Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,250 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
State championship kicks off tonight at both Heritage Park and Chisolm Trail for 8u and 10u boys. If anyone wants to get out and see some good baseball there will be a lot of it this week in Belton.

Temple is also hosting but I am not sure what age groups.

Go Rebels!!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ag0207
AG
Do you have a kiddo on the Rebels 8U? My sons team scrimmaged them (the 8U team) last week for a warm up for the tournament. Should be a fun/busy week. We are so thankful that the kids are able to play right now as it allows them some level of normalcy.
agsalaska
AG
Yes. My son is on Rebels. I was the first base coach/home umpire throw the ball back guy.

Yall had a kid playing pitcher wearing an Aggies uniform. I told him he had the best looking uniform on the field.

Baseball has meant so much to us this summer.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ag0207
AG
Unfortunately the teams regular uniforms are hideous. Here we are in central Texas & we have to look at uniforms themed for LSU & Alabama. Good luck this week!
agsalaska
AG
Where else would anyone want to be!!
agsalaska
AG
ag0207 said:

Unfortunately the teams regular uniforms are hideous. Here we are in central Texas & we have to look at uniforms themed for LSU & Alabama. Good luck this week!

I'm sitting in the outfield watching the game before yall. These kids from Troup can play a little.

My sons best friend is on your team by the way.
mazzag
AG
Keep it to covid. And do Waco have a board?
agsalaska
AG
mazzag said:

Keep it to covid. And do Waco have a board?
OK.

So the social distancing situation was really good tonight in my opinion. Plenty of room was made available and also utilized by the large crowds. And as you would expect the people are not concerned about it for whatever reason were gathered behind home plate. I spent time in both areas after our game. It may have been the biggest crowd I have ever seen at Heritage Park for baseball. Well over 1000 people at any time. Probably closer to 2000 for the entire night.

And if you didnt want to catch COVID, no problem. Plenty of room. And if you DGAF then the party in circus in the center of the grounds was on.
ag0207
AG
The Bengals did not come to play last night. The Temple team we played was ok but I felt our kids didn't have their best game. I don't know if it was the late start (we started 8:45) or just a bunch of 7/8 year olds that couldn't focus.

I will say the complex was a mad house when we first got there. It was crowded with people on top of each other by the press box/concessions. After the early games cleared out it wasn't near as bad. If someone did have the Rona I guess we will see how contagious it is.

That Troup team that played before our game was legit. Don't know what they are feeding those East Texas boys but they were big & could play.

How did the rebels do?
agsalaska
AG
We won 11-3. First time I have ever seen us not make a single error. They also never threw to the wrong base. We didn't hit as well as we could but hopefully that gets better as the week goes on. We play Jarrell tonight over at Chisolm.

Yea Troup can play and their fans are 100% in it. I thought they were great last night. Rogers is going to be a tough game too.

Good luck tonight. Looks like you get two if yall win the first one.
c-jags
sorry to keep this off topic on baseball... but i guess the new crossroads park isn't opened to ball yet? I know y'all are obviously playing IN Belton, but i figured there would be some games there.

i've really only been around the place on runs out at pepper creek in the dark, but i just haven't seen it in the day to see whether it's ready or not.

back to covid...
agsalaska
AG
It's ok. Baseball is a much better topic.

I think it is open. Someone was telling me the other day they had a crowd at it a few weekends ago. But the Temple youth league decided to play at the old park this season and it didnt host any USSSA tournaments. But I think that is all going to change in the fall.
ProgN
c-jags said:

sorry to keep this off topic on baseball... but i guess the new crossroads park isn't opened to ball yet? I know y'all are obviously playing IN Belton, but i figured there would be some games there.

i've really only been around the place on runs out at pepper creek in the dark, but i just haven't seen it in the day to see whether it's ready or not.

back to covid...
It's open. Matter a fact I'm taking my son to watch his best friend play T-ball tonight at 6pm.

On another note, I toured T3 gym today, formerly Gym-X, and it is amazing. They will have a soft reopening this Saturday.
c-jags
Really glad for Ike to have that done.

