*****2022 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

115,638 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by goose91
goose91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since I did this last year, I thought I would do it again.

My attempt is to keep all this information in one place for documentation purposes.

This is what I have so far with players entering the portal and transferring to A&M.

Entered Transfer Portal

Out
  • 6/17 - RHP Rawley Hector -- (La Tech)
  • 6/17 - INF Austin Stracener -- (Baylor)
  • 6/17 - RHP Jack Hamilton -- (HBU)
  • 6/17 - INF Ty Hodge -- (HBU)
  • 6/20 - RHP Will Rizzo -- (Nebraska)
  • 6/26 - RHP/INF Khristian Curtis - (Arizona State)
  • 6/28 - INF Kalae Harrison - (NC State)
  • 6/29 - RHP Alex Magers - (Sam Houston)
  • 6/29 - RHP Walker Zander - (HBU)
  • 6/29 - LHP Jonathan Childress - (ECU)
  • 6/28 - RHP Xavier Lovett - (Memphis)
  • 6/28 - C Taylor Smith - (UTSA)
  • 7/01 - OF Logan Britt - (ACU)

MLB Draft
  • Sunday July 17th - Tuesday July 19th

In
  • 6/03 - Brandyn Garcia LHP Quinnipiac
  • 6/07 - Carson Lambert RHP USCw
  • 6/10 - Hunter Haas INF Arizona State
  • 6/23 - Joseph Powell C Cincinnati
  • 6/26 - Matt Dillard LHP SHSU
  • 6/26 - Joshua Stewart RHP t.u.
  • 6/27 - Troy Wansing LHP Purdue
  • 6/28 - Max Debiec RHP Washington
  • 7/01 - Jace Hutchins RHP t.u.

JUCO Transfers / Commitments (Prep Baseball)

• 6/28 - Evan Aschenbeck LHP Blinn TX
  • 6/28 - Travis Chestnut 2B Temple TX
  • 6/28 - Evan Godwin LHP San Jacinto TX
  • 6/28 - J.D. Gregson. C Grayson TX
  • 6/28 - Dillon Janac RHP San Jacinto TX
  • 6/28 - Stanley Tucker INF New Mexico NM
  • 6/28 - Jaren Warwick RHP Alvin TX

For Reference:
*****2021 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

Feel free to post anything I might have missed or got incorrect and I will update accordingly.

Thanks,
Chris '91
aggiebrad94
AG
Why would an Aggie enter the portal right now?
dabo man
AG
Because he wants Dr. Pepper?

Oh wait, that's football.
ColoradoMooseHerd
aggiebrad94 said:

Why would an Aggie enter the portal right now?
If he is not playing and wants to find a new home he better do it now or otherwise all the opportunities might be gone. Have to go now, if leaving.
12thmanfootball
AG
Great Chemistry on the baseball team, I think it will be very fun to watch down the stretch here!!!
Farmer1906
AG
Someone is going to have to explain Brandyn Garcia LHP Quinnipiac to me. He's a big lefty, but from everything I can find he's he doesn't put up great numbers and doesn't have crazy stuff to project with.
2020P.O.
It'll be interesting to see who hits the portal when the time comes. I wouldn't think we'd lose any decent contributors….I suppose there will always be some pitchers looking for more opportunities.
TexAg1822
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Someone is going to have to explain Brandyn Garcia LHP Quinnipiac to me. He's a big lefty, but from everything I can find he's he doesn't put up great numbers and doesn't have crazy stuff to project with.
Explanation: Jim Schlossnagle and Nate Yeskie think he's a take
Farmer1906
AG
TexAg1822 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Explanation: Jim Schlossnagle and Nate Yeskie think he's a take
Great. I think that, obviously, goes without saying since he's transferring in. Can you explain why they think he's a take?
Avocado Toast
AG

91-95 on the fastball with what looks to be a wipeout slider seems good enough to take
Avocado Toast
AG

And a shoutout from the pitching ninja
e=mc2
AG
Avocado Toast said:

91-95 on the fastball with what looks to be a wipeout slider seems good enough to take

Looks damn nasty to me.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Did Hodge burn his redshirt? I know he played a little bit this year, but I don't know how much you can play and still claim a redshirt.
bearcat
I am sure they see 95 mph and see an adjustment he can make to get better control and/or velocity
TexAg1822
AG
I got ya, was being a tad facetious but in good manner.

I honestly thought the same thing when I saw his stats. My guess is staff thinks they can use him in a relief role and his pitch combos can be effective in certain spots. I'm not so sure Schloss is opposed to just adding pieces to the bullpen either, no matter how much volume he thinks they'll produce
Farmer1906
AG
bearcat said:

I am sure they see 95 mph and see an adjustment he can make to get better control and/or velocity
That 95 # is much higher than what I found when searching his name. The selected clips from twitter show good K stuff even vs right handed hitters.

