*****2022 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

116,223 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by goose91
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

My advice to your friends who were on the roster but didn't get to go to Omaha: Play better, improve your skills, *earn* one of the NCAA-mandated maximum 27 available spots.
This is the way. Jordan Thompson made sure he wrote his own name into the lineup when he wasn't getting any playing time at all, and never looked back. There was plenty of time early in the year for a young player to step up at every position on the infield, with the exception of first base. it never happened. Now you have an infield coming back that will include the likes of Ryan Targac, Kalae Harrison, Hunter Haas, Kaeden Kent, Kaikea Harrison, Trevor Werner, and potentially Conner Weigman. Not a ton of room at the inn, and all the guys listed are pretty high ceiling guys.
Hornbeck
powerbelly said:

I'm pretty sure NCAA limits post-season roster size to 27.

What do you propose the coaches do?

They were on Regional and Super Regional rosters
Luke The Drifter
AG
Hornbeck said:

powerbelly said:

I think 32 or 33 are allowed on regional and super regional rosters, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Either way, Schloss was taking the 27 players he felt best suited to get us wins in Omaha.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
twk
AG
Hornbeck said:

If those guys were just cut from the travel roster, I'm betting their parents would (and even them) have understood. Have you even been on a collegiate level athletic team? Real easy to be glib.

To be recruited by Childress, get begged to stay by Schloss, play all season, then get cut *from the team* right before CWS? They had a problem with that.

I was just trying to answer a poster's question.

Why on earth would any Aggie be in the portal right now? They got kicked out.
You're displaying a complete lack of knowledge of how scholarships work in baseball. Once they don't make the Omaha roster, their year is over. If they are not going to be extended a scholarship in the Fall, the sensible thing to do is to let them know so that they can start looking for a space elsewhere. This happens every year with every team. How would it be a good thing for the kids to say, "We don't need you in Omaha but we'll see you in the Fall," when the staff has made the decision that this player isn't going to be a part of the plans for next year? It's not.

If you've got a problem with annual renewable scholarships, take it up with the NCAA. The rest of us are not living in your fantasy world where once a kid makes the team as a freshman, they've got four years guaranteed on the roster.
RafterAg223
AG
Hornbeck said:

powerbelly said:

So....there were other players sitting with the parents in the stands for regionals and supers that are now back in uniform. Everyone agrees that it hurts and it sucks. To pretend like every last anecdotal detail you described isn't happening all over the country, is being pretty intellectually dishonest.
FTAG 2000
AG
Hornbeck said:

If those guys were just cut from the travel roster, I'm betting their parents would (and even them) have understood. Have you even been on a collegiate level athletic team? Real easy to be glib.

To be recruited by Childress, get begged to stay by Schloss, play all season, then get cut *from the team* right before CWS? They had a problem with that.

I was just trying to answer a poster's question.

Why on earth would any Aggie be in the portal right now? They got kicked out.

Would you rather our coach wait until after Omaha and after seeing what transfers are coming in, or letting them go now when all but eight schools are reviewing the transfer portal and making offers?

It'd be more selfish of schloss to let them dangle for another 2-3 weeks than to have a tough conversation and let them start looking for other opportunities at the best possible time where the maximum amount of opportunities are out there for them.

Have my doubts you're an Ag but if so this is the reality of D1 baseball. I don't envy the coaches for having to have those discussions and feel greatly for the kids that didnt make the cut but this is life.
Farmer1906
AG
Hornbeck said:

"have my doubts you're an ag"

…and people wonder why there's sociology Papers written about Texags

I don't think I have ever wondered that.
trouble
AG
Same
superaggie73
AG
Just in case there was any doubt, now we all know he's a troll
2020P.O.
Aggies#1 said:

Not sure what to think of yet on losing this many top 10 freshman players from the state that entered the portal. We are potentially losing 5 of the top 10 ranked players from the 2021 Texas class…

