Chuck F'n Strong, indeed.

57,937 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by schwack schwack
Fizban
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm the furthest thing from a sip sympathizer, troll, or whatever condescending term you can come up with. Perhaps I'm simply thinking about Charlie's kids and the embarrassment etc that they will have to deal with. No need to act like the sips do when something comes out against us, we're better than them. What Charlie did was 100% in the wrong, and there is no excuse for it. I'm all for their recruiting and program taking a hit or being wiped off the earth.

Charlie is the one who promoted himself as a paragon of virtue. Charlie is the one who found himself on the wrong side of another man's wife.

If you bill yourself as a moral authority then you have to expect more than a little blowback when it comes out that you are committing adultery.

leftcoastaggie
AG
Hawg, this is about custody of their two daughters. Mr. Blue is going scorched earth to get full custody and I doubt that Mrs. Blue will just sit back and let it happen. This is going to get ugly and all the secrets will be revealed. Got to wonder who leaked the document in the first place. That was a calculated move.
Post removed:
by user
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Hawg, this is about custody of their two daughters. Mr. Blue is going scorched earth to get full custody and I doubt that Mrs. Blue will just sit back and let it happen. This is going to get ugly and all the secrets will be revealed. Got to wonder who leaked the document in the first place. That was a calculated move.
True about the document being leaked. Does appear to be calculated. But to what end? Maximum embarrassment for the ex? Or revenge on Strong?

Never can tell what the motivations are in divorce and custody cases as emotion often clouds strategy and judgment. There isn't going to be a jury trial to determine custody, a judge decides that. The publicity wouldn't sway the actual decider. And they were supposed to go into mediation soon. Puts more pressure on her to be more amenable in the mediation, maybe??

Or, because of the mediation on the property issues, the custody case could just be the method used to prove something else in the divorce proceedings, like a fidelity clause in the pre-nup with monetary consequences. Or her wasting of marital assets.

The guy runs an equity fund. He's not an idiot. Just the threat that her side piece may be hauled before his lawyers with requested documents may be enough to get her to relent on some demands.

We'll see what happens.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
whats the best case here? He gets another year? Or he gets canned and they have to scramble to find someone in the interim, which will kill this season and recruiting?

If charlie is fired for cause, do players that transfer still have to sit out a year? i think i remember the penn state players being allowed to transfer without penalty. obviously that was a much much larger issue
Perrin's call (with Fenves' input). Strong will have some explaining to do, especially since this the third time he's been involved in a court case since his hiring. And he better be truthful. He lies to Perrin about his relationship with Mrs. Blue, that will be a cause for termination.

And never forget Perrin was a trial lawyer and a successful one at that. He can grill Strong and he'll have a good sense of whether Strong is lying or not.

In reading Strong's contract this morning, I found an item that was interesting, given the questions surrounding Strong's continued tenure and all of the assistant hires in the off-season. Were Strong to leave tu for another job, whether in college or the NFL, he agreed to be on the hook for the guaranteed portions of any of his staff that was not retained by the new coach and further agreed to pay that in one lump sum payment. Kind of unusual.

I only point that out because it will have to be addressed should he "resign" instead of being fired for cause. Any negotiated settlement regarding his separation from employment, will either say it doesn't apply since he's not leaving for another job, or that it has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties.

ETA: If he hasn't already, Strong would be wise to lawyer up in Louisville and Austin. He'll need them.
Post removed:
by user
goodAg80
AG
If Charlie can't remember who his offensive coordinator is, the first name of his quarterback, his zip code, or what happened in a bowl game, how on earth is he expected to remember having sex with some woman?

He seems like a lawyers dream. "Charlie, just say that you don't remember."

Bob Dobalina

quote:
Perrin's call (with Fenves' input). Strong will have some explaining to do, especially since this the third time he's been involved in a court case since his hiring. And he better be truthful. He lies to Perrin about his relationship with Mrs. Blue, that will be a cause for termination.

The relationship with Ms. Blue is not going to be Strong's downfall at tu (though it may play a part of it). The problem is if this incident puts his relationship with his special assistant in a new light. Then it becomes Petrino territory. I do wonder how much longer the sips will put up with Strong's losing, his dubious assistant hires, his personal moral hypocrisy, and his penchant for going to court.
aggiehawg
AG
Well, if he's banging that assistant who is on the payroll, he's toast anyways. Perrin can also call in Moorer and question him about Mrs. Blue and Strong, and Moorer's ass is on the line, if he covers up for him.

If there is absolutely nothing to any of this, the university will have Strong address it, and soon.
NoneGiven
AG
Good choice Mama Jefferson.
Fizban
quote:
In reading Strong's contract this morning....

Seriously?

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
In reading Strong's contract this morning....

Seriously?

Yeah, a link to it was posted on the landthieves thread about his behavioral clause. So, I clicked on it and read the contract. It's not that long.

Sue me.
2wealfth Man
AG
quote:
This is really minor compared to the big problem that is strong ****ing Katharine Sawyer, his special assistant. If Blue's lawyers some how bring that little deal to public light, we have petrino on the 40 acres.

I'm sure he has never done this before or since
Blaser270
quote:

MallalieuAg
AG
The whorns and their recruits can rot for all I care.
FJB
AG
quote:
quote:
True about the document being leaked. Does appear to be calculated. But to what end? Maximum embarrassment for the ex? Or revenge on Strong?

