Business & Investing
Sponsored by

PLUG

30,423 Views | 458 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by I bleed maroon
FbgTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fair enough, but you have to admit its much more conspicuous to come out and bash a stock and company unsolicited. You think he was just looking out for everyone? Showing his benevolence in trying to scare folks away from it?

Nobody just comes out and writes a hit-peice without an agenda. I doubt his agenda was to try and save a bunch of other people money.
byoung1052
AG
His part two article was published this morning.
Fat Tony
AG
Comment on SA:

http://bit.ly/1gqaXlr

"I'll give it a go at, if you read the linked news article, there is a large player joining in as the company's largest outside shareholder. They get to buy with a base price of $3 per share and additional shares at $0.40 when PLUG is at least at $4, not before that. All in all this means that the institution involved sees promising growth and value otherwise they would not put $30mil in the offering. This gives great confidence in the share price action since obviously $3 bucks will offer great resistance point because the share offering price is based at that and additional shares can only be bought at $4+. Also PLUG gets the much needed cash infusion to expand their operations, this is truly a great move and a big confidence booster in the underlined business operations. Many of the recent days questions in related PLUG articles has been answered big time, this was maybe the biggest question for the near future while we are waiting for profitability by Q214. This is similar to last year's TSLA offering when the stock price had surged though of course at a smaller scale."

Any thoughts from those more knowledgable than me?
Old Buffalo
AG
No, but in that same respect not many people come out and write an article out of the goodness of their hearts. Most have an interest or bias. The thing about numbers is you can usually manipulate them enough to say what you want to say.

I have no dog in this fight nor have I really researched $PLUG. I will say that I did see one analyst (who took a short view) estimate the equity placement was valued around $2.40/sh. for the institutional investor once you account for the warrants.
RAM 12
AG
CC moved to the 16th
aggiedaniel06
AG
So will someone smarter than me tell me what's going on?
FbgTxAg
AG
My guess is it will just bounce around in the upper 3s until Thursday.

Delaying the call might be good, might be bad.
byoung1052
AG
Yeah, pushing the call back makes me a little uneasy, it could be for either good or bad reasons, so who knows.

Hoping the positive news that has seemed to be nonstop of the past month and a half continues.
patmiller
Today should be interesting
pasquale
AG
so far so good
Ernest Tucker
AG
Great run up prior to cc
Post removed:
by user
jmed2010
AG
Their website cant handle the traffic
Post removed:
by user
byoung1052
AG
The volume is crazy.
CLB2008
AG
Well, not the direction I was expectjng today
FbgTxAg
AG
Well, the call was pretty blah. Nothing bad, but nothing new at all. So I guess this thing just bounces around between 3 and 4 for a month or two until something new is announced.
byoung1052
AG
I am extremely torn on PLUG right now - Do I sell out of my position and lock in an 80% gain or watch it bleed until more news comes out?
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm down to 3000 shares from 22,000 at one time early on. I'd pick up some more if it gets down around 3.00.
Ernest Tucker
AG
What do you guys think is a good target for re-entry?
Nagler
AG
How low we going?
Ernest Tucker
AG
3 looks like the mark
CLB2008
AG
Really need some positive news from this business trip to China to be released soon.
FbgTxAg
AG
Hard to see it dropping much lower than 3. That would seem to be the logical correction point. But sell-offs like this sometimes give folks cold-feet and they just cash in their chips.
chazman05
AG
Seeking Alpha had a big write up saying take profits while you can they dont see this thing making much more headway with out Huge Govt help/Subsidize.
CLB2008
AG
quote:
Seeking Alpha had a big write up saying take profits while you can they dont see this thing making much more headway with out Huge Govt help/Subsidize.

SA is garbage. Just sayin.
FbgTxAg
AG
I could write an article tomorrow and spike/tank any under $5 stock.

Agreed, I'll take stock tips from this forum before I will from SA.
chazman05
AG
They seem to be okay from my limited experience. Whos your favorite stock advisors besides txags 😉
dustinwill
Jumped on at $2.84 this morning, hopefully I am not showing up to the party as it ends
Post removed:
by user
aggiez71
Bought a small amount at $2.82 this morning, we'll see where it goes, might double up if it drops another chunk.
Ernest Tucker
AG
I doubled down as well at 2.85
pasquale
AG
do we see $2 or $3 first?
FbgTxAg
AG
What is up with this nose-dive? Just a scared sell-off?
chazman05
AG
Not sure, nearly everything is in a bit of a nose dive today.

[This message has been edited by chazman05 (edited 1/27/2014 3:02p).]

[This message has been edited by chazman05 (edited 1/27/2014 3:03p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.