up their butts are the ones who are successful in college.

TLDR - Just because your parents paid thousands of dollars for you to be on a select team, it doesn't mean you'll be a contributor or get a roster spot on a college team.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
AgBanker
Luke The Drifter said:

Plus, from the time their parents paid thousands of dollars for their kid to be on an 8U "select" or "travel" baseball team, these kids have been told how great they are...how other coaches misused them...or how they will be the next Ken Griffey, Jr. They have been coddled since day one by their parents, coaches, or anyone else money could buy. The kids that saw through that, worked hard all the way through, worked even harder in high school and college, and tuned out all of the blowing smoke up their butts are the ones who are successful in college.

TLDR - Just because your parents paid thousands of dollars for you to be on a select team, it doesn't mean you'll be a contributor or get a roster spot on a college team.

You may be bitter too. I don't have a problem at all with the way it was handled. But, all of those players are extremely talented and I wish them the best. The players that were mentioned were top players in the state. That was because of their ability and I am sure they all worked very hard. That ranking wasn't given to them because their "parents paid thousands of dollars so they could be on a select team". Ridiculous take.
FTAG 2000
AG
Hornbeck said:

There was turnover every year before NIL and the portal. It's only going to get more significant.

I'm sorry to hear it didnt work out for some of those guys but to act like Schloss is unethical over it somehow is just… wow.
Mister Mystery Guest
Man, it's a funny thing. When you happen to personally know a couple of the kids and/or their parents being discussed in a thread like this…. Just how stupid some of the posters around here appear to be.
pantherag
AG
Hornbeck said:

Your not sold on the new skipper?? Hmmm well that's a hot take horn. SMH hot take or not your on an island by yourself.
Sandman98
AG
That won't be the end of it. They have to squeeze almost 25 newcomers in the clubhouse next fall. Between that group and some existing players there are more tough conversations about to happen.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Hornbeck
Mister Mystery Guest said:

Man, it's a funny thing. When you happen to personally know a couple of the kids and/or their parents being discussed in a thread like this…. Just how stupid some of the posters around here appear to be.

There's one thing I agree with.

Personally, I wish I didn't know those folks. I was much happier with Aggie Baseball before I knew that side of things. I guess I figured being on a team meant you played in the midweek games when they needed you to pitch, that you got to go with the "team" to the CWS, not get kicked to the curb right before they left. I'm sure glad all of you are fine with this kind of treatment of kids that played all year.

ETA: Panther - "your" =\= "you're"
powerbelly
AG
I'm pretty sure NCAA limits post-season roster size to 27.

What do you propose the coaches do?

SECTAMU#1
I may have missed it, but was it ever posted as to the freshman recruits coming in for next year?
RafterAg223
AG
Hornbeck said:

Mister Mystery Guest said:

There's one thing I agree with.

Personally, I wish I didn't know those folks. I was much happier with Aggie Baseball before I knew that side of things. I guess I figured being on a team meant you played in the midweek games when they needed you to pitch, that you got to go with the "team" to the CWS, not get kicked to the curb right before they left. I'm sure glad all of you are fine with this kind of treatment of kids that played all year.

I'm going to hang up and listen.

ETA: Panther - "your" =\= "you're"
What about NCAA rules and compressing the roster this time of year do you not understand? This isn't happening only at Texas A&M. Division 1 college sports is a business, like it or not. Tough decisions need to be made, and they need to be made according to what you feel is best for your roster. With the transfer portal dynamic, you don't have time to wait around to clear roster space if there is someone out there you think might help you win more than some guys you have. This isn't little league where everybody gets to grab a bat and play an inning in every game. College baseball scholarships don't roll over automatically every year. If you think Childress didn't run his fair share of players off in his time here, just take some time to do some research. There will always be pissed off people when decisions like these are made. It happens every day in the real world as well. Schlossnagle didn't sign these players. He's going to build his program the way he wants.
Luke The Drifter
AG
My advice to your friends who were on the roster but didn't get to go to Omaha: Play better, improve your skills, *earn* one of the NCAA-mandated maximum 27 available spots.
Hornbeck
If those guys were just cut from the travel roster, I'm betting their parents would (and even them) have understood. Have you even been on a collegiate level athletic team? Real easy to be glib.

To be recruited by Childress, get begged to stay by Schloss, play all season, then get cut *from the team* right before CWS? They had a problem with that.

I was just trying to answer a poster's question.

Why on earth would any Aggie be in the portal right now? They got kicked out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.