Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,685 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agsalaska said:

Wildflower cancelled too
Are you sure?
c-jags
agsalaska said:

Wildflower cancelled too

We're members and I haven't heard they did. I wouldn't be surprised but haven't seen anything yet.

While I'm still going to listen to the government against my baser instincts, this is getting quite silly. We're about to remodel my house and we'll have to be out for a while. at this point I'm just dropping off the radar till this is over.
agsalaska
AG
Prognightmare said:

agsalaska said:

Wildflower cancelled too
Are you sure?
I am 99.9% sure. Got an email and a text message from two different people this evening. It is cancelled.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
agsalaska said:

Prognightmare said:

agsalaska said:

Wildflower cancelled too
Are you sure?
I am 99.9% sure. Got an email and a text message from two different people this evening. It is cancelled.
Thank you and good luck at the baseball tourney.
emando2000
AG
What's the mood in the area. Schoepf's was dead last night. I heard the rodeo was as well. Kevin Fowler is postponed from tonight to a future date. Sprung will still be Saturday night.

Are people nervous about heading out or is it more about not wanting to be judged for going out?
ProgN
Probably just apathy now since our overlords have cancelled everything.

I went off on the mayor and city council this morning on the local talk radio show regarding canceling the firework shows.
agsalaska
AG
Seems to me like people are exhausted by it right now.

My going out days are over. I rarely make it past the VFW but occasionally go to the bar at Backyard BBQ or DeadFish but havent done any of that since Spring Break.

We have had about half the crowds we usually get at Heritage Park which is a good thing. We have asked all of the families to limit who comes and spread the F out so we don't end up getting shut down. So far it has worked but we have kids and even teams dropping out now. It is going to take a minor miracle to finish the season.

To be honest, I don't want to catch the thing because I do not want the disruption in my work or my life that comes with it. Therefore I am limiting my exposure beyond work and my kids' sports. I would imagine a lot of people are doing the same thing.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
agsalaska said:

Seems to me like people are exhausted by it right now.

My going out days are over. I rarely make it past the VFW but occasionally go to the bar at Backyard BBQ or DeadFish but havent done any of that since Spring Break.

We have had about half the crowds we usually get at Heritage Park which is a good thing. We have asked all of the families to limit who comes and spread the F out so we don't end up getting shut down. So far it has worked but we have kids and even teams dropping out now. It is going to take a minor miracle to finish the season.

To be honest, I don't want to catch the thing because I do not want the disruption in my work or my life that comes with it. Therefore I am limiting my exposure beyond work and my kids' sports. I would imagine a lot of people are doing the same thing.

VFW off Airport road?
agsalaska
AG
No idea. I go to the one by Temple Lake Park.

Or at least I did before they closed it.
ProgN
My dad went to the big one off Airport and the one in Belton before he died. You could have possibly had a beer with my old man.
ProgN
3 West off Adams is still open and I have a beer there a lot.
mazzag
AG
emando2000 said:

What's the mood in the area. Schoepf's was dead last night. I heard the rodeo was as well. Kevin Fowler is postponed from tonight to a future date. Sprung will still be Saturday night.

Are people nervous about heading out or is it more about not wanting to be judged for going out?

Jared Birmingham usually doesn't draw a big crowd but he's the best performer in the summer series. Fowler backed out. That's why his show is postponed. I'm not nervous about going out. I really want a mask that says "this is not normal". Just saw a friend at HEB. Her step daughter's baby had to have surgery and tested positive. Baby has never been to daycare or outside of mom's and or grandparents home. Nobody has been positive or had symptoms before or after the test.
c-jags
emando2000 said:

There's a combination of fatigue, fear, outrage, and annoyance.

Some places I go are packed. Wes's burger shack is shutting down because they just can't keep going with these restrictions
My wife hugged a covid positive person and found out a bit after we had let our kids be with some other kids. Most everybody was fine but a few people really freaked out. They weren't jerks by any means, but was asking about my wife's test results every day till she got a negative one back.

