Business & Investing
Sponsored by

PLUG

30,417 Views | 458 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by I bleed maroon
RAM 12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm guessing we won't find out till the October 8th conference call with Marsh
Ernest Tucker
AG
Guess we found out
aggiedaniel06
AG
Can anyone summarize what was discussed on that call?
RAM 12
AG
Yikes. A whole lot of bleh in that CC
Noble Men
AG
Was not on the call, but damn what a cliff.
RAM 12
AG
http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83979/PLUG/Plug-Power%2c-Inc----Business-Updates-Conference-Call#sthash.oJMda5cf.dpbs
FbgTxAg
chazman05
AG
From Andy Marsh
Sure, Steve. So the process is that we do expect to receive a non-compliance letter in the coming days and we will ask for a hear, and that hearing we would expect to occur in the next 30 to 45 days. At that hearing we will present why we believe our business prospects will allow the stock price to climb above $1, the NASDAQ will review and consider that, and could give us potentially a extension of a 180 days to allow us talk to over $1. If the NASDAQ, if we say that at the hearing they are not going to give us an extension, we will be most likely given a period where we will be able to reverse stocks, but and I would say that period just probably Steve is less than a month, and probably more in terms of 10 days or so. - See more at: http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83979/PLUG/Plug-Power,-Inc----Business-Updates-Conference-Call/Page/5#sthash.2uFvLLTy.dpuf
aggiez71
My emotions got the better of me, Im left holding the back from an emotional buy last tuesday at .73. Still long on this from .35 in one account, but my emotions are getting the better of me in my swing account. Lesson learned...
Basketball and Chain
AG
Bought at .37, sold at .64 today

I'll probably look to jump back in at some point
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
Another good open....do yall think it will correct at all back into the .50-.55 range?? I'm looking for another time to buy in some more

It corrected, now the question is whether it's a company worth investing in
aggiez71
long term, absolutely. The investment by Air Liquide was huge, and the latest stock selling they had at .54 had more demand than the supply could meet. They are aiming for EBITDA break-even by second or third quarter, and they have the cash to get them to that point. Costs are falling, the business plan is coming together, and they are getting more money in long term plans from service agreements and sales of hydrogen. All of that without mentioning the massive potential in foreign markets that they are poised to move into soon. Its a rough time for this company but theres a reason Warren Buffett invests in "struggling" companies. The fundamentals are there, this one will just take some time.

For the record, I have made a 100% gain on my investment but I am long from .35. For me, the idea that you make your money when you buy, not when you sell has me convinced that even with hard times, I bought so low that I won't lose on this deal. I have a stop loss set to lock in profits well north of my initial investment, so for me its a win/win with almost no risk and a ton of potential. That potential might not be realized until second or third quarter of next year, but as a long term hold I'm confident in it.
aggiez71
I have a buy order for .57 right now. It looked like it wanted to test the 200 EMA yesterday which is sitting around the low .50's. I don't want to play in a market that's fearing the budget issues we have coming next Thursday, so if it drops low enough, I'm back in at the .55-57 range for a swing.
FbgTxAg
AG
Bounced back to .656 currently.

Pretty big bounce actually.
Wrec86 Ag
Still confident in this one. Probably going to trade the swings.

I was in at .53, sold at .71
Now in at .59, trying to find my sell point, but I'm thinking it might be close to .72

Then it will dip again near the r/s (assuming it happens)
Wrec86 Ag
Out at .70 for an 18% gain.

It may run a little higher, but I think there's a fallback coming with the r/s and I'll buy back in then.

This should be above 1.0 within a few months, but I'm going to play the big waves up and down.
aggiez71
I'm playing the swings as well but I'm also still long from .35 in another account. I'm looking for a dip to .57-.60 and I'll move back in.
OE_Ag11
AG
Anyone ready anything to determine if the earnings report that comes out on the 14th is going to be positive or not? Have an order in for 0.50 but didn't clear when price dropped for whatever reason.

trying to figure out to buy or not tomorrow at slightly higher price
aggiez71
Im thinking its going to drop, so im waiting on something below .50 to be honest. I got stopped out at .50 for a nice gain, and if the call goes like last time, the price is going to fall hard thursday morning before it kicks back up. Hopefully it presents a nice buying opportunity.
Dill-Ag13
AG
aggiedaniel06
AG
How big of a deal do you guys think the recent NYSERDA funding PLUG received, is for the long term future of this company?
OE_Ag11
AG
I would think it should be. Gets them a new market and opens new doors for them. Also gets their name out there foe the tech.

what other big hydrogen fuel cell companies are there that are publically traded. Was trying to find more than just plug.to invest in.
patmiller
quote:
Im thinking its going to drop, so im waiting on something below .50 to be honest. I got stopped out at .50 for a nice gain, and if the call goes like last time, the price is going to fall hard thursday morning before it kicks back up. Hopefully it presents a nice buying opportunity.
. Agreed, if it drops to about .45 or so I'm gonna pick some up.
I bleed maroon
AG
Just hit .64 again! I recommended it to my brother who bought just over a week ago at .50, and he refuses to sell. Wish I would have bought a bit more.
aggiez71
Damn, I missed that run big time. Should have bought on the .53 support. Awesome outlook and CC though!
RAM 12
AG
Still running, tons of volume today so far in less than an hour!
Dill-Ag13
AG
Woulda coulda shoulda
FbgTxAg
AG
too many day traders in this thing
Ernest Tucker
AG
Making another run over the past couple of days. Anybody still in this one? Will it make it to a buck or will it go back down to .55-65 cents?
RAM 12
AG
I'm still in. Seems like there is some positive buzz surrounding the CC on Wednesday morning.
aggiez71
I got stopped out on that last big drop. Got back in last week at .66, im hoping it tests $1, they are announcing a multi site deal so im expecting very good results, im up a nice chunk in just a week
YouBet
AG
Still in. Pushing a 100% return. Gonna ride it out to bankruptcy or it taking off.
CLB2008
AG
just curious, how many shares do you guys hold?
RAM 12
AG
In between 0 and 10,000
YouBet
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.