Chelsea 2014-2015 Thread

154,862 Views | 1844 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by monarch
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You were impressed by my use of sophomoric, weren't you?

You had me at sophomoric.
Dre_00
quote:
To be fair, I haven't seen any Liverpool commentary saying he shouldn't have been given a red card. Plus he accepted full responsibility afterwards.

In response:

Except for apologizing to, you know, the person he stamped on.

I'd say you guys are virtually assured 1st come end of May. You need to lose 3-4 games in the run in for any team to have a chance of catching you...and they still would need to win all of their games in that scenario for you to do so.

If I had to pick 3-4 games you'd be most likely to lose, it would be:

vs. United
@ Arsenal
vs. Liverpool
@ West Brom

I'm not holding my breath.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, you guys got this one in the bag.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Yeah, you guys got this one in the bag.
jeffk
Joe Cole
Feel better after that 3, but still a ways to go and many tough teams to play

The ultimate goal is to clinch by the 3rd to last game and have Gerrard's butt out there giving us a guard of honor!

I hate pool, but would prefer to have United miss top 4 again. Now that doesn't look likely
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
The ultimate goal is to clinch by the 3rd to last game and have Gerrard's butt out there giving us a guard of honor!

I hate pool, but would prefer to have United miss top 4 again. Now that doesn't look likely
byfLuger41
AG
Of the 9 remaining matches we have scheduled, we have previously won 7 and drawn 2...

Of the 9 remaining matches we have scheduled, 5 are at home and 4 are away...

I like our chances!
Serotonin
AG
No BAS when it comes to CFC. Chelsea has it locked up.
Old School Rucking
AG
In Jose we trust.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
  • 2003-04 Arsenal: After the Gunners became the first Premier League team to go an entire season without losing a single match, manager Arsne Wenger joyously proclaimed that he would just coast on the accomplishment for the subsequent 15 years

Lulz
byfLuger41
AG
Also, he gets one more year:

and this is a pretty awesome read...noice
Old School Rucking
AG
One England captain, there's only one England captain!!!

Great article Smith, thanks for posting!
byfLuger41
AG
Matic goal versus Portugal
Old School Rucking
AG
Matic is only capable of scoring spectacular goals.
byfLuger41
AG
gougler08
AG
From the Guardian's recap of Euro 2016 qualifiers...thought Trevas would like this

quote:
2) Kompany becoming a liability for club and country

The phrase 'an uncharacteristic error from Vincent Kompany' became redundant at some point this season, or possibly even last, as the number of the Manchester City man's mistakes grew to such an extent that his supporters/apologists could no longer blame Martn Demichelis or Eliaquim Mangala. Kompany had an eventful evening during Belgium's qualifier against Israel in Tel Aviv too, firstly going slightly rogue by attempting a few keepie-uppies near the centre circle before launching an implausible volley from around 45 yards that sailed way over the bar safe to say a pass would probably have been the better option there. And then, with Belgium only 1-0 up, Kompany managed to get himself sent off for two yellow cards, the second coming after losing the ball with a stepover attempt and then trying to retrieve the situation by grabbing Eran Zahavi around the shoulders. Kompany looked stunned by the decision of Mark Clattenburg, but this left his team half an hour to survive in a qualifying match with 10 men, which they did, but it was hardly the work of a responsible captain. This used to be a defender on whom anyone could rely, his mistakes rare and his temperament steady, but not these days Kompany has now become a liability for both club and country.
Gigem Trevas
I saw the shot and his red card yesterday. I'm telling yall he's garbage and yall are finally starting to understand what I've seen for the last two years. Demichelis was solid all last year and this year but was thrown under the bus. He was often exposed due to kompany ****ing up. Demichelis isn't world class but he is consistent and doesn't do stupid **** like Kompany "one of the best CB's in the world".
Mathguy64
AG
The play where he got the second yellow was funny. If you see the clip watch closely. As Kompany grabs the Israeli player by the shoulder the other player reaches back and grabs Kompanys junk.
MorgansPoint
AG

MorgansPoint
AG

byfLuger41
AG
FYI,

Three of Chelsea's Barclays Premier League fixtures in May have been rescheduled due to live television coverage.

The details are as follows:

Chelsea versus Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge will now take place on Sunday 3 May with a 1.30pm kick-off.

Chelsea against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge is on Sunday 10 May, kick-off 4pm.

The away match at West Bromwich Albion will be played on Monday 18 May, kick-off 8pm.
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea team to face Stoke:
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.
Bench: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Ramires, Cuadrado, Drogba, Diego Costa.
byfLuger41
Gigem Trevas
Cool as can be.
Old School Rucking
AG
1-0
byfLuger41
AG
Boom!
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
Cool as can be.

Doesn't even look at the ball
Gigem Trevas
My lord.
GrapevineAg
byfLuger41
AG
Whoa
Old School Rucking
AG
Speechless
agsalaska
AG
Wow.
Gigem Trevas
Diego's done.
Old School Rucking
AG
Hamstring

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.