But the ERA north of 7 in a low level league is scary.
Dice
AG
bearcat said:

This would be my guess, also, immaterial of actual velocity. This coaching staff doesn't strike me as one to go about business in a willy-nilly fashion.
goose91
AG
Added Hunter Haas INF Arizona State
TexAg1822
AG
Goose, does the D1 portal require a sub to view?
goose91
AG
I believe so. I signed up last year to try and monitor the transfer info. It isn't 100% accurate though.

I get most of my information directly from Texags and then update it here.
thegoodolag15
AG
Sometimes a slight mechanical change can be the difference between a 7.00 era and a 2.00 era. His stuff seems quality but he may just need a coach to help him harness it.
85AustinAg
AG
I'm with a couple of you guys. I think Yeskie sees enough potential in the kid and believes with some tweaks and some hard work from the kid he can become a good one.
DTP02
AG
With NIL and as hot as our program is right now, don't be shocked if we get some folks from the portal without allocating any ship to them. Possibly the Quinnipiac kid is one of these.
goose91
AG
Ty Hodge is no longer listed in the D1Baseball.com transfer portal. I have removed him from the list.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Anybody know about Alex Magers? I saw him watching from the stands during Supers, but then he was down on the field for the team picture after the win. Is this just a roster size limit thing? I would think even if hurt, he'd be allowed to suit up and be in the dugout.
Luke The Drifter
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Anybody know about Alex Magers? I saw him watching from the stands during Supers, but then he was down on the field for the team picture after the win. Is this just a roster size limit thing? I would think even if hurt, he'd be allowed to suit up and be in the dugout.

Limited rosters for post-season play, I believe. My daughter's (no rule #1) boyfriend pitches for DBU. He missed the 2021 season with Tommy John surgery, so he was not allowed to suit up or travel with the team for the regional and super regional. He did get to suit up all year during the regular season, though.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
src94
AG
He is on the travel roster for Omaha. Not sure if it's still limited to 27 as the R and SR were???
src94
CapCityAg89
AG
If this is not an ok question, tell me to delete: what does Haas mean for Kalae Harrison? I kinda wondered if he might be at risk.
powerbelly
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You could have said the same about Palisch last year.
8e8Ag
AG
Don't know anything about him but the name is right! The original Myles worked out pretty well.

Vandy pitcher in portal.

Miles Garrett, sophomore RHP

Garrett had a solid freshman debut in 2021, with a 2.79 ERA in nine appearances out of the bullpen. However, Garrett suffered a stress fracture in his arm in April and missed the rest of the season. He was not part of the active roster in 2022 for undisclosed reasons. Garrett is age-eligible for the 2022 draft and has three years of eligibility remaining.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2022/06/09/vanderbilt-baseball-roster-2022-transfer-portal-tracker/7556095001/
tehmackdaddy
AG
Per an article on 247, and as of 6/16:

Joseph Hector (6/15)
Jackson Hamilton (6/15)
John Rizzo (6/15)
Austin Stacener (6/15)
Ty Hodge (6/3)
ensign_beedrill
AG
I saw him suited up and on the field!
goose91
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Per an article on 247, and as of 6/16:

Joseph Hector (6/15)
Jackson Hamilton (6/15)
John Rizzo (6/15)
Austin Stacener (6/15)
Ty Hodge (6/3)
Updated for everyone except Will Rizzo. He isn't listed on D1Baseball yet.
Divining Rod
wow! have you seen him throw to 1st?
Aggies#1
AG
Not sure what to think of yet on losing this many top 10 freshman players from the state that entered the portal. We are potentially losing 5 of the top 10 ranked players from the 2021 Texas class…

2021 State of Texas Class Rankings per PBR
#1 Jordan Lawlar (Vandy) MLB 1st Round Draft Pick 6
#2 Issac Pacheco (A&M) MLB 2nd Round Draft Pick 39
#3 Rawley Hector (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#4 Ryan Johnson (Dallas Baptist] Signed and SP/RP, 3-2, 58 IP, 4.30 ERA
#5 Hagen Smith (Arkansas) Signed and SP/RP, Pitched against A&M in a Win, 6-2, 72 IP, 4.85 ERA
#6 Austin Stracener (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#7 Tyler Lee (was committed to A&M, don't know what happened to this guy…, did he get cut?)
#8 Hudson White (Texas Tech) Signed and Starting Catcher 215 AB, 6 HR, 35 RBI, .260 BA
#9 Ty Hodge (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL
#10 Will Rizzo (A&M) Signed NOW PORTAL

Jack Hamilton was at #6 until he got hurt his senior year playing ball. NOW PORTAL

I did not put any stats next to the A&M players because they really didn't do anything. So why is it that Texas A&M is the only team that could not make a big splash with a Top 10 Texas Player? Hell we had 5 of them. Now in fairness, we did have a couple of Texas Freshman contributors in Ryan Prager and Brad Rudis.

Something's not right here… you don't go 0-5 here with the Top 10 and other known programs (more established than A&M in baseball lately) go 1-1… and all of our guys end up in the portal…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.