Arsenal 2024-2025 Thread

47,706 Views | 999 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by zgolfz85
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woof we are really missing any creativity. They're playing a really compact defense and we having zero success playing through the lines
agdoc2001
AG
Useless Partey is useless.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
That's soft
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap Partey! Be better! Clumsy defending!
wangus12
AG
That's ridiculously soft
gougler08
AG
Raya is so good
OneBlitzer
AG
RAYA!!!! The hero we need!!!
wangus12
AG
Ball don't lie
FishyLamar
AG
Raya
agdoc2001
AG
Raya is a GD monster.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Highway Robbery!
Ag Since 83
AG
Remember those two months or so in 2022 when it looked like Gabriel Jesus was the answer to everything?

Other than finishing. He was always terrible at that
chjoak
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Remember those two months or so in 2022 when it looked like Gabriel Jesus was the answer to everything?

Other than finishing. He was always terrible at that
I like GJ but I think we need to move him next summer. Think we need to stick with 6'2"+ STs. I would either look for a younger understudy to Havertz that brings additional physicality (Ferguson?) or a starting quality ST (Vlahovic or Isak?) to allow Havertz to be used in variable roles.
wangus12
AG
Man what is it with this team and playing away in Europe. I get that we don't have Martin, but its been 3-4 years of bad play away from home in Europe
wangus12
AG
Need to change something offensively. Get Sterling and Nwaneri and see what happens
wangus12
AG
*********it Martinelli finish a ****ing chance for once
OneBlitzer
AG
Raya saved the penalty, the rebound and the match.
wangus12
AG
Not the end of the world, but man that was a disappointing performance. Only 2 shots on goal against a team thats letting teams score 2x a match in Serie is not good. Gonna be a long couple months if they can't figure out how to create something. Just gotta finish in the top 24 of the table for CL to advance.

We clearly decided we were happy with Nwaneri as depth for Odegaard by letting ESR and Vieira both go, but now we are going to refuse to give him any opportunity. Havertz was gassed for the last 15 minutes and he should have come on.
wangus12
AG
Obviously Atalanta's is high because of both the penalty and the rebound shot. Without those 2 shots, their xG was .14. But damn last weekend was .85 and now this. We cannot continue to play that bad offensively.

PJYoung
AG
It's almost like we lost our best player.
gougler08
AG
If we can get a draw with City I'd call it a very successful week overall, even if the offensive trend is worrisome
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
The former Arsenal boys have Fulham dominating Newcastle.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

The former Arsenal boys have Fulham dominating Newcastle.

Really enjoying Fulham right now
TXAggie2011
AG
agdoc2001
AG
Benny Blanco on the bench, not sure about that call
wangus12
AG
He does struggle with fast wingers sometimes so I can only assume thats why.
wangus12
AG
What I would give for a ****house win again.
TXAggie2011
AG
White has a minor knee issue, it seems, so long minutes apparently weren't an option anyways
agdoc2001
AG
But he has completely shut down Doku in the last 2 matches, so I'd have left him in if completely healthy.

I'd also have played Timber for Partey and swapped Trossard and Havertz, but what do I know?
OneBlitzer
AG
Timber and Calafiori will be intriguing to watch today. COYG!
TXAggie2011
AG
Havertz puts Rodri on his ass 3 seconds into the match
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Admittedly, I am new to the soccer scene, but they are making that like it was a significant act. To me, it looked like Rodrigo stepping in front of someone to take a cheap charge in basketball. Get up and play!
OneBlitzer
AG
WAY TOO EASY!!!
gougler08
AG
Well that's not ideal
AggieRob93
AG
I know Haaland is a rare talent, but a top striker for Arsenal would do wonders for the squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.