***** USMNT vs Iran WC Game Thread (11/29) *****

66,206 Views | 1367 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rudyjax
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no
AG
wangus12
AG
We didn't lose a game in 2010 either.
oh no
AG
Mr Bend It congratulating the Ggg

RED AG 98
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Sounds like bruised nads to me!

When I was in HS, a kid was screwing around in the weight room and hit me square in the junk with a 45# bar while I was benching. After rolling around and wailing like that Eh-rahn-ian towards the end of the 2nd half today, I vomited a few times and sat with a bag a ice for a few hours. The next morning I thought I had gangrene or something. I had no idea one could get that much color down there. Basically everything from hip bone to hip bone was some shade of blue, purple, yellow or green.

I think he'll play Saturday but will have literal blue balls for a several weeks.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Elephantitis of the nuts on that kid
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
There will be no appearance from Christian Pulisic Jr. at World Cup 2042 because he won't exist.
aggiephoenix02
oh no said:

Heck yeah, Big Tim Ream has been playing great…
Joseydog
AG
I have not watched as much soccer as I used too (dang kids and their Saturday morning soccer games), but I have been really impressed with Adams this tourney.
zgolfz85
AG
at least his nut didn't puncture and blow up like a grapefruit...he'd definitely not be playing Saturday in that case. Man, recovery going to suck...icing the nards is not easy to tolerate
wangus12
AG
I think Adam's is definitely on of the players at this World Cup that's likely to earn a big move thanks to the tourney
CoachRTM
AG
oh no said:

Tim Ream has been special. I'm not a huge soccer guy, so I get to learn about 80% of the roster every 4 years.

Ream has looked like one of our 2 best players to my untrained eye.
Pahdz
And this might have been his worst game of the group stage
YokelRidesAgain
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

There will be no appearance from Christian Pulisic Jr. at World Cup 2042 because he won't exist.
Oh come now. Surely one of them took the brunt of the hit. That's why we have two.

Trust me, I have a plus sign.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RED AG 98
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Oh come now. Surely one of them took the brunt of the hit. That's why we have two.

This, but a little different
deadbq03
AG
Assuming it's the balls and he can play Saturday, this might be a blessing in disguise… he got to rest 45 mins heading into knockouts.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

so you're good at the math? I guess that checks out.
wangus12
AG
Holy **** Fox News is showing highlights of the game with the undercard saying " Soccer Needs to be more Entertaining"

If you weren't entertained by that match I don't know what to tell you.
PJYoung
AG
He looks ok!!!!

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
stick95 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

zgolfz85 said:

I like Robinson, but does he have to make a good run every time only to put a little too much on it with the final touch and just hand it right over to a defenseman every friggin time? Like just once have a touch of finesse on that last touch and at least send in a hail mary-like cross...

Yeah. That happened every single time. Every.

It certainly happened a lot. IMO, this was his worst game this WC. His possession was pretty loose, and his touches were heavy. I am not saying that that he is a bad player... but we need him to play better than he did today.

I was really on him about this 2 years ago. He was dreadful. To his credit, he worked hard and is now serviceable. He had a few stinkers today, but is light years ahead of where he was. And damn, he is fast!
Seven Costanza
AG
The "OWWWW! OWWW!" guy was the most soccer thing ever.
jeffk
AG
He looks better than okay… like they game him the good drugs.
boogieman
AG
Oh yeah. He's got the good stuff. B hope they have a weeks supply.
Love it.
StinkyPinky
AG
Seven Costanza said:

The "OWWWW! OWWW!" guy was the most soccer thing ever.

What was even better was that he stopped for a second, saw Robinson walk up and then started again with renewed conviction
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

I think Adam's is definitely on of the players at this World Cup that's likely to earn a big move thanks to the tourney

**** No. he's taking Leeds to the Champions leagues
oragator
Feel terrible for their players. Both sides there using them as pawns in a much larger game.

Rudyjax
AG
Valtrex_11 said:

oh no said:

MLS schmell esss. Most of those Iranian players are in worse leagues than MLS. Our boys are fighting their asses off and our MLS guys like Zimmerman and Acosta have helped this group through qualifying and their coaches and teammates trust them.
yes that works against wales and Iran won't against the big boys

This is a day to be excited and positive grumpy.
LeonardSkinner
jeffk said:

CP high AF
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
jeffk said:

YokelRidesAgain
AG
oragator said:

Feel terrible for their players. Both sides there using them as pawns in a much larger game.
All kidding aside, I know several native Iranians professionally and all of them hate their country's government with a black passion. I would have thought potentially biased sample given that they have chosen to live in the US, but maybe not.

One thing that is not immediately apparent to most Americans from media coverage is the degree to which the 1979 revolution is an "OK Boomer" type of phenomenon. Their nutter Ayatollah's Twitter account (yep, actually a thing) is constantly making reference to "the previous regime". They seem obtuse to the reality that no one under 50 has any meaningful recollection of the previous regime. The women in particular seem to be of the opinion that if the previous regime meant you could walk around without a burqa and not get cracked upside the head, that doesn't sound so bad.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BBRex
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Maybe so, but if I were him I might release a few rounds before trying for Christian Jr. I wouldn't want to risk having a couple of Gumps.
La Bamba
AG
Gio's face. On another note, this feels like a meme waiting to happen. Love it.

E
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClkQnDkORx3/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=
YokelRidesAgain
AG
BBRex said:

Maybe so, but if I were him I might release a few rounds before trying for Christian Jr. I wouldn't want to risk having a couple of Gumps.
No worries, man. Sperms are flexible, kind of like a cat.

I would definitely wait a few weeks, though. Once he comes down from the fentanyl and wakes up tomorrow, it will hurt if anyone even looks down there.
carl spacklers hat
zgolfz85 said:

JJxvi said:

Reyna should have been on the field for the last 25-30 minutes. The US needed a player who would be able to receive the ball and if necessary force them to foul. That 5-4-1 with all those players was suicidal, nobody on the pitch was a player who would be able to hold up the ball high on the pitch. Pulisic doesn't give you much when you think about defense, but he is immeasurably valuable when the US do have a late lead, IMO.
totally agree....really my only major beef with ggg thus far. ggg has been frustrating at times in managing, but not near to the point I thought he would pre-tourney.

Reyna just seems like the obvious spark and just as confusing to me as England not going to Foden in the first 2 games.

I still want to see Christian and Gio on the field together for at least 15 mins or so.
Regarding the highlighted part of your comment, Southgate might just be a worse manager than GGG. I haven't perused any England fan chats but I have to imagine there are a lot of Brits saying the same regarding Foden. He's a dynamic player.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.