Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

56,258 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still waiting in 77459
https://ts.la/eric59704
TXTransplant
Have a reliable update on the situation in 77389 in the Northampton area. There is a circuit there that is damaged that is affecting power in Northampton, Auburn Lakes, and the parts of Creekside Park off Creekside Green. The Woodlands Township is putting pressure on CP to give them status updates, since it affects some Township residents, but it's been very difficult to get information. The word used to describe Centerpoint is "tone deaf".

94chem
Power back on in most of Bolivar. Entergy, Just sayin'...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
chase128
AG
There were a ton of contractor trucks stationed at the racetrack off the beltway yesterday waiting for CP to sign off on their contracts so they could work.
Z100
AG
77459 - Sienna
Back on at 8PM last night then off again at 4AM - tease!
jh0400
AG
I just went to get an up close view of our issue. The tree that fell appears to be both rotten and also in the utility easement. This is 100% on CenterPoint for not maintaining their easements.

K Bo
AG
Can someone that is gif adept make the below gif but read "Centerpoint" instead of "Powerpoint"? I'm tired.

TarponChaser
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

TarponChaser said:

On our 84th hour of no power on the Upper East Side. Pretty maddening since folks in our same neighborhood, 300 yards away got power almost 24 hours ago.
Water's Edge just got power back.
Disregard. Apparently they're testing lines and just turned back off. It's getting close, though.
Water's Edge up and running.

Still out in Lakeshore. Over 100 hours now.
TXAG 05
AG
W said:

apparently Centerpoint doesn't know Shepard Park Plaza exists

still doing an assessment on day 4

c'mon

Someone on the FB group said CP is currently on Chamboard and told them it would be another week to get power back.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

TarponChaser said:

On our 84th hour of no power on the Upper East Side. Pretty maddening since folks in our same neighborhood, 300 yards away got power almost 24 hours ago.
Water's Edge just got power back.
Disregard. Apparently they're testing lines and just turned back off. It's getting close, though.
Water's Edge up and running.

Still out in Lakeshore. Over 100 hours now.
I noticed that this morning. It's weird how some areas on WLH have power and some do not. I assume mine is still out as well and the storms rolling through are probably going to end or delay work for the day.
f burg ag
AG
Z100 said:

77459 - Sienna
Back on at 8PM last night then off again at 4AM - tease!
New outage map just dropped and all of Sienna south of the train tracks is now in the light green. At least a little encouraging.....
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Wouldn't put too much faith in turning green lol. Been green since Thursday and when my neighbor got through to CP yesterday they told her they didn't know the issue and were still assessing. Which she responded I know the main issue "the power line is in the road"
Flavius Agximus
AG
Close the C-Clips!

combat wombat™
AG
Most people around us have power. There's a live wire down on my street… at least one. It's been reported every day since Monday. I guess since it wasn't energized before they didn't care. We won't have power until that's repaired.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
We are in same boat. I'm prepared for it to be 1-2 weeks at this point.
BaileyAg
AG
Well, my nabe in Cinco is now green but i ran home at lunch and still nada.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I'm out! 77565
TarponChaser
108 hours and counting.

combat wombat™
AG
Unnecessary Deafness said:

We are in same boat. I'm prepared for it to be 1-2 weeks at this point.

I would be, too, if our generator were working. But it's not.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
jh0400 said:

I just went to get an up close view of our issue. The tree that fell appears to be both rotten and also in the utility easement. This is 100% on CenterPoint for not maintaining their easements.

I saw a tree down in a different easement and thought it was the one you were talking about. But no, just a lot more trees down then it seemed at first.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I'm out as of 2:30!
106 hrs over
jh0400
AG
One of the "look at ****" guys from CP said we could be back online before that is fixed, but he had no idea when the "fix ****" guys would be here. We need tree guys to remove limbs from the main line running through the neighborhood and and linemen to replace some broken insulators.
94chem
TarponChaser said:

108 hours and counting.