I'm going with "C - All of the above".
aggiehawg
AG
LOL. Could be, Pedro.

I really feel sorry for Jurich, Louisville's AD. He's had a rough time of it recently with his coaches. And now a BMD?? Furk!
Madman
AG

no comment.
Mookie
AG
#LetsRide someone else's wife.

Stolen from Twitter.
Bird Poo
AG
Ole Freak Nasty #2
Loverboy
quote:
This.

Lol. Malik.

Great example for you to follow.

You chose poorly.

Loverboy
quote:
#LetsRide someone else's wife.

Stolen from Twitter.
Hahahaha.
HTownAg98
Of course, the typical sip media have avoided this story like it has herpes.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
I'm the furthest thing from a sip sympathizer, troll, or whatever condescending term you can come up with. Perhaps I'm simply thinking about Charlie's kids and the embarrassment etc that they will have to deal with. No need to act like the sips do when something comes out against us, we're better than them. What Charlie did was 100% in the wrong, and there is no excuse for it. I'm all for their recruiting and program taking a hit or being wiped off the earth.

Charlie is the one who promoted himself as a paragon of virtue. Charlie is the one who found himself on the wrong side of another man's wife.

If you bill yourself as a moral authority then you have to expect more than a little blowback when it comes out that you are committing adultery.

You mean like Aggies present themselves as paragons of virtue because of that code of honor you all ignore? Or, at least, it sounds like you're ignoring it when you leap to a conclusion and then represent that as fact to justify a rabid hatred.

Isn't presenting speculation as the truth something very close to a lie?

I know, I know, you don't really care about honor or virtue. You just care about tu.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean like Aggies present themselves as paragons of virtue because of that code of honor you all ignore? Or, at least, it sounds like you're ignoring it when you leap to a conclusion and then represent that as fact to justify a rabid hatred.

I know, I know, you don't really care about honor or virtue. You just care about tu.
Does Texas have a code of honor at all? Would cheating, lying and being a criminal be OK with you if it allowed you to win? If not, why don't you hold Charlie to whatever standard you claim A&M must abide by?

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Or, at least, it sounds like you're ignoring it when you leap to a conclusion and then represent that as fact to justify a rabid hatred.

This is what you're going to run with? Are you ****ing kidding me, even after all the rumlin bull ****? What a mouth breathing dunce.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you bleeding about now? The suspicion that your little gremlin coach is a home-wrecking liar?

Sounds like you're trying to defend this behavior.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Does Texas have a code of honor at all? Would cheating, lying and being a criminal be OK with you if it allowed you to win? If not, why don't you hold Charlie to whatever standard you claim A&M must abide by?

I'm not sure your response makes sense.

Lying, cheating and stealing are not acceptable anywhere. I do hold Strong to that standard. There is nobody even claiming that Strong cheated on his wife or had relations with the Kentucky woman. There is only rabid speculation.

Why don't you try using the same standard of evidence that you used with Johnny Autograph Seller?

Lastly, I don't claim A&M must abide by any standard. I merely point out that it's ironic that a group that claims moral ascendancy such as the Aggies condemns someone else for the same thing. I know irony isn't a big thing around here, but it's pretty good stuff once you get used to it.
dermdoc
AG
You didn't even go to tu. How do you know what their moral code is?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you bleeding about now? The suspicion that your little gremlin coach is a home-wrecking liar?

Sounds like you're trying to defend this behavior.
What behavior? What has been claimed? As of yet, there is nothing to defend.
RVHorn
quote:
You didn't even go to tu. How do you know what their moral code is?
Surrender accepted.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
Or, at least, it sounds like you're ignoring it when you leap to a conclusion and then represent that as fact to justify a rabid hatred.

This is what you're going to run with? Are you ****ing kidding me, even after all the rumlin bull ****? What a mouth breathing dunce.
I'll try to be more like you in the future.
Clown Question
Well, well, it must be a slow day sucking ****s at the local truck stop. I guess it gives you more time you devote to your other obsession, Texas A&M.

quote:
I'll try to be more like you in the future.
Better to be more like him than a loser so obsessed with another team, he lives on said team's messageboard. Better to be more like him than a **** pin cushion whose mouth has been filled with more urine, excrement, and other bodily fluids than the NY city sewers
AgOutsideAustin
AG
So our coach drinks light colored liquor and your coach bangs light colored ladies what's the big deal?
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure your response makes sense.

Lying, cheating and stealing are not acceptable anywhere. I do hold Strong to that standard. There is nobody even claiming that Strong cheated on his wife or had relations with the Kentucky woman. There is only rabid speculation.

Why don't you try using the same standard of evidence that you used with Johnny Autograph Seller?

Lastly, I don't claim A&M must abide by any standard. I merely point out that it's ironic that a group that claims moral ascendancy such as the Aggies condemns someone else for the same thing. I know irony isn't a big thing around here, but it's pretty good stuff once you get used to it.
Charlie lied to recruits and lied about the OC position. Maybe you need to pay more attention, hold your head coach accountable and stop trowing rocks in your glass house. Time will tell if the speculation about Tracy Blue turns out to be Charlie boinking her. Your man, Jesus Shuttlesworth, already says the Texas administration knows that it is true. So in fact someone is saying it happened and it is one of your own.

Dredging up Johnny's autograph accusations is a funny distraction since it happened quite a while ago and the NCAA didn't create roll out any punishment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.