I have one friend that came into contact with a covid positive person and he told everybody, just so that people wouldn't try to come over or schedule anything with his kids. He instead felt judged because he went to a camp and felt isolated for letting people know.

Most of my people are pretty conservative and just over it and are just saying they're not going to listen to the mask rules. While it's irritating, masks let us open up the economy a little bit. I personally have doubts about their efficacy, but come on, I don't want more people to lose jobs.

It's just garbled up mess of fear, selfishness, and division.
aggiejet
AG
Had been going to 3 West for drinks after my chiropractor appointment a couple times a month for the last few years. Great Happy Hour & beer selection. Right before spring break I went in again & all was good until I got ready to pay. My beer was not discounted like it should have been. Asked the waitress, & she said the owner wasn't doing Happy Hour any longer. I said no one said anything about it, & your sign about it is still up. I asked if the owner was there, & after waiting about 15 minutes she showed up & we got into it. She was rude, & acted like I was in the wrong. Others at the bar were shocked. She gave me a few dollars off, but I told her that wasn't the issue. If changing policies, need to inform customers & post signs about it. She told me to never come back & I haven't.
ProgN
Damn, that was rude of her. I only go a couple times a week when I don't have my son.
GIF Reactor
AG
Is Wes' shutting down permanently or just until they can open back up with a higher indoor dining percentage?
c-jags
Take out only till they get back to being able to do 100% dine in I think.
BohunkAg
AG
Everyone around this part of McLennan County is just worn out by it like you folks. It feels like we are being used as pawns. I would say everyone around here just wants to do the right thing but all of this stuff is exhausting.
ag0207
AG
Covid in full effect. Went to HEB yesterday to pick up some charcoal to grill burgers. The charcoal is next to the toilet paper isle and it was picked clean (toilet paper not charcoal). Here comes the stupidity again. Everyone going to spend their "relief" money on tp again.
BohunkAg
AG
ag0207 said:

Covid in full effect. Went to HEB yesterday to pick up some charcoal to grill burgers. The charcoal is next to the toilet paper isle and it was picked clean (toilet paper not charcoal). Here comes the stupidity again. Everyone going to spend their "relief" money on tp again.

It pains me the stupidity we live among.
agsalaska
AG
Anyone know where to get a rapid test done in Bell Co?

Il tell the story later.
templeton
Signature ER in Killeen. They are very shady though...just tell them you don't have insurance and it will be a cash pay fee of $100. If you have insurance they will try and run a kajillion extra tests.
ProgN
agsalaska said:

Anyone know where to get a rapid test done in Bell Co?

Il tell the story later.
The doc-in-a-box at he corner of Old Waco Rd and Adams does them in the back and open 24/7.
agsalaska
AG
Thanks
agsalaska
AG
You talking about that Premier place?

I took my test there six or eight weeks ago when I was sick. Its a nasal swab and took four days to get the results back.

I need to know now.
ProgN
Yes, but I've only seen the sign in the back.

I'd call them and see if they have the newer tests with rapid response. They probably do.
mazzag
AG
I saw on the Facebook the other day they're running out of tests. Didn't read the article just scrolling thru.
agsalaska
AG
So my son was exposed for about an hour last Monday by a boy who apparently brought it back from camp. He found out Thursday that he was positive and has had two tests.

Son cant play baseball without a test. And my daughter leaves a week from tomorrow for camp.

I need him to test, hopefully negative, so we can move on. I normally wouldnt test any family unless they were showing symptoms but I dont really have a choice right now. While I do think some of this is crazy, I'm not a good liar.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I have almost stopped coming to Texags over this. I am high risk, my daughter is uber high risk, and my brother if off the charts high risk. It hurt me that so many people say just stay home. I have been doing that since mid march an so has my daughter. She has even relocated at times to her father's ranch in west Texas to be safer. My brother started isolation in early March. But all these months of being shut away start to take a toll. Right now if magic bottles were real, I think I would put everyone just wear a mask on it. IF other people wore masks like I do, even walking my dog in case I run in to someone who insists on visiting, I could safely at least get out a little bit.