This clown, Jason Wells, has a bachelor's in accounting, and was hired outside the company as an executive in 2020 from PG&E. I have a personal friend with an engineering background who was an executive VP with 25 years experience, who was let go last year. He was in the running for the CEO job, but they hired this charlatan from CA instead. This dude is just a penny-pinching safety patrol officer with no technical background. This cluster-F completely makes sense now. No line maintenance, no alacrity in repairs, no staging of lineman, no overtime, no paying for their expenses, negotiating contracts instead of getting to work, total tone-deafness. Look at your neighborhoods, people. Your yards have mostly been cleared, but the power lines are still covered in trees. This isn't just an anecdote. This is the collective wisdom of crowds. We see with our own collective eyes. Heck, my son has cleared more yards with his axe, 16 years old, riding around the streets on his bike, than Centerpoint has done.

Meanwhile, I own a home in Crystal Beach. That's right, Crystal BFE Beach. It's part of the ENTERGY network. From the first moments of the outage, Entergy communicated the situation. At first they couldn't even GET there, because highway barriers had washed across the HWY 87 (Army Corps brilliance). So, they drove to the other end and started coming in by Ferry. They posted a detailed outage map. They posted the estimated worst case of 10 p.m. on 7/12. They got the job done 18 hours ahead of schedule. I have a renter this weekend with full power, chilling with Roku and hanging out at the beach. Entergy kicked Centerpoint's butt up and down the street in every possible way.

Don't even get me started on the winter storm...

94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Furlock Bones
AG
It's clear as day this guy is a penny pinching dbag. Brought in to cut costs because the stock price is more important than actual customers that are not served but completely captive. Horse*****
Romello
I'm out 77389. Thought it would be Sunday at the earliest.
BeastmodeAg
AG
I need to be in a hospital nearly at this point I'm so angry.. still nothing. No estimate or anything. Find the CEOs house and turn his off!
Romello
At the bare minimum they need to spend some of that revenue towards clearing the areas around the power lines. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. We have pipeline and power line patrol aircraft both piloted and drones that are turnkey ready technologies to identify areas needing some attention.
combat wombat™
AG
BACHELOR in accounting??
TXTransplant
Romello said:

I'm out 77389. Thought it would be Sunday at the earliest.

That's great to hear! I heard the trucks just left after repairing the line in Northampton.
TXTransplant
combat wombat said:

BACHELOR in accounting??

I may be biased (I'm an engineer), but every time I see a CEO of a technical/engineering based company who doesn't have a technical degree of some sort, I automatically think that company has lost its focus. They've become all about profits and have completely forgotten that it's their technical expertise that is the foundation of those profits.

Current CEO of Boeing also has a BS in accounting.
jh0400
AG
TXTransplant said:

combat wombat said:

BACHELOR in accounting??

I may be biased (I'm an engineer), but every time I see a CEO of a technical/engineering based company who doesn't have a technical degree of some sort, I automatically think that company has lost its focus. They've become all about profits and have completely forgotten that it's their technical expertise that is the foundation of those profits.

Current CEO of Boeing also has a BS in accounting.

I'm in Finance and will agree that Accountants or Finance people generally make terrible operators of customer-centric businesses. They're too prone to neglecting things that don't have immediate negative impacts in the name of cutting costs.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

108 hours and counting.

According to the new map, we're on deck
for tomorrow.
TopFlightReject
Marauder Blue 6 said:

TarponChaser said:

108 hours and counting.

According to the new map, we're on deck
for tomorrow.

Lolol. Per the maps I'm still on deck for today. Yet I still have a trampoline wrapped around the transformer in my backyard as of 8:56PM…
W
AG
good grief, according to the new map...

Centerpoint has no idea what's happening in the area bounded by the North Loop, Ella, Shepherd, and Pinemont

what have they been doing all week?
htxag09
AG
W said:

good grief, according to the new map...

Centerpoint has no idea what's happening in the area bounded by the North Loop, Ella, Shepherd, and Pinemont

what have they been doing all week?

I also don't think it's coincidence that the non scheduled is basically the same color as energized. Blends in more so doesn't look as bad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.