Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,887 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazzag said:

Are you moving to Arizona?

Bell County Autonomous Zone. Play on Seattle's CHAZ.
Captain Pablo
AG
"Staying home" for months is NOT a "small sacrifice"

I hope the best for you and your family

But insisting that healthy people barricade themselves in their homes and shutter their businesses, under the threat of incarceration or fine, is NOT a reasonable request

Not for a virus with at worst .25% mortality

God bless you and yours. Stay safe
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

mazzag said:

Are you moving to Arizona?

Bell County Autonomous Zone. Play on Seattle's CHAZ.

Oops!

Edit to add that would only happen where you live.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Pablo, if people would wear masks and social distance things could stay open. My one outing becauses my dogs toe nails were starting to hit her pads (she has to be at a place with a grinder, they are too tough to cut by hand), half the people in petsmart were letting kids run around and crowd up to me and others who were wearing masks and observing social distance rules. The adults would even crowd by the line of socially distanced people trying to check dogs in for grooming. I had to count 14 days before I could relax. Now her nails are almost that long again.

I priced a come to the house groomer, but now that I have moved to the metroplex they want over a hundred dollars to come to the house and cut her nails. Petsmart throws in a bath for 45. But I will probably pay the ransom for a come to the house groomer IF that groomer will wear a mask and stay distant from me.

I don't think asking people to wear a mask is a HUGE sacrifice but somehow it has become akin to following Satan. Like I said, I used to be on Texags all the time. Now it is once or twice a day and sometimes not that often.
Captain Pablo
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

Pablo, if people would wear masks and social distance things could stay open. My one outing becauses my dogs toe nails were starting to hit her pads (she has to be at a place with a grinder, they are too tough to cut by hand), half the people in petsmart were letting kids run around and crowd up to me and others who were wearing masks and observing social distance rules. The adults would even crowd by the line of socially distanced people trying to check dogs in for grooming. I had to count 14 days before I could relax. Now her nails are almost that long again.

I priced a come to the house groomer, but now that I have moved to the metroplex they want over a hundred dollars to come to the house and cut her nails. Petsmart throws in a bath for 45. But I will probably pay the ransom for a come to the house groomer IF that groomer will wear a mask and stay distant from me.

I don't think asking people to wear a mask is a HUGE sacrifice but somehow it has become akin to following Satan. Like I said, I used to be on Texags all the time. Now it is once or twice a day and sometimes not that often.

ok, I misunderstood

I thought you were saying, in addition to mask wearing, that a compulsory stay at home for months directive is a small sacrifice

I will never agree with that
BohunkAg
AG
agsalaska said:

You talking about that Premier place?

I took my test there six or eight weeks ago when I was sick. Its a nasal swab and took four days to get the results back.

I need to know now.
Premier doesn't have tests right now. They stopped doing them for a while for a couple reasons....first, the lab they were using to read the tests was taking so long to get the results back (because of volume), it wasn't worth it. People were having to wait a week. Second, their supplier of tests (manufacturer) had an issue with a batch of tests that got sent to someone somewhere and said they had to quit supplying tests for a while. It put Premier in quite a bind.
ProgN
c-jags said:

Love you all and hope that we can come out of the other side safe and having made Prog rich in 2020.
Thanks but even though our stores make more during the bar closures, I'd rather have normal sales with everyone being able to work and provide for their families. I know some neighbors that are really struggling and have so much fear and doubt in their eyes as to where their money for the family will come from. The extra sales mean nothing to me when I see that occurring to good people.
agsalaska
AG
We moved here in Jan 2015 after our company that I was with for 15 years was bought out and we were sent packing. We made a conscious decision to live our lives where two $10 an hour jobs could cover everything. We put a huge down payment on a smaller house by the lake and have no car payments.

It took a little getting used too not having a new truck every three years, no pool, etc, but in hindsight it was the best decision we ever made. It is the only way we are getting thru this since the soldiers are not moving in and out of Hood. I would be a wreck right now if I still had the same expenses I had six years ago.

Minimalist is a mindset, and a liberating one at that.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
Agreed, but some of them are young and starting out with little ones.
c-jags
Prognightmare said:

c-jags said:

Love you all and hope that we can come out of the other side safe and having made Prog rich in 2020.
Thanks but even though our stores make more during the bar closures, I'd rather have normal sales with everyone being able to work and provide for their families. I know some neighbors that are really struggling and have so much fear and doubt in their eyes as to where their money for the family will come from. The extra sales mean nothing to me when I see that occurring to good people.

It was meant in jest. Of course we want all jobs back, even though I'm not much of a bar frequenter.