It really is hard to fight depression, even with the internet, smart phones, and netflix. I am a people person and I need to be around people.

But I can't .

So when people say if you are scared just stay home, or I won't wear a mask because no one can tell me what to do, it makes me angry and sad.

Such a small sacrifice. Which high risk relative are you unwilling to protect? Or perhaps you are so blessed that no one in your family has any of the major risk factors.

c-jags
agsalaska said:

You talking about that Premier place?

I took my test there six or eight weeks ago when I was sick. Its a nasal swab and took four days to get the results back.

I need to know now.

I would recommend getting tested at S&W or Ascension. My wife (and people we came in contact with) went to Premier and it was 6-8 days amongst us. People that went to the hospitals got their results in a day or two. I love Premier and would recommend them for just about anything but the big hospitals are getting results back faster.
agsalaska
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

I have almost stopped coming to Texags over this. I am high risk, my daughter is uber high risk, and my brother if off the charts high risk. It hurt me that so many people say just stay home. I have been doing that since mid march an so has my daughter. She has even relocated at times to her father's ranch in west Texas to be safer. My brother started isolation in early March. But all these months of being shut away start to take a toll. Right now if magic bottles were real, I think I would put everyone just wear a mask on it. IF other people wore masks like I do, even walking my dog in case I run in to someone who insists on visiting, I could safely at least get out a little bit.

It really is hard to fight depression, even with the internet, smart phones, and netflix. I am a people person and I need to be around people.

But I can't .

So when people say if you are scared just stay home, or I won't wear a mask because no one can tell me what to do, it makes me angry and sad.

Such a small sacrifice. Which high risk relative are you unwilling to protect? Or perhaps you are so blessed that no one in your family has any of the major risk factors.

I am certainly not going to argue with you. I agree that decency has been completely lost in the rhetoric. There are no good or easy answers to any of this.

We are a country built on individualism and distrust or government. Getting millions to comply with the masks was never going to be easy, especially after telling us that they do not work. In a lot of ways our greatest strengths as a country are not exactly helping us right now. Never mind our complete lack of leadership in both parties.

Hang in there.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
We who are Christians are also supposed to Love our Neighbor and believe if we do something kind for the least of these, we do it for Him.
ProgN
I just emailed my letter to the editor of the Telegram, let's see if they print it.
c-jags
3rd Generation Ag said:

We who are Christians are also supposed to Love our Neighbor and believe if we do something kind for the least of these, we do it for Him.

I think this has been a difficult time for all, obviously. The healthy are being asked to put their lives on hold for (unseen) others. Others have lost their jobs for these that we need to protect. I'm not removing the "others" personhood. They're Christ's fellow image bearers. But people like Alaska have had their livelihood damaged for the whole concept of shelter in place. 3GA can't engage in personal connections because of their health. Not singling you two out by any means (please please don't take that as anything other than examples, you're both people I appreciate on this board.)

It just sucks for everybody and it's difficult to see why we should put what important for us on hold I.e. wear a mask, stay at home, lose business, lose a year of our children's lives, not see loved ones because of being compromised, etc.

As a believer, I'm going to love my fellow man and obey the government. It pisses me off. It goes against every fiber of my being(obeying dumb laws from the government.) But if a mask lets us keep people employed by letting me go in businesses and keep BellCo business going, I'll wear them. If staying home a bit helps us get numbers down so we can open up sooner, I'll stay home more often. I don't agree with most of our government's decisions during this but I'm also not ready to start up BellCoAZ.

I'm not saying anybody here is wrong, but we all just come from a different position and have different hurts right now.

Love you all and hope that we can come out of the other side safe and having made Prog rich in 2020.
mazzag
AG
Are you moving to Arizona?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.