General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

203,089 Views | 2758 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Showstopper
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
City dont exactly look great. If Jackson and Haaland swapped shirts I dont think even Anthony Taylor could could keep that half under 3-0
Mathguy64
AG
And there goes Boehly out the door. His Pep clone manager is probably already on the hot seat.
TRM
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
Odds to be first manager sacked sky rocketing.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Odds to be first manager sacked sky rocketing.

Frank 3.0 is already on speed dial.
Dre_00
Everyone rightly gives United grief for signing Antony but can we spare a moment for Chelsea signing Enzo Fernanadez? Paid 120m for a guy who has looked average at best and has only managed to play in a little more than half of their games. Oh and he pissed off half of his team when he sang some racist BS while on international duty and thought it was a good idea to post it to Instagram.
JJxvi
AG
Please call him "Captain Enzo"
KCup17
AG
I thoroughly enjoy watching this version of Chelsea.
YNWA.2013
Showstopper
AG
Are we relying upon Spurs to beat City this year or no?
jnathan10
AG
Incredible!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Showstopper said:

I have a feeling Rooney may be close to being a permanent pundit.

I'm ok with that. I've liked him with Neville and Keane
YNWA.2013
Chelsea addressing an area of need this mornjng and signing Joao Felix to a 6 year contract. He joins Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Jackson, Nkunku, Pedro Neto, Cole Palmer, Casadei, Guiu, Broja, David Fofana, Deivid Washington, and Lukaku as forward options for the London club.
Furlock Bones
AG
close one. i wasn't sure Chelsea were going to have enough players registered to fill out a team this year.
Forum Troll
AG
Heard this morning Chelsea has a combined 190 years worth of active contracts, more than double the next closest team which is Spurs with 97. Lowest is Everton at 47.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Forum Troll said:

Heard this morning Chelsea has a combined 190 years worth of active contracts, more than double the next closest team which is Spurs with 97. Lowest is Everton at 47.

Holy ****
Furlock Bones
AG
that's incredible.
KCup17
AG
Apparently of the 42 first team options Maresca has he is only training with 21 of them and the rest are just training independently.
Chelsea loan army is about to be mobilized in force
Dre_00

Hahahaha...the man just kneecapped the whole Boehly philosophy of locking players into 8 year contracts. Took all of that "value", piled it up, doused it in gasoline and incinerated it in 3 seconds. Have fun offloading two dozen players on 8 year contracts who your manager just said have no chance of playing for him.

Poor guy is going to be out of a job by November.
deadbq03
AG
Supposedly Chelsea also structure these guys' compensation packages so that they make a more modest base wage, but tack on a bunch of lucrative add-ons. So players that play get paid a ton, but players who don't, get paid under the EPL average.

If true, this exacerbates the problem when the coach comes out and says dudes have no chance of making the playing squad.
Furlock Bones
AG
So much for VAR getting less involved. Giving a penalty to man Dhabi on slightest of contact after the ref clearly said no.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
That was weak AF! Oil money pays off yet again.
Furlock Bones
AG
It's the same thing I've said about Alabama for years. Why do the refs protect them? They are already the best team. They don't need the help. Man Dhabi getting a pen on a 50/50 call after the ref already said no and the league said VAR would be less intrusive is the same.
Out in Left Field
AG
Everton is having fun
oragator
KCup17
AG
Joelinton is my nomination for Houser of the day.
hoosierAG
AG
Mine is VAR in the disallowed winning goal for Bournemouth vs Newcastle. Just unbelievable.
Mathguy64
AG
That clothes line by Joelinton would make the Ultimate Warrior proud. I can't wait to hear why the EPL and PGMOL think that's not Violent Conduct.
deadbq03
AG
hoosierAG said:

Mine is VAR in the disallowed winning goal for Bournemouth vs Newcastle. Just unbelievable.
To me that one is close enough that the call on the field should've stood, so it's not egregiously bad in principle. Still something the ref should've gone to look at.

Also legit question for Mathguy or others because I feel like I'm taking crazy pills… is the shooter elbowing the defender enough to be a foul? I haven't seen anyone else talking about that, so it's probably just a case of me being ignorant and/or soft.

The play seemed reckless to me, but didn't look as bad as it could've been because the defender is clearly trying to avoid contact (and the elbow still barely hits him). If he had been brave and kept his head still, he would've gotten his clock absolutely cleaned, but surely would've drawn the foul in that case, right?
hoosierAG
AG
The ref ruled it a goal on the field, and then VAR said it was a factual hand ball and disallowed the goal. A factual hand ball?? At best it might have partially hit below his sleeve/shoulder (it didn't).
AustinScubaAg
AG
hoosierAG said:

The ref ruled it a goal on the field, and then VAR said it was a factual hand ball and disallowed the goal. A factual hand ball?? At best it might have partially hit below his sleeve/shoulder (it didn't).
Honestly even on replay it is un clear exactly where the ball hit. It may have been off the defenders shoulder.
Dre_00
Was factual hand ball ever a thing until a few weeks ago? It's so absurd. Like they're trying to establish an act in soccer as some sort of deep seeded truth about our universe. Can anything else be factual? Factual foul? Or if there's a factual hand ball then what is an opinion hand ball? Maybe a conspiracy hand ball? Was the hand ball actually an inside job?
Mathguy64
AG
The "factual handball" deal is just the language they are using. Like offside is "factual". It means the Referee doesn't need to come judge if it's handling.

The Law is very clear. If the ball hits your hand and goes directly into the net, it's handling and the goal is disallowed. It doesn't matter why it hit you.

The VAR judged it hit his arm below the armpit and it obviously went in the net. Like it or not, thats no goal.
Dre_00
Oh this is Grade A hate...love it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.