Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

50,071 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friday's perfect. I'm heading south tomorrow to shop. Keep a mask on hand to comply.
BohunkAg
AG
I have one for West if you need it.
Captain Pablo
AG
Prognightmare said:

You see my post about the estate sale in downtown temple?
The one at "In The Mood"?
ProgN
Yes, I started a thread on here yesterday
agsalaska
AG
BohunkAg said:

I have one for West if you need it.
Thanks Bo.

I think we have it where we want it now. It is in front of the Governor and coming from multiple places.

If I had anything to say to these leagues it is do not cancel yet. I do not know if Abbott will change anything, but it will not be because he was not aware of the consequences of his decision on delaying competitive games until June 15th.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BohunkAg
AG
I will tell you it may have been doomed anyway. The problem was multifold...it wasn't just delaying the start, I know we had multiple parents telling the league they felt it was too soon and that they weren't going to let their kids play anyway.
agsalaska
AG
BohunkAg said:

I will tell you it may have been doomed anyway. The problem was multifold...it wasn't just delaying the start, I know we had multiple parents telling the league they felt it was too soon and that they weren't going to let their kids play anyway.
Thats the problem a lot of these real small associations were having. We have enough players in Belton to overcome that. In fact it is helping us. We know we are going to lose a few teams and have to combine some teams together which helps scheduling a ton. We have 14 coach pitch and I think 16 t ball. We will probably have 10 and 12 when we kick off.

It's nice though thinking that the parents are allowed to make that decision instead of the state making it for them. I have zero problem with those parents and respect their decisions. I have all kinds of problems with us not being allowed to decide.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
The chamber canceled the 4th of July parade.
ProgN
Facebook posts have indicated that BLM/Antifa Austin are in downtown Temple. I'm heading to Point 4 and will be there after they close.
mazzag
AG
Oh hell! Protect your property!
mazzag
AG
When'd you get on the Facebook?
mazzag
AG
mazzag said:

The chamber canceled the 4th of July parade.

Abbott was involved in this decision! And I apologize, not canceled, a virtual parade.
ProgN
mazzag said:

When'd you get on the Facebook?
I'm not, a friend of mine sent me a screenshot. I'm home now, no issues downtown and a heavy police presence was around.
agsalaska
AG
Ha. I'm reading this thread from a bar patio in Trinidad Colorado. Im trusting my neighbors to defend til the end.

And they had protests here today.
c-jags
I'm reading this from El Paso and my wife is in Houston. And we live close to downtown.

I'm hoping my neighbors have my back.
ProgN
The police found 2 pallets of bricks staged in an alley earlier today, but thankfully there were no issues tonight. Downtown was packed though.
mazzag
AG
Humble brag! What will you say when asked "have you traveled outside the region lately "?
mazzag
AG
Not a humble brag.
ProgN
c-jags said:

I'm reading this from El Paso and my wife is in Houston. And we live close to downtown.

I'm hoping my neighbors have my back.
No worries, it was packed downtown but everyone was cordial and respectful. Heavy police presence and "Open Carry Texas" was working with the police. I don't think Antifa showed up, or if they did, they didn't have the numbers to cause mayhem. Nothing broken and no fights.
agsalaska
AG
mazzag said:

Humble brag! What will you say when asked "have you traveled outside the region lately "?

Yea that's been on my mind. Its really not an issue in Texas, but they had the 'authority' in NM until last week to force out of state travelers to self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure they ever actually enforced it on a thru state traveler. But you never know. That part of the trip was pretty busy today with a lot of out of state plates. And we saw several cops. We did not and are not going to stop anywhere in NM.
ProgN
Side note, did y'all see the temp projection for next Tuesday? 103-110 is the forecast, not heat index. It's gonna be a hot summabich.
agsalaska
AG
Prognightmare said:

Side note, did y'all see the temp projection for next Tuesday? 103-110 is the forecast, not heat index. It's gonna be a hot summabich.

And the AC went out on my Pathfinder on the way here just north of Amarillo. Tje outside temperature was 100. Fortunately there were storms in New Mexico that cooled everything off.

Nobody here can fix it anytime soon. We are probably going to drive back at night early next week.
Bulldog73
AG
What brought you to the sex change capital of the world?
agsalaska
AG
Bulldog73 said:

What brought you to the sex change capital of the world?

Beautiful scenery. Cheap. Drivable. Partially open unlike NM. And, uh, relaxing.
mazzag
AG
Prognightmare said:

Shut your mouth!
mazzag
AG
agsalaska said:

mazzag said:

Yea that's been on my mind. Its really not an issue in Texas, but they had the 'authority' in NM until last week to force out of state travelers to self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure they ever actually enforced it on a thru state traveler. But you never know. That part of the trip was pretty busy today with a lot of out of state plates. And we saw several cops. We did not and are not going to stop anywhere in NM.

NM is a sheethole. Not all of it. But good grief! Fix the roads! Increase the speed limits! This side of Albuquerque to the Texas border looks like a meth trailer park.
c-jags
Prognightmare said:

Speaking of.... I got into El Paso late last night and couldn't get the AC working in the rental car. Drove out to Horizon City for my worksite... still couldn't get the AC working And it was hot at 9 AM. finished up around 4. It was 108 out here and no AC in a 2020 Ford Fusion. I had to drive down I10 to change the car out with window down just to survive.

I'm from San Angelo so I know dry and hot but this was a scorcher like I've never seen. I may burn my work clothes from today due to the permanent sweat stains.
mazzag
AG
1st world problems of domestic car owners.
ProgN
https://ktemnews.com/should-killeen-bell-county-make-wearing-masks-in-public-mandatory/
Quote:

Big cities all across Texas are asking Governor Abbott to consider making wearing masks in public to limit the spread of COVID-19 a "mandatory" action, and some cities like Waco have already issued proclamations ordering it their jurisdictions.

Which brings us to Killeen and Mayor Jose Segarra who, according to a report from the Killeen Daily Herald's Artie Phillips, says that he is in favor of requiring people to wear masks in public, adding that he was planning to propose the requirements be county-wide.

Segarra made the comments on Monday during a video meeting with county officials who are also considering the matter in light of the growing spike in cases over the last few days.

The problem, of course, is enforcing any "mask" order. While they are considering fines for businesses and individuals, in reality, getting the general public to follow along is going to be much tougher.

Hell to the no!
mazzag
AG
It's coming. He's already pressuring the Bell co judge to make businesses enforce masks.
mazzag
AG
And FWIW, I see a lot of Amazon purchases in my future.
Captain Pablo
AG
Does "in public" include "outdoors"

How stupid
c-jags
In a fun turn of news for us, my wife went with some friends to the beach and she briefly saw her friend's daughter during that who was returning from Pine Cove camps. Her daughter's counselor had a positive test, then the daughter tested positive.

One hug to a 14 year old and we're quarantined for 2 weeks.
agsalaska
AG
Almost sent my kid to Pine Cove. Ha.

I tried to go in the EZ Pawn on WS Young and 190 the other day and was turned away because of no mask. Only Bell Co business I know of that is enforcing any company policies.

I could care less what the county says. I am not wearing a mask. And I promise not to get within six feet of anyone.
Captain Pablo
AG
ddp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.