Chelsea 2014-2015 Thread

154,904 Views | 1844 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by monarch
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
PSG fouled Hazard NINE times. Veratti should've been sent off - period. It was PSG's strategy to take him out every time he touched the ball, and the ref let it happen. I don't know if it would've changed the result, but I'm sick and tired of refs allowing magically skilled players like Hazard get kicked up and down the pitch with impunity. Nobody pays to watch that ****.

Fouls committed: 20 each
Yellow Cards: 2 each

Everyone is talking about ****ty refereeing in the Burnley/Chelsea match (still haven't seen the replays yet). No one talked about it in the PSG/Chelsea match other than Chelsea fans. Even the English commentators were like "Well, he's calling it consistent both ways so you can't complain." Unless of course you're a Chelsea fan...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fouling Hazard as a strategy . The fact that you know he was fouled NINE times means that the referee was indeed calling fouls. You sound like a freaking Barca fan "We have skilled players that play the right way and if you foul them you should be carded or sent off".

Some officials let **** go...that's football so don't get butt hurt if it happens in a game you happen to be playing in. That doesn't make him a bad official. If he was blatantly making egregiously ****ty calls in favor of one team or inconsistently applying his definition of a foul or yellow card, that would make him a bad official. Then you can complain without sounding like a Chelsea drama queen.

And I did watch the PSG/Chelsea game.
Dre_00
quote:
quote:
PSG fouled Hazard NINE times. Veratti should've been sent off - period. It was PSG's strategy to take him out every time he touched the ball, and the ref let it happen. I don't know if it would've changed the result, but I'm sick and tired of refs allowing magically skilled players like Hazard get kicked up and down the pitch with impunity. Nobody pays to watch that ****.

You have no right to complain. Seriously stop and let go of the 2009 CL semi. You and all the other Chelsea fans are cry babies and you deserve shotty officiating.
I'm glad you finally see things my way Smithy...good on ya.
Old School Rucking
AG
If an official "lets **** go", then he is a poor official no matter how evenly he calls a match.

Barca fans are right. It is not an acceptable strategy to constantly foul a player, and you should get carded off the pitch for it.
texagbeliever
So who will be acting manager for when Mou gets suspended by the FA. He apparently requested to be on Sky Sports show this morning and then listed all the questionable refereeing decisions.
Gigem Trevas
Link to the interview today. Jose tore them a new one.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
So who will be acting manager for when Mou gets suspended by the FA. He apparently requested to be on Sky Sports show this morning and then listed all the questionable refereeing decisions.

Your Mum.
gougler08
AG
agsalaska
AG
So I missed most of Saturday but watched Sundays matches. I finally saw the play that got Matic's red card. I still dont see why so many people think the Burnley player did something wrong. It looked accidental to me. Sure, I guess when you slow it down it may look different, but it didn't happen in slow motion. It happened in real time.

And, for the record, I like Matic.
byfLuger41
AG
No comment.
byfLuger41
AG
Matic suspension reduced to 2 matches.

Meh.
Gigem Trevas
Happy birthday smith have a beer or three for me. Very cute girl too.
byfLuger41
AG
Thanks buddy! About to go crush some Corkscrew
Terk
AG
No one commenting on the Yokohama news yet?
byfLuger41
AG
Tyre

I had no idea! Kinda sad that we won't be sponsored by Samsung though. My entire house has Samsung electronics.
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
Ive never pulled for the club (started following in 07) when they weren't wearing Samsung, will take some getting used to.
Gigem Trevas
City lose.
byfLuger41
Gigem Trevas
Smith, you see the goal by Coutinho? Good ****ing god what a strike.
Gigem Trevas
Thankfully this wasn't the game on at 6. I would be asleep and miss The Chelsea game.
jeffk
AG
quote:
byfLuger41
AG
quote:

I watched all three goals while I was dropping Obama off at the pool.
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea team to face Tottenham:
Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Cahill, Fabregas; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.
Subs: Courtois, Filipe Luis, Ake, Oscar, Cuadrado, Drogba, and Remy.
Cahill in midfield? Wtf?
byfLuger41
AG
Whoa. Thought Oscar would have got the start.
Gigem Trevas
Correction. Zouma in midfield not Cahill.
byfLuger41
AG
Zouma in the MF.
byfLuger41
AG
Lol
Gigem Trevas
Smith. Do you remember that one game last year where we posted essentially the same message at 3 different times during the match?
byfLuger41
AG
Yeah!
Gigem Trevas
I'm shocked there hasn't been a card yet.
Gigem Trevas
I got a semi from that Willian pass.
Gigem Trevas
JT!
Old School Rucking
AG
Celery, Celery
If Fabregas don't grab her a$$,
We'll call on John Terry
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Celery, Celery
If Fabregas don't grab her a$$,
We'll call on John Terry
Gigem Trevas
Old School Rucking
AG
Roman almost cracked a smile.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.