OG and T3 are vastly different places but they're both good guys and I enjoy them both for different reasons. Glad they're both having success.
ProgN
I've known Ike a LONG time.
BohunkAg
AG
aggiejet
AG
Whoop! Yes sir, we just heard. My junior is more than pleased tonight. Football starts on Monday again!
BohunkAg
AG
West starts football practice Monday!
aggiejet
AG
Awesome! We are too at Bruceville-Eddy. Was going to stink to be a month behind some other schools in our district. Now it's back to a level playing field as it should be. My junior LB is beyond pumped & ready!
mazzag
AG
Our BISD leaders are sheeples.

https://www.bisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=27&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=3806&PageID=1
c-jags
mazzag said:

Our BISD leaders are sheeples.

https://www.bisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=27&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=3806&PageID=1

is there anything bad there other than the pushed back start date and ending date?
mazzag
AG
Not really. But the dates make no sense. Does that mean school ends June 9 but then starts August 19 next year, making for a shorter summer? Other ISD's decided to start on time.
BohunkAg
AG
mazzag said:

Not really. But the dates make no sense. Does that mean school ends June 9 but then starts August 19 next year, making for a shorter summer? Other ISD's decided to start on time.

At least the kids will get in the same number of learning days and since the schools are 5A/6A all the athletics will get in everything. Wasn't going to happen for the 4A and under schools a couple weeks ago.
agsalaska
AG
Since I have adopted this thread as my go to baseball thread(sorry), Belton's best two 8u teams face off tonight at 8:30 on Field 3 at Heritage in Seimfinals or winners bracket final, however you look at it. It is the Rebels Vs Tide(SEC baby!!). A third Belton team is also still playing and could come out of the losers bracket.

I'm telling you, if you want something to do tonight and like baseball, watching these kids play is awesome. I have seen my share of youth baseball and the kids on all three Belton teams are really really good. There is a ton of talent in this town. Hopefully they can hold it together and one day dominate UIL.

Go Rebels!!

To make it Covid related, we in Belton did not let Covid end our season like so many other towns.
ProgN
That's because of adults like you that fought for it, that's leadership, good job.
agsalaska
AG
Thanks. This week makes it all worth it.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

Since I have adopted this thread as my go to baseball thread(sorry), Belton's best two 8u teams face off tonight at 8:30 on Field 3 at Heritage in Seimfinals or winners bracket final, however you look at it. It is the Rebels Vs Tide(SEC baby!!). A third Belton team is also still playing and could come out of the losers bracket.

I'm telling you, if you want something to do tonight and like baseball, watching these kids play is awesome. I have seen my share of youth baseball and the kids on all three Belton teams are really really good. There is a ton of talent in this town. Hopefully they can hold it together and one day dominate UIL.

Go Rebels!!

To make it Covid related, we in Belton did not let Covid end our season like so many other towns.
i would actually really like to come out and watch as my wife and kids are out of town, but i'm in the final stages of remodeling my upstairs apartment. i don't get many times where i can knock out a project without taking away from family time.

good luck to all the 254 teams.
c-jags
are there games tonight? if so, is there admission? i might knock this thing out today.
agsalaska
AG
Yes. At 6pm. We lost last night and had to beat Cameron this morning which we did pretty easily. We have to win twice tonight. They smoked us last night. Our boys are running out of gas but I bet we come ready to go.

Belton Rebels vs. Belton Tide

Come on out!!
ProgN
agsalaska said:

Yes. At 6pm. We lost last night and had to beat Cameron this morning which we did pretty easily. We have to win twice tonight. They smoked us last night. Our boys are running out of gas but I bet we come ready to go.

Belton Rebels vs. Belton Tide

Come on out!!
Play the Pacino pregame speech at the end of "Any given Sunday" for them. They'll run through a wall for each other.

agsalaska
agsalaska
AG
We lost 6-4. The defense played by both teams was ridiculous for an 8u game. Both nights actually. And the Belton Journal did the game on Facebook and my son had at least 10 relatives watch it.

Neither team could hit tonight and we couldn't hit last night either. We did hit ok in the losers bracket final this morning against Cameron but that defense is nothing like the other Belton team. And it is a lot easier to hit when you are up 9-2 than tied 4-4 in the 5th inning in the State tournament.

Anyway it was a lot of fun and the only thing normal we have had all year really.

mazzag
AG
TDT has turned into a Karen. This is actually pinned to their Facebook page. Sorry I cannot provide a link, they banned me from comments, likes or sharing.

mazzag
AG
My favorite comment, so far. Also, I hope they lose advertising for this.
mazzag
AG
Screenshot of pinned post

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.