Chelsea 2014-2015 Thread

154,148 Views | 1844 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by monarch
Old School Rucking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did walk right into that one.

I honestly feel bad for Terry. He gets a lot of stick for a situation that could've happened to anyone.
gougler08
AG
quote:

I honestly feel bad for Terry. He gets a lot of stick for a situation that could've happened to anyone.
Obviously, ****ing a teammates wife and saying racist comments to opponents could happen to anyone, but 99% of people wouldn't do it.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Obviously, ****ing a teammates ex-wife and saying racist comments to opponents could happen to anyone, but 99% of people wouldn't do it.

FIFY
Gigem Trevas
Was Terry married at the time? If not I don't see the problem. If they were both single WGAS.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Was Terry married at the time? If not I don't see the problem. If they were both single WGAS.

Yes, he was married. Not that it matters, as the story was literally a press invention and all of the outlets that ran with it were forced to retract it.

Of course the damage was already done, he'll forever be guilty in the court of public opinion.
Kramer
AG
Any thoughts on the Nathan signing?
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

Take that stick out of your ass.

And no, we've been over this before. Only people who call their teammate a "black ****" will find themselves having to admit they called their teammate a "black ****." If we all had turrets, maybe it could happen to all of us.

quote:
There are a litany of reasons that England has grossly underachieved in international football, but John Terry is not one of them. In his prime he would've been starting CB (and likely captain) for any team in the world. He is the greatest defender in EPL history and a ****ing football legend.
Terry is a fantastic player. He's had a fantastic career. And yes, he's a legend. But not because he's a skilled captain- there's no need to pretend he's done a good job captaining England.
TXAggie2011
AG
p.s. Why is the Champions League Trophy in that picture? Wasn't Terry suspended for that game after cheap-shotting Alexis?
Old School Rucking
AG
^
Did John Terry shag your mother? Take that rubbish over to the Arsenal thread.

First of all, Ferdinand is a piece of **** (both of them). Secondly, have you ever said something in the heat of the moment that you regretted later? I think it could happen to anyone. Unfortunately for John Terry, he lives under the microscope of a tabloid press that makes the height of Johnny Manziel's media scrutiny look like relative anonymity.

There's only one England captain...
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
^
Did John Terry shag your mother? Take that rubbish over to the Arsenal thread.

First of all, Ferdinand is a piece of **** (both of them). Secondly, have you ever said something in the heat of the moment that you regretted later? I think it could happen to anyone. Unfortunately for John Terry, he lives under the microscope of a tabloid press that makes the height of Johnny Manziel's media scrutiny look like relative anonymity.

There's only one England captain...
I'm like a lot of Englishmen and Englishwomen that don't understand the admiration of John Terry's stint as England captain.

The team did jack **** under his watch. Are there lots of other reasons why England struggled during that period? Absolutely. But Terry hardly ever showed the ability to bring the team together. He hardly ever showed quality leadership- he was too busy stoking the fire to have a positive impact on the England dressing room.

Have I ever mumbled something I regret saying? Yep. Have I ever mumbled "black ****" under my breath? No. I'm not a mental midget. And it'd take an absolutely mental midget to say "black ****" on a football pitch during a televised game.

The English will prosecute a backup goalkeeper on a Wednesday evening amateur team for saying that. Except most English soccer players are not mental midgets and, apart from probably not being racist in the first place, have the self-control to never say that on a pitch.

John Terry is an exceptional football player who has had an exceptional career. I respect him a lot for that. But he is a mental midget that lacks self-control- whether it is losing control of his mouth or losing control of his knee. That's the complete opposite of what I expect from a captain, and I daresay you're one of the few people in this world that will ever mark John Terry down as one of England's great captains.

p.s. "Living under a microscope" is no excuse. That's the role of the England captain- you're supposed to be the guy in the limelight because you're supposed to be the guy on the team that can handle the attention with class, respect, dignity, and just about everything John Terry too often failed to do.
byfLuger41
AG
John Terry just speaks to me, often. His actions and blessings captivate my midget mind. Something about him just says I must follow. As a matter of fact, I love John Terry so much that I'm thinking about starting a church in his honor.

