Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is it legal??????? (OU / Bomar scandal reported on TexAgs - 7 months ago)

900,891 Views | 2440 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Jock 07
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
could it be possible that just one thread can blow a ncaa investigation wide open???

My thoughts too.

WatchOle...thanks for re-opening the thread and adding your comments. Last night before retiring (when it was only 5 pages long) I'd wondered if the date stamp was manipulated, as was stated over on an OU site. Thanks for clearing that part up.

AggieGrant...you are one amazing man. When will I see you on Letterman?
cr06gis
AG
55,000 views....unbelievable
usc 619
Wow, I can't believe the mods drop the ball on the biggest internet board tip ever! LMAO

[We didn't drop the ball. Due to the size of our web board, we tend to delete rumours that have no basis other than hearsay on our public boards. However, as this thread proves, we are also open to reinstating them if they are proven to be valid. We will continue this standard in the future. -Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 8/6/2006 7:34a).]
Jock 07
AG
56,000+
Señor Chang
AG
[We took care of it. -Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 8/6/2006 7:42a).]
aggiect85
Wow, I guess the Mods are up early this morning! Good job Mods, I think you will need to roll out the extra servers today and fire up the backup generators!! This only got rolling laast night so I bet today is going to be a true load test on your system. In all, I think the Mods handled this correctly.

Great job AggieGrant! I hope you and your girlfriend make it out of Soonerland alright. Somebody needs to step up and offer her a job!!
rustybq99
AG
57,000+

At this rate, 60K will probably come just after 8:30am.

edit - typo, and slight change

[This message has been edited by rustybq99 (edited 8/6/2006 7:45a).]
Senator Blutarski
AG
JOHN 3:16
Frisco - Ag
AG
I'm apart of history.
Jock 07
AG
Just wait till all the folks get to work tommorow
mccag
S
It was beauty that killed The Beast!
SoTxAg
AG
wild, crazy stuff.
ToddyHill
AG
aggiegrant06...

I've been struggling with a couple of questions...can you help me please?

1. Did Oswald act alone?
2. Was Landis 'juiced' when he won the Tour?
3. Where will my youngest go to college?

No need to ask when Billy takes us to The Final Four...he's already answered: SOON!!!
powerbiscuit
what kind of idiot would write checks to players.....only in oklahoma
Señor Chang
AG
How would you take the check to the bank and cash/deposit it? They would probably know who you were and I'm sure they would be suspicious if you brought in a big check every week or so.
Stupe
S
Direct Deposit. Even those have to be signed by the HR/Payroll dept.
Finn
AG
Good thing the season is a few weeks away.
G Martin 87
AG
Can't remember the link, but someone else posted that Bomar had bragged about the checks to a bank teller.

Two down, two (at least) still to be revealed. Who's the walk-on? Who got the sweet car deal?
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I saw the bank teller story also, but don't remember which school's forum had that.
Señor Chang
AG
pretty sure the car deal would be AD
mccag
S
$18,000 a year would only be 300+ a week and woudln't be seen as a red flag. It probably comes down to how many checks per year and how much per check. I had seen some one say 5 hours on some other thread, is that 5 hours a day, week or for the whole year. This could realy change the way things go around the NCAA. We all know it happens all the time, I just can't see it changing with the control isses around it.
Señor Chang
AG
Here's a post from Orange Power (OK St board) talking about this thread:

quote:
Very interesting. Stoops has known about this for a very long time, and after the AP car situation he was feeling a little heat. He felt maybe the ncaa would find out so he decided to make a big move to lessen the blow. From what I heard in Norman from a OU fan who is friends with Rufus that this situation goes so much deeper than anyone will ever know. I heard that it came down to a player vote as to which big time player had to go, in hopes that the NCAA would not investigate. AD got to stay and Bomar got canned. Stoops has already covered up the Peterson information so he is "safe" so to speak. BTW, anyone seen the car that Rufus is driving? Very, Very, odd that he has the funds to pull that off. I am not accusing any wrong doings, but WOW!!!
Fan
S
Wow! This is an amazing thread...both for the content and the number of views. I'm leaving the house for a couple of hours. I wonder what the view count will be up to when I return?
swampstander
AG
When does it hit 100,000 views?
Brat86
AG
This is all fine and well but lets get to the larger picture....is there any aggie out there that has a girlfriend that works in the payroll department at Hick's?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Here ya go, just in case the legend himself decides to edit the original posts...

quote:
I ill try to be as discrete as possible, because i din't want to implicate someone and then get sued. My girlfriend works in the office of a large dealership where we live. She has only been there about a month, and she was dealing with handing out payroll checks. She didn't recognize several of the names, and asked her boss. Her boos told her that she would take care of them, and that it was no big deal. She thought it was fishy and asked me....the checks were made out to football players of the local University, and even though they had never actually been to work there, they were recieving HUGE!!!! pay checks. On top of this a player was in buying a car recently, and when she say the finance stuff, he had only paid about 1/100th of the sticker price. Is this legal?

Your an ***hole. I was posting because I didn't know what the rules were. It is a true story, and I don't live in Texas.

To clarify, she had heard the names but did not recognize them. She asked me if I had ever heard of them, and I told her they were football players.

I am not lying, and I am not bull****ting. The school is OU, and the specific player is Bomar.

powerbiscuit
classof08
AG
aggiegrant06 is my hero
AgPilot98
AG
I too want to be a part of history. I want aggiegrant06 to predict the '06 football season results, I know he knows everything!
AgFan60
The link is now on the Texags home page.
AG
Way to go Aggiegrant! I will appologize for all the jerks on this board that flamed you for this post as well as ALL jerks on this board on ALL posts, since they're too immature to do it themselves. Typical of this board, shoot first, ask questions later.

Texags Thread of the YEAR!

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
ArizonaAg
cr06gis
AG
being viewed at around 2-3 views/sec......
97ag
AG
i had to add my name to the greatest texags thread ever.

aggiegrant is my hero!
cr06gis
AG
ok, maybe 4 views/sec lately

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.