Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is it legal??????? (OU / Bomar scandal reported on TexAgs - 7 months ago)

901,525 Views | 2440 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Jock 07
txaggie04ci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this is unreal. getting my name in this thread.....
gr8n8
AG
I thought this place was under 'new' ownership. If that really is the case, they shouldn't do anything to this girl because it would make them look sooooo bad. It would ruin all the efforts they are making and statements they are claiming to try to save their name.
SC-AG
quote:
aggiegrant06
posted 2:41a, 1/30/2006

Why is everyone on here such a skeptic. This is rediculous. I guess unless you are posting pictures of hot girls, posts about our "great" players, or nutting your pants over what new unproven recruit we might get your post and you are just an idiot.

Classic!
JClark97
AG
Now time for our sponsor, Dr. Pepper, "It is the shiznit".

No seriously, I thought about this on my vacation to Schlitterbahn. I understand that a school cannot keep track of 500 athletes but how about the starting quarterback?

Props to AggieGrant and a punch below the belt for those stone throwers...
SPO_Rat_91
This is hilarious.
catorano
Cuterebra
AG
quote:
the fact that this problem was uncovered so long ago and was so easily dismissed as bogus at that time is just baffling.

Sure it was easily dismissed. It should have been. The burden of proof was on AggieGrant to convince the board that what he said was true. Had I read this in January, I would have been unconvinced. The fact that he has been vindicated does not change the fact that this message board must be vigilant about trolls spreading false rumors. AggieGrant is the one in a million that actually knew what he was talking about and it got lost in all the made up stuff about Buckley, JJ, or Zack Morris.

Do you guys believe every rumor that surfaces on these boards? You shouldn't.
Finn
AG
Keep it coming and Oliver Stone will have enough for a script.
Chase
AG
is right.

Can't believe it is still going this strong...figured it would slow down some over night, but its gained 25k views since about 3am. I'm off to golf, let's hope it hits 100k before I'm back.

"From boys to men, from one generation to the next, the game never ends," says Jackson. "And the legend continues."

TailG8TR
AG
Thank you AggieGrant for having the willingness to come forward - clearly before anyone else had an inkling of the scope of this - and disclose the facts as you saw them at that time.

I am sorry that so many were so skeptical of your words - but also understand the natural tendency to be wary since so many others just post 3rd hand hearsay - but glad that your words are on record from earlier this year.

Let all (ALL!!!) of us remember this episode and file it away when responding to future threads!

And let's hope that ALL programs take notice and police themselves even more closely!!

Good luck to you and yours Grant!

Gig 'Em!!!!
Post removed:
by user
Dynomite Dolemite
Holy S, I went to bed with this thread barely at 5 pages, awake and it's 16. This thing lives and breathes, LOL.
Jock 07
AG
Howdy
jojogun
AG
I knew the views would be amazing when I posted on this thread yesterday evening, but this is getting insane.

Very glad to see Aggiegrant is not swimming with the fishes!
Agwade_96
AG
HOLY COW!!!!!!!! Everyone was so fast to jump on this guy! Great work aggiegrant06!!
WC87
AG
In on page 16
AB2
AG
Wow, go to bed at 3, wake up at 10, 25K more page views.

Dayumn
stexraider
Congrats ags on a great thread...

Can't help but wonder why your school of honor and tradition is allowing those posters who have already been called out to make apologies haven't done so...

Please encourage them to make it right.

Don't let all of these other schools see TexAgs as a place where Ags eat their own.

Oh well - too late.

Cool_Hand
AG
If she gets canned I'm sure she can move to Texas and get a job with NO problem.

The main point in reading through the X Million posts is that he was being paid DURING the year and if the 1/100th is AP then this smells of a huge "cover up."

WOW!

TexAgs just moved passed CNN!!

[This message has been edited by Cool_Hand (edited 8/6/2006 10:46a).]
Goodfield Nohit
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the "fact" that Grant's gf knew of this activity, does not connect the dots to Stoops or anyone else in the OU Athletic Department.

However, if she or Grant sent an email to the OU staff (Castiglione, Compliance, Stoops, etc), or called them, or wrote them a letter, and can provide proof that they did so, then there is a huge smoking gun.

That being said, this is a damn good find, Grant.
PatriotAg02
AG
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!!!

