Chuck F'n Strong, indeed.

57,504 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by schwack schwack
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Strong's deposition, if it ever takes place, is not subject to a FOIA

If the t.u. academic department requests a copy of it, it could be (not FOIA but Public Information). Depends on how it is viewed in context with a personnel file.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Travel records are trade secrets? I get it that journalists aren't lawyers but this is weapons grade stupid.

Pretty sure you can figure out Strong's recruiting travels based on a quick scan of a few longhorn blogs and prospect twitter accounts. It's not exactly some secret formula.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
How can Charlie be a party to a divorce unless he's the one getting divorced?

He's not a party to the suit but he is a potential witness and, based on Kentucky law (which I, of course, don't know), is probably subject to the court's jurisdiction. He lived in Kentucky for a number of years and I would bet still owns property there. That's why I don't think a Texas court will quash this, and even if they do, there are other ways for the Kentucky parties to get what they want. They can file suit in Kentucky against Strong, or they can do a pre-suit deposition in Texas based on Texas civil procedure rules. They can get everything they requested here and even more, but they will have to hire Texas counsel and come down here to do it.

This isn't going away. Reading even part of the document posted leads me to believe the Kentucky attorneys know what they're doing and this isn't a fishing expedition. Too much detail and specifics.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Strong's deposition, if it ever takes place, is not subject to a FOIA

If the t.u. academic department requests a copy of it, it could be (not FOIA but Public Information). Depends on how it is viewed in context with a personnel file.
Maybe. Not sure. He's a witness, not a party. And if it does take place, it most likely is under seal. Strong's counsel in Louisville might request a gag order, you know, for the protection of his client and all.
Boodlum
AG
Why cant someone on here just do an FOI request for his text messages now? If he is using a work phone of course?
Wildcat
AG
I ask out of ignorance. Even if Strong's information reveals that he had an affair with the wife, why would that warrant sole custody to the husband? Infidelity is common and joint custody is typically awarded in divorce proceedings.

This leads me to speculate that there is something specific they are after to make the case she is an unfit mother. I'm thinking lines of coke on her ass or some other tawdry behavior.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
I ask out of ignorance. Even if Strong's information reveals that he had an affair with the wife, why would that warrant sole custody to the husband? Infidelity is common and joint custody is typically awarded in divorce proceedings.

This leads me to speculate that there is something specific they are after to make the case she is an unfit mother. I'm thinking lines of coke on her ass or some other tawdry behavior.

I think it might be less complicated than this.

The divorce was probably going to happen one way or another. This is a case of a woman with more tits than brains cheating on her rich husband. He very likely does not actually care about the outcome. What he really cares about is returning the humiliation favor she caused by cheating.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
How can Charlie be a party to a divorce unless he's the one getting divorced?

He's not a party to the suit but he is a potential witness and, based on Kentucky law (which I, of course, don't know), is probably subject to the court's jurisdiction. He lived in Kentucky for a number of years and I would bet still owns property there. That's why I don't think a Texas court will quash this, and even if they do, there are other ways for the Kentucky parties to get what they want. They can file suit in Kentucky against Strong, or they can do a pre-suit deposition in Texas based on Texas civil procedure rules. They can get everything they requested here and even more, but they will have to hire Texas counsel and come down here to do it.

This isn't going away. Reading even part of the document posted leads me to believe the Kentucky attorneys know what they're doing and this isn't a fishing expedition. Too much detail and specifics.

Agree. Which is why I think it was Tracy, or someone on her behalf that put this out on the internet, to warn Strong. She couldn't contact him directly, nor Moorer as her movements and communications are likely being monitored (legally or not).

Tracy Blue was fired from her job at a Blue Equity publication the first week of February. From what I have seen, this blew up recently.
VaultingChemist
AG
If Jonathan hired a PI to monitor his wife, isn't it probable the PI "acquired" the exact evidence that they are trying to obtain legally?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
If Jonathan hired a PI to monitor his wife, isn't it probable the PI "acquired" the exact evidence that they are trying to obtain legally?
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know how long he has been suspicious of his wife. He could have hired a PI to follow her before he instituted divorce proceedings. She could have disposed of her phone, but they could have the bills with the numbers she called or texted.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Attorneys often ask parties (and probably in this case, witnesses) to produce documents and other potential evidence they already have access to. That makes it easier to "prove up" the validity of the evidence (in layman's terms). Also, it is hard for a witness to deny ANY knowledge of something he produced in discovery.
AGC
AG
Her behavior is "inconsistent with being a role model and responsible caretaker" for the children, per SI.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/02/22/charlie-strong-louisville-divorce-case-texas
Clown Question
At some point does someone at tu ask strong about his relationship with his special assistant or do they just play ignorant until it blows up.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
At some point does someone at tu ask strong about his relationship with his special assistant or do they just play ignorant until blows up.

