Business & Investing
Sponsored by

PLUG

30,418 Views | 458 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by I bleed maroon
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It been a great run but now it's time to get out.
aggiedaniel06
AG
It been a great run but now it's time to get out.
chazman05
AG
Im all about taking profits, but when you say get out do you think it will go back down or suffer? Or you just taking profits along the way?
FbgTxAg
AG
Why on earth would you get out of this stock? This thing will be $5 by the end of next week.

Book it.
CLB2008
AG
Call scheduled for 1/14. Gotta think it will only go up between now and then...
RAM 12
AG
The only thing I think that will keep this stock down would be another secondary offering...which would make sense for the company unless they beat even their own projections of being profitable by mid-end of 2014.

Last time they raised 9MM with an 18MM shares offering at .54. If they did a 5MM offer right now they'd make 15MM at 3 bucks a pop.

Either way, an offerring wouldnt keep the stock down for long, and this run has been so much fun!
Lord Dark Helmet
AG
Do you think it's worth it to jump in at this point? I was in and pulled out after that last jump (I know...I know..) and I'm trying to decide if I missed the big move.
aggiedaniel06
AG
At 50 cents it was a no brainer. A huge risk but too much upside in the technology to ignore. At this point it's a coin flip. So at this point, if you've entered at the 50 cent levels it's better to take the profit. Best case it goes up by another buck or so but by the end of the year it could be back in mid 1's.
patmiller
I just jumped in... Missed the boat for too long on this one. I am kicking myself for not getting in it at .45 when I was going back and forth with it.
RAM 12
AG
4 dolla holla!!!!
CT-11
AG
Wow. It's just running wide open. Congrats to those who got in early. It's probably still a good play. The options went crazy on it.
RAM 12
AG
Sorry misread something.

[This message has been edited by Ram 12 (edited 1/7/2014 11:04a).]
FbgTxAg
AG
$4
byoung1052
AG
anyone looking to take profits at this level?
FbgTxAg
AG
This is a young business that had quite a few quality and tech issues early on, but seems to have lined all that stuff out for the most part and is now producing a quality, desirable product, and has momentum in the marketplace.

I don't see any reason to sell. They are ahead of profitability estimates and will be major players in this industry going forward.

This is no longer a pink-sheets, penny stock, high-risk company. I fully expect $5 by next week sometime (provided no negative news on the call Tuesday) and $10 by mid-summer.
byoung1052
AG
In that case, pick up more on the way up?
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
In that case, pick up more on the way up?

I hope you did this morning
byoung1052
AG
SA article is really hurting this one in after hours. I'm stuck too, due to a 14-day holding period with work.
FbgTxAg
AG
The Seeking Alpha article? What was negative in that?
patmiller
Definitely hurting it but that article
Is all about the past, not the future of this company. I got into it at 3.69... I'm gonna wait
Until the 14th to see what happens
FbgTxAg
AG
Oh I see the correct article. Was looking at the previous one.

Looks like a buy opportunity tomorrow.
Old Buffalo
AG
OGLight13
Think that the article will have long term effects on the stock?

[This message has been edited by OGLight13 (edited 1/8/2014 8:24p).]
patmiller
No
byoung1052
AG
There's a few very informative comments posted after the article that made me feel better about the situation. The main theme being that he only did a historical analysis and didn't note the recent developments.
FbgTxAg
AG
Charles Fox worked up a rebuttal and it's now on SA. Seems like it stemmed the sell off and shorts in Pre.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Panic sell offs
jmed2010
AG
wow that took a fast dive.
byoung1052
AG
anyone confident enough to buy in at this level? expecting further pullback tomorrow?
FbgTxAg
AG
I have an order in at $3.00. I'll buy again every 25 cent drop if it goes further down. If the call goes well Tuesday everyone will be piling back into this with reckless abandon.
chazman05
AG
So much for 3$, this thing is on the rise again! I picked up some long term options.
Noble Men
AG
quote:

Plug Power Inc. Announces $30.0 Million Registered Offering
LATHAM, N.Y., Jan. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plug Power Inc. (Nasdaq:PLUG), a leader in providing clean, reliable energy solutions, today announced that it has priced an underwritten registered offering of 10,000,000 shares of its common stock and accompanying warrants to purchase 4,000,000 shares of its common stock. The shares and the warrants will be sold together in a fixed combination, with each combination consisting of one share of common stock and 0.40 of a warrant to purchase one share of common stock, at a price to the public of $3.00 per fixed combination for gross proceeds of $30.0 million. The securities were placed with a single institutional investor. The warrants will have an exercise price of $4.00 per share, are immediately exercisable and will expire on January 15, 2019.
Cowen and
byoung1052
AG
what do you guys make of everything going on right now?

additional equity/warrants issued to institutional investor...back to back SA article bashing the company...conference call coming next week..

I'm locked in until Friday of next week due to a holding period so I'm just along for the ride at this point.
FbgTxAg
AG
Back to back SA bashing articles???

There was one written by a likely short, then a rebuttal by another guy that was very informative.

We all knew they had cash issues, and now they have addressed that.

Think it gets above $5 next week if the call is positive at all, which all indications are it will be.
Old Buffalo
AG
quote:
There was one written by a likely short, then a rebuttal by a likely long.

Let's call a spade a spade.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.