I missed a busy night on here!!!

whoa!
AgShaun00
AG
i want in on this.

good call grant
schlobesky
Is this the most prolific post in the history of texags??

Just think, if this stuff actually had leaked out 7 months ago, we would've been responsible for this.
aggielostinETX
AG
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=667959&page=1&forum_id=5

HE LIVES!!
Cru
S
Not to rehash it, but how many hits did that suicide thread get?
vtfootballgirl
Nice job, Grant!

By the way, this has made it to techsideline.com, VT's board.
AB2
AG
I wouldn't call it "Ags eating their own," nor does it have anything to do with "being a school of honor and tradition."

Management of this site made that decision, unlike 99% of the internet, that you can't come on this board and make allegations of cheating at other schools without proof. It does nothing to help the board, and could in some cases open TexAgs up to liability.

Right or wrong, there is a certain "internet credibility" that many posters have, and that said poster didn't have at the time.

TexAgs staff acted in the only way that it could.

As for the people apologizing, I'm sure they will. This thread hasn't been reopened more than 18 hours yet...unlike the rest of us, some people don't live on the internet.
aggiegrantO6
WHO IS YOUR DADDY !!!!!
diablo loco
quote:
Can't help but wonder why your school of honor and tradition is allowing those posters who have already been called out to make apologies haven't done so...

Please encourage them to make it right.

Don't let all of these other schools see TexAgs as a place where Ags eat their own.

Oh well - too late.

What? Tradition and Honor of the school have nothing to do with this thread, message board, or the apologies of anonymous posters. Your logic is flawed.

On another note......
This thing will catch fire tomorrow morning about 10am when links start getting emailed in mass.

[This message has been edited by JFK_00 (edited 8/6/2006 10:33a).]
Chase
AG
quote:
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the "fact" that Grant's gf knew of this activity, does not connect the dots to Stoops or anyone else in the OU Athletic Department.

However, if she or Grant sent an email to the OU staff (Castiglione, Compliance, Stoops, etc), or called them, or wrote them a letter, and can provide proof that they did so, then there is a huge smoking gun.

Look at it this way, Goodfield, as I posted from someone else's observation on a different thread:

quote:
We knew Bomar worked there last summer and last year from all that has been said...that he seems to have worked during the season last year and that he was getting paid this year because of the paystubs seen by aggiegrant's GF and the reports of him clocking in during spring practice. So how can this be?

If, as OU says, they did a "complete and thorough investigation" of the AD incident with the car from about February - April 2006 and knew that (in their own words) 20-25 players had been employed at this dealership over the last few years, how did they NOT know that Bomar was still working there DURING their investigation?

They're trying to say a "complete and thorough investigation" didn't include finding out that their star QB worked there? They must have a VERY different idea of complete and thorough, because I would have started by saying "we've had a bunch of athletes work here...let's see their timesheets" right after checking about the car if I gave two squats about breaking the rules.
catorano
quote:
Not to rehash it, but how many hits did that suicide thread get?

Don't know but it was a lot. I was wondering if that guy made it.
Chase
AG
quote:

Look at it this way, Goodfield, as I posted from someone else's observation on a different thread:

quote:
We knew Bomar worked there last summer and last year from all that has been said...that he seems to have worked during the season last year and that he was getting paid this year because of the paystubs seen by aggiegrant's GF and the reports of him clocking in during spring practice. So how can this be?

If, as OU says, they did a "complete and thorough investigation" of the AD incident with the car from about February - April 2006 and knew that (in their own words) 20-25 players had been employed at this dealership over the last few years, how did they NOT know that Bomar was still working there DURING their investigation?

They're trying to say a "complete and thorough investigation" didn't include finding out that their star QB worked there? They must have a VERY different idea of complete and thorough, because I would have started by saying "we've had a bunch of athletes work here...let's see their timesheets" right after checking about the car if I gave two squats about breaking the rules.

"From boys to men, from one generation to the next, the game never ends," says Jackson. "And the legend continues."

Cru
S
he did. he posts on the GB now.
dlone
I'm abig fan of Big-12 football, but do miss the old Southwest Conference. After reading all of the comments I would only ask this. Do any of you really think that these type of going-ons with these car dealerships only happen at one school? I have first-hand knowledge that this has been going on since the early 80s and probably b/f then at schools in every division of the NCAA. Yes, it's happening at yopur school as well.
catorano
Good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.