2021 State of Texas Class Rankings per PBR
#1 Jordan Lawlar (Vandy) MLB 1st Round Draft Pick 6
#2 Issac Pacheco (A&M) MLB 2nd Round Draft Pick 39
#3 Rawley Hector (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#4 Ryan Johnson (Dallas Baptist] Signed and SP/RP, 3-2, 58 IP, 4.30 ERA
#5 Hagen Smith (Arkansas) Signed and SP/RP, Pitched against A&M in a Win, 6-2, 72 IP, 4.85 ERA
#6 Austin Stracener (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#7 Tyler Lee (was committed to A&M, don't know what happened to this guy…, did he get cut?)
#8 Hudson White (Texas Tech) Signed and Starting Catcher 215 AB, 6 HR, 35 RBI, .260 BA
#9 Ty Hodge (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#10 Will Rizzo (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL

Jack Hamilton was at #6 until he got hurt his senior year playing ball. NOW PORTAL

I did not put any stats next to the A&M players because they really didn't do anything. So why is it that Texas A&M is the only team that could not make a big splash with a Top 10 Texas Player? Hell we had 5 of them. Now in fairness, we did have a couple of Texas Freshman contributors in Ryan Prager and Brad Rudis.

Something's not right here… you don't go 0-5 here with the Top 10 and other known programs (more established than A&M in baseball lately) go 1-1… and all of our guys end up in the portal…

Don't get too caught up in "rankings" in baseball. Lots of those high rankings are weighted on outside factors. Ie…

60 times, velo from outfield, pop times, velo off the bat in a batting cage.

Being familiar with a couple names from your list specifically….You'd never understand how and why they were rated high after watching them actually play. Basically "Showcase" kids.

"Perfect game" for instance, it's fairly common to raise your grade if you go to multiple showcases. Just keep paying thos $600+ registration fees and you've got a good shot to getting a good grade.

Plus if Schloss can replace multi year "projects" with good portal contributors - then I'm sure he will.
Mr.Ackar07
And once again, all of the Aggies that were listed in the portal are not listed anymore.
pantherag
AG
Hornbeck said:

powerbelly said:

Who are you specifically talking about? Who has been playing all year and is now no longer on the team?
Goose06
AG
It seems Hornbeck must be pals with the Hodge family. If Schloss cut Hodge, thats unfortunate as I think a number of us had high hopes for him based on some fall reports. However, in his 18 at bats this year, he got 1 hit and 1 walk to go along with 11 k's. There is no way he was going to see any action in Omaha so its not a surprise at all he would get left off the roster.

I am a little surprised we took Lovett and Majors over Hamilton and Hector but Hector gave up multiple runs in each of his last 6 outtings whereas Majors only gave up 3 runs total in his last 5 outtings. Schloss may view Majors and Lovett as better options in situational spots or maybe they have been throwing better in practice (none of the 4 have gotten much action in May/June).
tonytx05
AG
Roster is 27 for regionals, supers, and CWS.

Quote:

On the field, including the practice field, bullpen, bench and dugout, each team is limited to four official coaches in uniform (head coach, assistant coaches and volunteer coach), 27 eligible student-athletes in uniform, and nine additional individuals as determined by the institution. Only uniformed personnel, including coaches and eligible student-athletes, may be permitted between the white lines and in the bullpens.

The bat handler, who must be 13 years of age or older, does not count against the maximum limit of 40 individuals. Non-uniformed personnel in proper attire may participate in pregame warm-ups. Once a game begins, the athletic trainer or manager is permitted on the field only to perform his/her appropriate duty (e.g., warming up a pitcher is not considered an appropriate duty). The 40 individuals listed below are the only individuals authorized in the dugout.
I already have a dog
AG
Hornbeck said:

Tell that to them. Several players were upset about the timing, from what I understand.

Couple that with the way Schloss handled Dettmer, and I'm not sold on the new skipper.

