Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,863 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By the time this is over can donate to locks for love?
ProgN
c-jags said:

mazzag said:

My hair stylist was trying to reschedule appointments after 4/30. I guess one of her Dr. clients warned her this could go past that.

I haven't got a haircut since September and was planning on one after spring break. Whoops. As a dude, it's not a good look.

I'm wearing out my caps.

From here on out you're our Tiger King.
ProgN
Ok guys my buddy just told me this but I think it's bs but passing it along.

Supposedly his cousin in our local national guard are preparing for a 2 week total shutdown of all businesses except hospitals and first responders. Announcement supposed to come in next few days. Grocery stores will have specific times. The guard will be on duty to prevent looting of businesses.

I don't see it happening because the damage would be substantial. So take this post with a huge grain of salt.
Captain Pablo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Supposedly his cousin in our local national guard are preparing for a 2 week total shutdown of all businesses except hospitals and first responders. Announcement supposed to come in next few days. Grocery stores will have specific times. The guard will be on duty to prevent looting of businesses.

I don't see it happening because the damage would be substantial. So take this post with a huge grain of salt.

Sounds dubious
ProgN
Hence my disclaimer.

However I'm at heb in Belton right now and they have a HUGE sale on their meats. Prime ribeyes at the butcher counter are 10.99 lb and chicken breast .99 lb just as an example.
agsalaska
AG
There is no line at the Czeck Stop.

Never seen that before. At least not since the 90s
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
Now I'm craving kolaches
agsalaska
AG
http://imgur.com/a/rOsUXMN

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ProgN
agsalaska said:

http://imgur.com/a/rOsUXMN

Matsui
AG
Where is everyone scoring their toilet paper in temple / belton?
agsalaska
AG
Temple Wal Mart on Adams had some several days ago. It was a four pack limit one per paying customer. I was there at probably 10am or so. Pretty sure if you get there early they have it most days.
templeton
Matsui said:

Where is everyone scoring their toilet paper in temple / belton?
I have plenty to share. I'm an inadvertent hoarder (Amazon's favorite Subscribe N Save customer). I live off Marlandwood in Temple. LMK if you want me to leave some on my porch!
agsalaska
BohunkAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

That can't and won't happen.
ProgN
Like I posted, I didn't believe it either, that's why I had the disclaimers. I was just passing it along to centex folks and not on the politics board.
BohunkAg
AG
Martindale was my primary care doc until about a year ago. Hope he does ok with it. Had some significant heart issues a while back.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Well-known-local-doctor-diagnosed-with-COVID-19-569444491.html
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
He was our family doc and kids pediatrician until we moved to Tyler last year. I still wish we could drive in to see him for dr visits. He is one of the best.
mazzag
AG
I guess because their first case was from a resident that works in bell county? May Bell County should only hire Bell County residents.

http://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3106021
c-jags
This seems dumb. Really dumb.

ProgN
https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/one-local-bakery-is-giving-your-family-the-ingredients-to-make-your-own-kolaches

Quote:

WEST, TX Looking to make something other than bread? Look no further!

Gerik's Ole' Czech Bakery is now offering a new way to spend time with your family by offering a make your own fruit kolaches kit for $25.

The kolache kits come with your 2 picks of fruit, 6 pounds of dough, 1 cup of butter, and 1 cup of topping.

The kits makes roughly 36 kolaches and you even add a cream cheese filling for an extra $5.
mazzag
AG
Gotta survive! Did you get your Trump money?
agsalaska
AG
Man those Kolaches I got at the Czech Stop two weekends ago sure were good. I got some hot chubbies with cheese, some sauerkraut, Apricot and peach Kolaches. It was great. I bet I went there for the first time in 1982 or so.

I have ventured out a bit to other stores, but I can't imagine driving through West without stopping for Kolaches.
ProgN
Not yet
agsalaska
AG
We used to go meet at a really nice cafe downtown for Sunday lunch sometimes. Directly across from the tracks. Relatives from Ft Worth and Texarkana and Temple/Austin. We haven't been this year and its not looking good right now.
ProgN
I thought of you when I ran across it and posted.
agsalaska
AG
Unfortunately I have run out of excuses to drive to DFW. For now at least.
BohunkAg
AG
The folks that own Gerik's are some of my best friends.....btw they use their dough to make dinner rolls as well. Some of the most amazing dinner rolls out there. They own Gerik's and a Pizza restaurant adjacent. We've been trying to support them as much as we can during all this.
ProgN
agsalaska
AG
Anyone want to put odds on the Texas Teenage leagues playing? FC Belton?

I am suddenly much more optimistic that my kids are going to be back on the field by the end of May. It may be wishful thinking, but I feel like it will happen.

I think the Governor gave them an out when he cancelled all schools. Now the local leagues will not be going against their own school districts.

Seems to me that baseball and soccer can happen. There may be a limit on how many people can come watch. THe grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. may have to miss this season.
mazzag
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3107621/replies/56403576
agsalaska
AG
Sweet
mazzag
AG
Another CV19 death.

https://www.tdtnews.com/news/coronavirus/article_d204245a-834a-11ea-8267-133047331406.html
agsalaska
AG
I went to five pawn shops and Webers today, and other than a few people wearing a few masks it sure looked like business as usual out there. The car washes were back open. People were going into stores. Roads were busy. Nobody seem to give much of a **** anymore.
mazzag
AG
Packed parking lots at Lowe's and Home Depot. I did have to wait in line, outside, at Twin Liquors.
BohunkAg
AG
Was going to take my kids fishing at the little stock tank we have on our place yesterday....decided I wanted to get some minnows so I went into Waco to a couple of places I know of by the lake that have live bait....they were completely sold out of everything. The lake looked like July 4th there were so many boats on it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.