************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

92,783 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Max Power
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First preseason game was last night! The team looked incredible. KPJ has better control, AL-P looks more comfortable, Jalen is bigger, Tari is an animal and Jabari is smooth as silk.

Its time to get this season on the road.

LFG!!!!

(I've never started one of these threads, so I hope I did it right....)
WES2006AG
AG
In, and excited to see the young guys play.
mAgnoliAg
AG
In
zgood10
Ryan34
AG
We beat the **** out of the Spurs' JV team last night.
GigEmMortis
AG
Interstate 10 belongs to us. Spurs back where they belong.
TREX01
Long time Rocket fan but I've just not been able to give much attention to us since the end of the Harden era. What are we expecting this year?
WES2006AG
AG
TREX01 said:

Long time Rocket fan but I've just not been able to give much attention to us since the end of the Harden era. What are we expecting this year?
73-9 regular season and Jalen Green finals MVP in a sweep of the Bucks.

Anything else is a disappointment.
AG@RICE
AG
You really think we will lose 9 games? Moron. We are going undefeated.
WES2006AG
AG
AG@RICE said:

You really think we will lose 9 games? Moron. We are going undefeated.
I figure it will take a few weeks for our young guys to really gel together. We obviously don't lose any games after Christmas.
Unemployed
AG
Yes or No: You're okay if we tank for Victor Wembanyama or Scoot Anderson?
Ryan34
AG
RealTalk said:

Hell yes. Considering how young we are (especially once Eric Gordon is likely traded), I don't think that will be much of a decision either.
WES2006AG
AG
RealTalk said:

Not sure we will have a choice. Our youth will likely have us losing a bunch of games either way.
shano0603
AG
RealTalk said:

I'd do dirty things to get Victor.

We show a lot of promise, but this team is far from competing. Nightmare would be to finish in the 25ish spot. As long as we are one of the 5 picks that have roughly the same odds, that's fine. Jazz are trying their best to not win 10 games.
GigEmMortis
AG
A core of Victor, Green and Smith, along with pieces like Sengun and Eason, for 10+ years? Sign me the hell up
coastalAg
AG
Its going to be an interesting tanking race for bottom 3 record. Lots of worthy contenders.
Ryan34
AG

This is an easy choice. I don't know if a guy that big can stay healthy, but damn it's unreal watching him.
AG@RICE
AG
Road to 82-0 starts in 1 week.
gordo97
AG
I thought we were planning on going 0-82 so we can get Victor
CFTXAG10
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
Solid deal with only 1 year being fully guaranteed
AG@RICE
AG
I've been pretty meh about the KPJ experience, but I loooooove that deal. He has looked very sharp this preseason and I think he is going to make a real leap this year in terms of passing/assists. He seems to be more focused on working for the team and his feel for the game is improving. Either that contact looks like a great deal in 3 years or he is gone by the end of the season. Perfect. Love Stone.
AG@RICE
AG
Shhhhhhhhhh, step 1 of the tank is to absolutely pretend like you aren't tanking.

Secretly, I'm really worried about the tank. We might be slightly too good and try too hard. More importantly, you can't keep telling players winning is unimportant. That's part of Ben Simmons problem, he was raised in a culture of losing. You have to instil good habits in young players, and I don't think the staff will encourage tanking. I could easily see us picking at 6-7 next draft because of Jalen and Scoot's growth and because our new rookies absolutely ball out on D.
coastalAg
AG
Seeing our core come together this season and looking like a team capable making a leap with 60 million in cap space and a plethora of draft picks is a better place to be after this season than looking like dog **** for the third straight year and having more questions than answers.

YNWA_AG
AG
coastalAg said:

Seeing our core come together this season and looking like a team capable making a leap with 60 million in cap space and a plethora of draft picks is a better place to be after this season than looking like dog **** for the third straight year and having more questions than answers.

We might be using that cap to overpay for grant williams or cam johnson
AG@RICE
AG
YNWA_AG said:

coastalAg said:

We might be using that cap to overpay for grant williams or cam johnson
Raf Stone isn't going to turn into Bill O'brien overnight. The dude is incredibly bright and a savvy businessman. I got faith in our guy.
The Porkchop Express
I have checked out on the Rockets since they traded Harden and went tank mode after living and dying with them from 1981-2019 or so. I drafted Alperen Sengun in Fantasy Basketball this year to have a reason to follow them again. Really excited to see what Jabari Smith can become as well.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Zachary Klement
AG
Why is Fernando starting over Alpi?
Unemployed
AG
Good start to tanking for Wembenyama.
AG@RICE
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Why is Fernando starting over Alpi?
Fernando played ok. Sengun was terrible. 6 TOs...very sloppy.

Revised expectations....81-1
shano0603
AG
Gotta get better defensively. Ja carved us up tonight.

Still not sure why Bruno is starting over Sengun.
AG@RICE
AG
I think Eric Gordon is washed. He will probably end the year on our bench.
Ryan34
AG
AG@RICE said:

I think Eric Gordon is washed. He will probably end the year on our bench.

I'll be very surprised if we don't trade him.
Ryan34
AG
I was able to watch last night and was very impressed with the development of some of the younger guys. Last year, that game would have been a blowout with the end of bench guys getting playing time. I don't think we win very many more games this year than last, but I'm encouraged by the trajectory.
dovato
This team is still bad bunch of street ballers...Silas couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag..

The Turkish guy is garbage.

Jalen Green is good he will look good on the Warriors or Lakers when he inevitably gets traded.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.