Waiting on the divorce petition from Strong's wife, Vicky. Then they'll ask him.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
He very likely does not actually care about the outcome. What he really cares about is returning the humiliation favor she caused by cheating.
I think telling the world your wife shagged a midget and, by loose extension, subordinate would result in more humiliation to him than either her or Strong. Screwing the executive's wife is a long-held blue collar fantasy.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
He very likely does not actually care about the outcome. What he really cares about is returning the humiliation favor she caused by cheating.
I think telling the world your wife shagged a midget and, by loose extension, subordinate would result in more humiliation to him than either her or Strong. Screwing the executive's wife is a long-held blue collar fantasy.
Or boss's wife, boss's daughter, sister's best friend, wife's best friend, dad's girlfriend, etc.... or so I've been told.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Louisville may have some tony neighborhoods, but Kentucky is still largely Bible-belt and conservative in matters of decorum. Just watch the Kentucky Derby. Veeeeerrrrrry traditional.
MaterialAg
AG
quote:
The divorce was probably going to happen one way or another. This is a case of a woman with more tits than brains cheating on her rich husband. He very likely does not actually care about the outcome. What he really cares about is returning the humiliation favor she caused by cheating.
I think she married old money and was given a plum job ("publisher") at the family business, then believed her own press. Pretty sure the custody battle is as much about not paying a cheating spouse $25k/month (or more) to keep the kids in the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed ... so she can, in fact, reap the benefits.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
Louisville may have some tony neighborhoods, but Kentucky is still largely Bible-belt and conservative in matters of decorum. Just watch the Kentucky Derby. Veeeeerrrrrry traditional.

I might know something about living in KY, but nothing about the Blue family. I wouldn't assume that what you refer to as "tradition" would be motivation for such a release or subpoena. My limited experience is that old money likes to keep such matters as quiet as possible.

Fortunately, I am unfamiliar with KY divorce laws. I do know that although KY is a no-fault state, it is considered in maintenance. A buddy hired a PI for the sole purpose of reducing what he would have to pay once his divorce was complete. It was a nasty business.
wbt5845
AG
FWIW - his family is old Louisville money. Don't know anything about hers - but dragging her through the streets suggesting she diddled a black dude is still frowned upon in that part of the world.
mazzag
AG
I think he's getting revenge against Charlie as much as he's trying to avoid child support to his wife.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I might know something about living in KY, but nothing about the Blue family. I wouldn't assume that what you refer to as "tradition" would be motivation for such a release or subpoena. My limited experience is that old money likes to keep such matters as quiet as possible.

Fortunately, I am unfamiliar with KY divorce laws. I do know that although KY is a no-fault state, it is considered in maintenance. A buddy hired a PI for the sole purpose of reducing what he would have to pay once his divorce was complete. It was a nasty business.
The Kentucky Derby hat parade remark was partially tongue-in-cheek. My point was that Louisville is in a more conservative state. Of course now that I've said that, there will probably be The Real Housewives of Louisville debuting next week. LOL.
MSU/SECALUM
If I'm the current Mrs. Strong, I too want to see if my husband has been cheating on me? If this doesn't peak her interest what would? You will know fairly soon if CVC(core values Charlie) has been stepping out on his wife and I would expect the divorce attorney that represents her too also demand the same documents that Mr. Blue has requested for and that would happen in Texas. I have to wonder if Mrs. Strong knew who actually sent the watch? One way or another we'll know what actually happened.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Time Piece / Side Piece, its all just semantics....
dcowboy808
AG
This makes so much more sense now!

[img]http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2395436/ByOrtnvCIAEQQFy_medium.jpg[/img]
Al Bula
AG
quote:
If this doesn't peak her interest what would?
Now, now, let's not let the potential salaciousness of this case get in the way of proper word usage.

Pique, not peak.
VaultingChemist
AG
quote:

Funny you would mention that. Strong had the same type of program at Louisville. And Mrs. Blue was presumably an attendee.
There are hundreds of pictures of Charlie with women that are posted on the Facebook page for the Louisville ladies night in 2011. Didn't see Tracy, though. Found an interesting one:

quote:
Coach Charlie Strong's Annual Women's Clinic
Like This Page June 7, 2011

Comments

Katie Marie YEAH ME AND CHARLIE CHEEK TO CHEEK
June 14, 2011 at 6:17pm
RVHorn
quote:
At some point does someone at tu ask strong about his relationship with his special assistant or do they just play ignorant until it blows up.

Texas should investigate every crime or ill-doing that the geniuses on Texags pull out of their collective ass.
Hamburger Dan
I guess the women in Kentucky go for the short, bald, stuttering type.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Why so sensitive rv? So your coach has an affinity for brunettes? Lots of them apparently. It's cool with me and your team's fan base. No big deal I'm mean its not like he's out drinking too much or anything.
RVHorn
quote:
Why so sensitive rv? So your coach has an affinity for brunettes? Lots of them apparently. It's cool with me and your team's fan base. No big deal I'm mean its not like he's out drinking too much or anything.
You must be the assigned hand for the collective ass tonight if by "affinity" you mean he has had several adulterous affairs. Very little supports such a notion.

I don't know what Sumlin's alleged drinking has to do with this. Are you saying that since someone else may have generated false rumors and lies that you, in turn, will take up the practice?

I'm not sensitive. I'm not even surprised that some Aggies are going ape with this. It is low behavior, though.
GoodLuckAgs
AG
Can a recruit ask to be released over something like this? Not sure how that works.
Madman
AG
If a recruit will play for a car or cash he will just high five Strong.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
You must be the assigned hand for the collective ass tonight if by "affinity" you mean he has had several adulterous affairs. Very little supports such a notion.

I don't know what Sumlin's alleged drinking has to do with this. Are you saying that since someone else may have generated false rumors and lies that you, in turn, will take up the practice?

I'm not sensitive. I'm not even surprised that some Aggies are going ape with this. It is low behavior, though.
Have you read the documents that were posted on-line, RV? What do you think it is about?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Again with the ass rv? Too funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.