The Church of Latter Day Terry's

"Forgive the savior, for he knows no wrong."
Dre_00
quote:
quote:

Yes, he was married. Not that it matters, as the story was literally a press invention and all of the outlets that ran with it were forced to retract it.

Of course the damage was already done, he'll forever be guilty in the court of public opinion.

I'm sorry, what? Are you saying that John Terry never cheated on his wife and that the whole story was made up? Because I never saw anything even remotely suggesting that. In fact, when she finally had the opportunity to speak about, his wife didn't deny the allegations but merely said "I stand by him".

I get the reluctance to turn your back on club legends when they screw up. But the voracity and intensity with which some of you insist upon defending all of Terry's actions in an attempt to excuse them or explain them is hilarious.

Ryan Giggs is obviously a not so fantastic husband and I find it hard to disparage him greatly. But that doesn't mean that I'm going try and excuse or ignore the fact that he is a cheat. **** husband, talented footballer. There are a lot of flawed people playing football. No need to try and build them up as some sort of deity that they can never possibly live up to...

Except Paul Scholes...that guy is untouchable.

And, on the other end, Luis Suarez...that guy is Satan.
Kampfers
AG
I encourage you to read the interview the guardian did of Vanessa Perroncel. I always took Terry's affair as a fact as well, but reading said interview changed my opinion.

Regardless, people cheat on their wives all the time. I take a lot more issue with Terry's racism row than anything else he has done/been accused of.

edit - if you don't want to read the full interview, here are the apologies from 2 newspapers
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea team to face West Brom:
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Filipe Luis; Loftus-Cheek, Matic; Hazard, Fabregas, Remy; Diego Costa
Subs: Blackman, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Ake, Mikel, Cuadrado, and Brown.
byfLuger41
byfLuger41
AG
Hazard with his 100th EPL start today
Old School Rucking
AG
I hope we get to see Izzy Brown on the pitch today.
Gigem Trevas
Fabregas shown the red card after a massive scuffle between Diego and Jacob who both had an incident earlier this year.
Gigem Trevas
This game could easily have more red cards they way this is going.
Gigem Trevas
Terry should be off now.
Gigem Trevas
0-2.
gougler08
AG
Fabregas chipped a ball in to a group of people while the ref was trying to hand out punishment? Awesome
byfLuger41
AG
Felipe Luis has to go. He's an idiot.
Mathguy64
AG
I just saw that replay. WTF was Fabregas thinking? He drove that ball right at the players and ref from 30 yds. That may be the dumbest thing I have ever seen this side of idiots in adult league rec games. Im betting he gets more than 3 games.
Dre_00
I just wanted to say...I love Jose Mourinho. Lordy do I love him.
Dre_00
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I just saw that replay. WTF was Fabregas thinking? He drove that ball right at the players and ref from 30 yds. That may be the dumbest thing I have ever seen this side of idiots in adult league rec games. Im betting he gets more than 3 games.

Are you serious? Lol

It was completely unintentional. I'm betting he gets zero games because that straight red was retarded.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:

That post game interview was effing gold!
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you serious? Lol

It was completely unintentional. I'm betting he gets zero games because that straight red was retarded.

Uhh what? He will get the standard 3 for that
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you serious? Lol

He's toast. That's VC and yes he's retarded. He's a pro who can put a ball anywhere he wants to but you're right. From 30 yds he really didn't mean to hit that ball on a line at a group of players who had their back to him.
Old School Rucking
AG
If he was going to get a red card and sit out three games, I wish Cesc would've blasted a 70mph rocket into
Brunt's testes satchel.

What he did was immature, but it was weak to send him off for that. It certainly wasn't dangerous or done with intent to hurt anyone. Fletcher deserved a red.
Gigem Trevas
gig them
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you serious? Lol

Come on, Smith. Buddy. Come on.
Dre_00
quote:
Are you serious? Lol

I love you...but no.

He may not have been intending to specifically hit Brunt (or whoever it was) in the head but he was definitely intending on hitting someone. He wasn't just casually kicking the ball and it just "happened" to end up in area where all the West Brom players and ref were standing.

If he had turned around and fired that ball into the stands, he probably wouldn't have done so with the intent of hitting the dude in the grey jacket and blue jeans in row R, seat 25 but it would have been done with the intent of hitting a person (any person) in the stands. And that would have been a red card offense.
jeffk

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.