Alaska, does your company focus mainly in Killeen? I ask because a friend of mine that is a realtor, has mostly been doing well during covid because of Doctors in Temple/Belton. Was just curious if y'all had a different focus.
agsalaska
AG
Prognightmare said:

Agreed, but some of them are young and starting out with little ones.
Oh I understand. I certainly sympathize with them. If it was 2010 and not 2020 I would be right there with them.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
I early voted today. Had to use a pencil on the touch screen yet the stylus used to sign in was shared over and over. The doors were Lysol'd down though.
agsalaska
AG
For the record, I was pretty critical of BYBA in the fall for how they handled something. But if any of you see a board member or BYBA or BYSA thank them for their efforts to keep our kids active and on the field. They are not flinching, and neither is the city who owns our park. I wish everyone had their mindset. Be careful but move forward.
BohunkAg
AG
What a great use of Waco Police.

ProgN
Went to Walmart today with my mask in my back pocket. No one said a thing.
mazzag
AG
Same for Billy at Lowe's In Killeen and temple. I'll kick him in the gut later. comply dammit!
ProgN
BohunkAg
AG
Elective surgeries shut down in McLennan, but not Bell County

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/07/04/local-health-district-confirms-2-more-covid-19-deaths/
GIF Reactor
AG
Prognightmare said:

c-jags said:

Yet you refuse to make a simple gesture by wearing a mask?
mazzag
AG
WTH? Seriously? Go to the covid board with "masks work" bs and then ask Little Joe about that crap.

https://www.kxxv.com/news/coronavirus/tejano-music-legend-little-joe-announces-positive-covid-19-test
ProgN
1) Cloth masks are useless against a vIrus.
2). Our stores have ample room so 6 ft social distancing is not a problem.
3). Liquor stores are susceptible to robberies so insurance options are limited.
4). Masks are usually worn by people that hold up up liquor stores.

I hope that helps.
GIF Reactor
AG
Mazzag, there are also countless articles in favor of wearing a mask, not to mention recommended by the CDC. The mixed messages are frustrating, no doubt about that, but would you not err to the of caution, especially in high trafficked locations like Lowe's?

Prog, my comment was in reference to your Walmart visit post.
mazzag
AG
You mean high traffic locations that were essential during the SIP but masks weren't required? Those were the days.
GIF Reactor
AG
mazzag said:

You mean high traffic locations that were essential during the SIP but masks weren't required? Those were the days.

Perhaps they should have been. I believe that knowledge on a subject can evolve.
BohunkAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

1) Cloth masks are useless against a vIrus.
2). Our stores have ample room so 6 ft social distancing is not a problem.
3). Liquor stores are susceptible to robberies so insurance options are limited.
4). Masks are usually worn by people that hold up up liquor stores.

I hope that helps.
Interestingly, one of the places that has been the most rigid with the rules through all this has been Twin Liquors here in Waco. They are corporate owned, but man they are only letting so many people in the store and yadda yadda. And yeah I think about all the time the mask thing and robberies.
ProgN
Electrical_Ag said:

Mazzag, there are also countless articles in favor of wearing a mask, not to mention recommended by the CDC. The mixed messages are frustrating, no doubt about that, but would you not err to the of caution, especially in high trafficked locations like Lowe's?

Cloth is a useless sense of security due to the tiny size of viruses. It does more to perpetuate public hysteria that it does offering protection from the virus. Especially with a virus with a 99.6% survival rate.
aggiejet
GIF Reactor
AG
Prognightmare said:

Electrical_Ag said:

Cloth is a useless sense of security due to the tiny size of viruses. It does more to perpetuate public hysteria that it does offering protection from the virus. Especially with a virus with a 99.6% survival rate.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not saying it would guarantee the elimination of the virus or that no virus makes it through, but I'll accept the recommendation of the CDC that it helps slow the spread of the virus. If the medical community updates that recommendation I'll evaluate it again. I would rather err to the side of caution and be a good neighbor.

BohunkAg
AG
uhhh, what the hell is going on here?

Bulldog73
AG
The completely un-inside information I have is due to being caught fudging the numbers much higher than actual cases.
mazzag
agsalaska
AG
Going to need to activate the 48 hour rule on that one. Not saying it's not true. Just need to see that verified.
ProgN
Funny story from Saturday night.

Michael and I was at a swim party at a friend's house in Woodland Trails and they asked me to go on an alcohol run. I went to Point 1 in Morgan's Point. We have a young new girl that was working, I've only met her briefly once. As I parked and was walking in she point to the mask sign and told me to get a mask. I walked in and she said,

Her: Sir, you will need to put on a mask.

I told her that if 6' social distancing is available then masks are not required.

Her: "Sir you will put on a mask or I'm calling the police to have you removed from the store"

I smiled and told her there was no way that was going to happen. Then she recognized me.

I know, cool story bro.
Bulldog73
AG
McLennan county just announced schools can't open until Sept. 7. Online is allowed, but nothing in person.

BohunkAg
AG
Bulldog73 said:

McClennan county just announced schools can't open until Sept. 7. Online is allowed, but nothing in person.

Online school is worthless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.