Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,859 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazzag said:

He really is. He did my daughter's S&C after she broke her tibia 3 years ago and I haven't stopped going. But I'm sure for you it was a haul. I didn't realize $27 per month was high. O well. I'll stay loyal as long as I can.
It's not bad for 1 gym but I pay $30:for T3 already
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.wacotrib.com/news/government/local-officials-warn-of-july-disaster-if-covid-19-spread-continues-to-accelerate/article_39f16609-f4c3-54d6-9f0a-6d70b643b82c.html

The CEO of the Family Health Center is using the phrase "July Disaster." What a bedwetter.
agsalaska
AG
We have a baseball tournament in Lorena this weekend and received an email last night saying that all persons not directly participating in the games must wear a mask. No age limit, no exemptions for the two special needs kids who are siblings of our players, nothing. 'Everyone' is what it says.

I am pretty sure the fields are city owned, though I have never been there.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG

EMY92
AG
BohunkAg said:

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/government/local-officials-warn-of-july-disaster-if-covid-19-spread-continues-to-accelerate/article_39f16609-f4c3-54d6-9f0a-6d70b643b82c.html

The CEO of the Family Health Center is using the phrase "July Disaster." What a bedwetter.
I saw that we had 13 people hospitalized in McLennan Co for covid.

Sure, more people are testing positive, but it does not look like we have too many serious cases.
GIF Reactor
AG
My stance is that I don't personally want to wear a mask, but will do so if recommended by the medical professionals. I don't have a problem with it and am not in a position to have to wear them for extended periods of time. I view it similarly (I think) to c-jags, in that I do it as an act of charity to my neighbors.
agsalaska
AG
Im going to the store tomorrow and buying a months worth of groceries. Then to the liquor store for a months worth of vodka and Copenhagen.

I will avoid at all costs wearing a mask. I probably can get away with it at work unless I am going into a Title office.

Its baseball and work for the next two weeks.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
agsalaska said:

Im going to the store tomorrow and buying a months worth of groceries. Then to the liquor store for a months worth of vodka and Copenhagen.

I will avoid at all costs wearing a mask. I probably can get away with it at work unless I am going into a Title office.

Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Y'all Are playing baseball?
agsalaska
AG
Yes we are. We lobbied Abbott and it worked. Hugh Shine deserves a lot of credit for that and believe it or not so does Channel 25 in Waco. So do the Houston reps.

We are playing a 9 week Belton rec league season with a tournament at the end. Then we are playing three or four weekend tournaments. We play in Lorena this weekend.

I will admit I sometimes live vicariously thru my 8 year old son. But I coach him and its a lot of fun. Heritage Park was rocking tonight.
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Yes we are. We lobbied Abbott and it worked. Hugh Shine deserves a lot of credit for that and believe it or not so does Channel 25 in Waco. So do the Houston reps.

We are playing a 9 week Belton rec league season with a tournament at the end. Then we are playing three or four weekend tournaments. We play in Lorena this weekend.

I will admit I sometimes live vicariously thru my 8 year old son. But I coach him and its a lot of fun. Heritage Park was rocking tonight.

As long as y'all are playing. Sounds great!
ProgN
agsalaska said:

That kicks ass! Way to fight for all the kids.
Captain Pablo
AG
Well, since you are a proven lobbyist, can you get Abbott to reopen the bars?
agsalaska
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Well, since you are a proven lobbyist, can you get Abbott to reopen the bars?
Ha. Thats the first time I have lobbied in eight years, the first time I have done it for free, and also the first time I have ever done it in Texas.

Sorry, I am out of business. Right there with the bars.

agsalaska
AG
That a boy Bell Co!!

Masks not required

BohunkAg
AG
agsalaska said:

That a boy Bell Co!!

Masks not required

Some common sense. I'm guessing Deaver is not going to do so anytime soon. I've noticed that Judge Felton (McLennan County Judge) has not followed yet though, so that's encouraging.
BohunkAg
AG
McLennan Co commissioners deferred until at least Tuesday

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/06/29/mclennan-commissioners-defer-action-on-face-mask-order/
aggiejet
AG
Hopefully they will do what the Bell Co. commissioners did, but I'm not holding my breath.
BohunkAg
AG
Well I'll be darned.....

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/06/29/mclennan-commissioners-defer-action-on-face-mask-order/

Quote:

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - After deferring the issue for a day, McLennan County commissioners decided Tuesday against issuing a countywide order directing businesses to require customers and employees to wear face masks.

Saying the potential fine of $1,000 for violators was too onerous, commissioners agreed instead to issue a directive that says residents should wear face coverings in public places and that businesses should develop health plans that include the use of face masks.
aggiejet
AG
Wow! Truly shocked and glad they agreed with Bell Co.
ProgN
https://www.tdtnews.com/news/central_texas_news/article_4c2dcdd8-bbf1-11ea-81a4-e750214b0113.html
Quote:

After the Bell County Commissioners Court killed a mask mandate this week hours after it went into effect, Killeen Mayor Jose Segarra announced Wednesday the county's largest city will require businesses to enforce facial coverings for all patrons.

How can a mayor override County Commissioners?
BohunkAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.tdtnews.com/news/central_texas_news/article_4c2dcdd8-bbf1-11ea-81a4-e750214b0113.html
Quote:

After the Bell County Commissioners Court killed a mask mandate this week hours after it went into effect, Killeen Mayor Jose Segarra announced Wednesday the county's largest city will require businesses to enforce facial coverings for all patrons.

How can a mayor override County Commissioners?
Not overriding...providing guidelines in place for the city that aren't in place countywide. Same thing is going on in McLennan. Waco, Woodway, Hewitt have mask rules in place. The county as a while don't. Got some interesting insight today about how Deaver thinks by the way....can't share from where. Basically making these rules because they feel the constituency as a whole isn't smart enough to take steps to protect themselves. The old Ridgewood ivory tower mindset.
ProgN
Temple city council is meeting tonight about mandatory masks and inviting public comment. If I didn't have my son this week I'd go down there and inform them they're ignorant if they require.
mazzag
AG
F ing just made them mandatory
agsalaska
AG
Who did
mazzag
AG
Sorry. Abbott. Also gatherings of 10 or less are back.
agsalaska
AG
mazzag said:

Sorry. Abbott. Also gatherings of 10 or less are back.
I don't think any of that changed today. That is all fake news. He gave that power to local authorities over a week ago.

The media is all about fake news.
mazzag
AG
https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/texas/governor-abbott-orders-statewide-use-of-face-masks
agsalaska
AG
Yea so there is a separate 'proclamation'

How any of this is legal I have no idea. I am assuming it is from the disaster declaration.
mazzag
AG
I don't understand any of it. Is he putting gatherings on counties?
agsalaska
AG
He exempted everything in paragraphs 1,2,and 4 from his June 26 GA-28 order. Which includes Rec baseball which is BYBA and BYSA which is all I care about right now.

Have a game tonight.
mazzag
AG
Prognightmare said:

Temple city council is meeting tonight about mandatory masks and inviting public comment. If I didn't have my son this week I'd go down there and inform them they're ignorant if they require.

https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/bell-county/city-of-temple-cancels-4th-of-july-drive-in-fireworks-show

Speak with your vote.
agsalaska
AG
Wildflower cancelled too
mazzag
AG
A drive thru fireworks show? I didn't know wildflower did one.
ProgN
Wow, how pathetic

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.