Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,876 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lake Belton had the busiest weekend I have ever witnessed this last weekend. It was absolutely nuts.

Which is still slow compared to other lakes. That's one reason we like it so much. But it was rolling all weekend.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
c-jags
i went for a run around arrowhead last friday and got there before 6 AM and the lot was full. at least 8 boats in the water and i passed at least 20 people bank fishing around the point.

also i've been running at miller springs and pepper creek for years and i've gotten to the point where i won't go out there after 8 because of all the newfound nature enthusiasts.

not knocking them, I'm glad people are out there, but it's changed my timeframes of running away from NorthSide since the start of all this.
agsalaska
AG
I live right across the peninsula from Arrowhead Point. We kept looking over there all weekend and couldn't find a time to launch so we hiked down to the water and hung out for a while. Didn't catch anything but it was a beautiful evening.

The music was insane. Someone was jamming crappy top 40 rap stuff and it was kind of annoying.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
Sarsaparilla Cafe in downtown Belton will not reopen. She's tried take out but has lost money on that and cannot afford to open at 25%.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Sarsaparilla Cafe in downtown Belton will not reopen. She's tried take out but has lost money on that and cannot afford to open at 25%.
Another victim of this stupidity
aggiejet
AG
At least she's being honest about it...seeing lots of folks are doing the same but hiding behind the reason being for the protection of their employees and customers.
mazzag
AG
The final nail was so many on social media saying they wouldn't go out even after reopening the state.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

The final nail was so many on social media saying they wouldn't go out even after reopening the state.
Sucks

Fear and hysteria are powerful tools to use on a gullible, impressionable pupulace

Way to go, bed wetters
ProgN
Heads up guys, from the meat run/shortage thread.

Quote:

Well here we go again. HEB had to put limits on meat purchases:

The following limits apply to H-E-B stores in the San Antonio area, Central Texas, Gulf Coast, Border region, and certain West and North Texas towns (the following limits do not apply to stores in the Houston area or Abilene, Big Spring, Burleson, Cleburne, Granbury, Hudson Oaks, Midland, Odessa, San Angelo and Waxahachie):

Ground beef limit 2 packages
Beef, chicken, pork, turkey limit 2 packages, combined total (not two of each)

The following limits only apply to H-E-B stores in the Houston area as well as stores in Abilene, Big Spring, Burleson, Cleburne, Granbury, Hudson Oaks, Midland, Odessa, San Angelo and Waxahachie:

Ground beef limit 4 packages
Chicken limit 4 packages
Brisket limit 2
mazzag
AG
People are panic buying. Saw a lady yesterday with multiple packages of steaks. That was the only thing in her basket and I don't think she was having a bbq.
c-jags
we drove to west Texas to go see my inlaws last night. first time i've left Bell County since early March.

most of the small towns looked about normal minus the restaurants.

one of the weirdest things was in Hamilton all their signs were"comply" which is really creepy to me.

i'm all about civil obedience, but whoever thought "comply" was a good campaign for a small texas town is off their rocker.
Captain Pablo
AG
c-jags said:

we drove to west Texas to go see my inlaws last night. first time i've left Bell County since early March.

one of the weirdest things was in Hamilton all their signs were"comply" which is really creepy to me.

i'm all about civil obedience, but whoever thought "comply" was a good campaign for a small texas town is off their rocker.

Good Lord

Why not just put "submit" on the signs

Freaks
c-jags
Captain Pablo said:

c-jags said:

Good Lord

Freaks

I'll see if I can get a photo on my way back Monday.
agsalaska
AG
They closed Temple Lake Park??????

mazzag
AG
I think that's COE property? If not, vote in local elections.
c-jags
Captain Pablo said:

c-jags said:

Good Lord

Freaks
agsalaska
AG
I cant believe that sign is still there.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

I cant believe that sign is still there.

I can't believe it was ever there to begin with.
Captain Pablo
AG
c-jags said:

Captain Pablo said:

c-jags said:

Good Lord

Freaks

Geez
mazzag
AG
If y'all hear of a nail salon opening, let me know. Went by 2 on 31st and one by Verizon on the loop and all were still closed.
templeton
mazzag said:

If y'all hear of a nail salon opening, let me know. Went by 2 on 31st and one by Verizon on the loop and all were still closed.
Vida is open in Tuscan Square. She is great!
Fitch
AG
As of 5/9

Source: Texas COVID-19 Data
agsalaska
AG
Feeling pretty good right now that BYBA and BYSA are going to kick off next Monday. It is all up to the city now but I am hearing good things.
Wooster
agsalaska said:

Feeling pretty good right now that BYBA and BYSA are going to kick off next Monday. It is all up to the city now but I am hearing good things.

What's the latest on the seasons?
agsalaska
AG
Not looking good. But have not given up.
BohunkAg
AG
West canceled theirs
aggiejet
AG
Bruceville-Eddy canceled theirs too, as well as Troy, Moody, & McGregor who are all part of the Quad-City group.
agsalaska
AG
aggiejet said:

Bruceville-Eddy canceled theirs too, as well as Troy, Moody, & McGregor who are all part of the Quad-City group.
Do you know anyone from those organizations that would be willing to do an interview with me on Channel 25 in Waco? I have the reporter. I just need more people.
aggiejet
AG
I will PM you a contact that I know here in B-E that's on the board I believe. If not, he can point you in the right direction.
agsalaska
AG
aggiejet said:

I will PM you a contact that I know here in B-E that's on the board I believe. If not, he can point you in the right direction.
Got it. Thanks a lot.
Wooster
agsalaska said:

Not looking good. But have not given up.

That's a shame. I spoke with some kids that told me their travel/select ball teams were about to start up. High School S&C got an okay to start soon.

Our neighborhood HOA pool opened up today, so maybe things will start to get back to normal.
mazzag
AG
Help me with my math. My sip loving lib brother says bellco has .75 cases per 1000 people. There's roughly 330,000 folks here and we've had 263 positives for the covid. If I divide 330,000 into 263, I get .000796. How many is that per 1000?

What a helluva word problem for my Jr in high school.
ProgN
You see my post about the estate sale in downtown temple?
mazzag
AG
Yes. 2 hours after you posted. Couldn't make it. First day back in the gym with my trainer and we're finally building a pool. Love for you to stop by and see the major changes in the back. Demo'd steps and redo of retaining wall in the back. It's been an while since you've been here but I think you'd remember before and after.
ProgN
I might tomorrow or Friday. I have my son this week and I pass your house to and from his daycare.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.