Tksymm7 said:
I think Simons makes a ton of sense for the Mavs. He was really good with the Celtics before they traded him to Chicago. The Brown, Pritchard and Simons trio was great in how they utilized them.
Now obviously you cannot play him for 10-15 minutes at a time because he'll give up as many as he scores, but if you use him in 5 minute spurts I think he can really help us.
I think he is a pretty ideal 6th man. Sure his defense sucks, but he is a guy that can create his own shot at a pretty high level and isn't dependent on someone else passing to him to make threes. He's historically been about a 35% pull up three point shooter, which is pretty decent, but he has shot super high on C&S as well.
Only 25% of his 2s are assisted. He doesn't get to the rim at a high rate, but shoots at a really high rate in the 3-16' range. Having someone that can create his own shot from multiple spots is really what you want from a 6th man type. I'd still start Max over him.