I don't know them, if I did that is exactly what I'd tell them. They got cut, it sucks but its better you found out now before options start closing, let's figure out what the next step is.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Is there some confusion about being left off of the post season roster and getting outright cut?
AWP 97
AG
I think there is a lot of confusion on this thread but since I was one of the ones that asked the question early in the thread, I feel satisfied with the answer. The best I can gather is that these players did not just up and decide to enter the transfer portal right before Omaha which is what I thought. It makes more sense that they didn't make the CWS roster and A) decided to enter the portal or B) were encouraged to enter the portal.

I presume it's possible that a younger player doesn't make the CWS roster but has potential and doesn't enter the portal. He just knows he has to work hard to earn playing time. That happens everywhere in life.

As for the posters who personally know kids/parents that are upset about how they were treated, I would imagine it is different for every situation and I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of every player's situation.

With all of that being said, I have learned a lot from this thread so I appreciate the posters who answered my question.
YellowPot_97
AG
Hornbeck said:

aggiebrad94 said:

Why would an Aggie enter the portal right now?

I know in at least a couple cases - Because they let them know right before making the trip to Omaha that they were out. Some of those kids were local and word gets out.

Zero class, IMHO. They work hard all year, and get cut right before Omaha

There were players that were not on the roster for the regional or supers, including locals. Don't think they were cut right before the trip to Omaha.
midwest.aggie

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hornbeck said:

"have my doubts you're an ag"

…and people wonder why there's sociology Papers written about Texags

I don't think I have ever wondered that.
I haven't wondered either nor do I really care. I can see why this site triggers the sociology types.
goose91
AG
midwest.aggie said:

Thank you for posting this. I have updated the list accordingly

Chris '91
Mark Fairchild
AG
Schloss called out of list of bullpen pitchers and his name was. mentioned as possibly pitching.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Bump so this does not get lost
TexAg1822
AG
Saw in another post but looks as if Joey Powell, Catcher from Cincinnati has committed

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfFOaC1lKRE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
AgLA06
AG
Something about a catcher from Cincy was just posted.
Goose06
AG
TexAg1822 said:

Saw in another post but looks as if Joey Powell, Catcher from Cincinnati has committed

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfFOaC1lKRE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Interesting. Not quite Troy Claunch from what I can tell but solid. He will be a 4th year junior next season.

RS-Soph stats:
.326 batting average
5 HR
4 triples, 12 doubles (both 2nd place on his team)
.996 OPS
39 k's / 22 BB's
No errors defensively and 5 PB's as well as 12/27 catching base stealers.
GigEmAgsCaleb
Looks to be a quality add!
goose91
AG
AgLA06 said:

Something about a catcher from Cincy was just posted.

Added Joseph Powell C Cincinnati
SW AG80
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

And once again, all of the Aggies that were listed in the portal are not listed anymore.

Do you mean no longer listed in the portal or no longer on our roster?
I have a few friends who went on to play MLB and some in the NFL. Each has told me that college athletics is much more cut throat than the professional game. The pros have $$ invested. In college, if a player is not performing, then it is move on so we have a scholarship for someone else.
goose91
AG
They will show up one day on D1Baseball's transfer portal listing and disappear the next. It has happened a couple of times the last few weeks. Most likely an issue with their site.
AggieBB
AG
Hornbeck said:

Tell that to them. Several players were upset about the timing, from what I understand.

Couple that with the way Schloss handled Dettmer, and I'm not sold on the new skipper.
So much LOL. Not sold on a coach that led us to our best season ever. In year 1! LOL
Luke The Drifter
AG
AggieBB said:

Hornbeck said:

So much LOL. Not sold on a coach that led us to our best season ever. In year 1! LOL

Yea, he sure handled Dettmer poorly vs. Notre Dame, didn't he?
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Well, he does have 'horn' in his username so maybe that explains it.
2020P.O.
Just as well move this to the top……hearing at least 3 more names to be added.
aggieeducator
AG
Joey Powell is a bigger pick up than folks are giving credit for - any catcher batting over .300 is a plus at that position. I know it's AAC competition (not SEC) but this was a "good get".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.