Chuck F'n Strong, indeed.

57,924 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by schwack schwack
Clown Question
How long do you want to ignore this user?

quote:
I bet he's got some ho in Austin right now.

Well...
The Collective
AG
Poor woman probably screwed up her neck trying to get low enough.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Well...

quote:
I am a young, ambitious professional looking to advance my knowledge and skills of the sports business. I am looking for new challenges that expand my knowledge and experience that allow me to help sports make a difference in communities across the nation.

Sounds legit.
wbt5845
AG
Looks the part...

VaultingChemist
AG
This function makes more sense now. Charlie was recruiting new "talent".

I'm betting Mrs. Blue knows all about "sweatin' with Strong".
wbt5845
AG
quote:
Can you imagine how gross that little troll smells when he's working up a sweat getting his friction on?

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
This function makes more sense now. Charlie was recruiting new "talent".

Funny you would mention that. Strong had the same type of program at Louisville. And Mrs. Blue was presumably an attendee.
VaultingChemist
VaultingChemist
AG
I remember that it seemed like such a strange function at the time. I thought it was just a publicity stunt. Now I think it might have a dual purpose.
VaultingChemist
AG
Louisville held at least three of these women's clinics.

Third Annual Strong Women's Clinic

quote:
New to the clinic this year, is a T-shirt contest
Excuse my selective editing, but that is just too funny of a quote.
Clown Question
Someone really needs to shop up a charlie's angels gif with strong, sawyer, and blue.
Scruffy
aggiehawg
AG
Just to be fair, here's the entire quote:

quote:
New to the clinic this year, is a T-shirt contest, where groups of six (6) or more can design their own T-shirts to wear that day, and the best design wins a prize.
Scruffy
cupcakesprinkles
AG
What's up with former Louisville football coaches telling their marriage vows to **** off?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
What's up with former Louisville football coaches telling their marriage vows to **** off?
A lot of coaches mess around. R.C. wasn't a saint in that department as I recall.
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
What's up with current and former Louisville football coaches telling their marriage vows to **** off?
FIFY
MallalieuAg
AG
But did he brag about core values?
Clown Question
RC married the secretary he was messing around with. I think charlie is a serial philanderer. Pretty bad considering he is such a self righteous hypocrite.
Wildcat
AG
As I recall, RC's ex served him papers on national television at the conclusion of a game. I've always wondered which sip put her up to that stunt.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
As I recall, RC's ex served him papers on national television at the conclusion of a game. I've always wondered which sip put her up to that stunt.
I thought it was right before a game with tu?
The Collective
AG
RC was doing well at the time. That's why it didn't sink him.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought it was right before a game with tu?
You may be correct. It's been a long time ago now.
Hamburger Dan
I haven't checked in for awhile. Have we found out if the chobbit deflowered anymore young ladies, this weekend?
Clown Question
The rumor was that RC's ex came out to a practice and dumped his stuff.
aggiehawg
AG
SI article with some "legal" analysis:

quote:
Strong, who has been married since 2003 and has two daughters with his wife, will surely oppose Jonathan Blue's request that he be deposed. Strong lives out of state, works long hours and is not a party to the Blues' custody battle. Similarly, he will object to Jonathan Blue's subpoena and, if necessary, seek to quash it. Among possible reasons Strong could cite to not comply with the subpoena:

He needs more time to assemble the requested materials than is allowed by the subpoena.

He no longer possesses some of the requested materials, such as old cell phones and dated clothing items.

Blue's demands of Strong are excessive and burdensome, and are intended to embarrass Strong.

Some or all the demanded evidencesuch as gifted clothing to Strong and Strong's travel recordsare irrelevant to whether Jonathan Blue should have, as he demands, sole custody over his daughters.

Blue's demands for travel records and electronic communications would force Strong to give up trade secrets (for instance, if requested travel records are related to Strong's methods for recruiting high school players, Strong could insist that their disclosure would compromise one of his comparative coaching advantages and thus undermine his career).
LINK

LOL. Trade secrets? A new F-250 is a trade secret? Bagmen are a trade secret?
aggiehawg
AG
Also in the article:

quote:
Any allegation of "immoral" conduct could also eventually impact Strong's employment at Texas. SI.com has obtained and reviewed Strong's contract with Texas, which was signed in January 2014 and calls to pay the 55-year-old coach a base of approximately $26 million over five years. Like most employment contracts of significant value, Strong's deal contains language that enables Texas to exit or suspend payment if it concludes that he acted in disfavored ways. For instance, one contractual clause expresses that if Strong engages in "any fraud or dishonesty" while performing his job duties, the school could suspend him with or without pay, or even fire him "for cause"which means Texas would be relieved of the obligation to pay Strong on the remainder of his deal. Texas could impose the same outcome if it finds that Strong engaged in conduct "unbecoming to a head coach" or acted in a way that "reasonably brings into question the integrity" of Strong. To be sure, if Texas tried such a move, Strong's attorneys would likely take the school to court and argue the school has misapplied these provisions. Still, the language in Strong's contract is a reminder that even an out-of-state divorce case involving two other people might present problems for him.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
Still, the language in Strong's contract is a reminder that even an out-of-state divorce case involving two other people might present problems for him.
You know what else might present problems for men? Banging your benefactor's wife. Dumbazz.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
No doubt her lawyer. I'm sure the papers are all sitting there at the Brazos County courthouse...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

quote:
quote:
Blue's demands for travel records and electronic communications would force Strong to give up trade secrets (for instance, if requested travel records are related to Strong's methods for recruiting high school players, Strong could insist that their disclosure would compromise one of his comparative coaching advantages and thus undermine his career).
LINK

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Travel records are trade secrets? I get it that journalists aren't lawyers but this is weapons grade stupid.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
What is really rich about this "trade secrets" line is that the "journalist" fails to understand that this point was already litigated (if the Chobbit's lawyer chose to raise the point).
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
They're called "Brokers".....
Rocco S
Satterfield is monitoring this thread and getting pissed off
Schrute
Sumlin has lost control of wedding vows.
aggiehawg
AG
Here's the author of the article:

quote:
Michael McCann is a legal analyst and writer for Sports Illustrated. He is also a Massachusetts attorney and the founding director of the Sports and Entertainment Law Institute at the University of New Hampshire School of Law. He also teaches Deflategate at UNH, serves as the distinguished visiting Hall of Fame Professor of Law at Mississippi College School of Law is on the faculty of the Oregon Law Summer Sports Institute.
Still don't believe a recruiting spiel falls under a protected "trade secret."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.