Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,943 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
RJHouston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which section?
MAS444
AG
That's exactly what happened to some friends/neighbors of ours.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'm getting a fuel caddy for next time. Can use it partially full for regular mowing/back up tank when truck is low. Fill it up for generator use in times like these.
https://a.co/d/hjWSDaK
CDUB98
AG
eleven
RJHouston
AG
I thought a lot of the areas just West of Rosslyn were getting worked on, or had just gotten power already..
CDUB98
AG
This is one pool I'm happy to lose. I got home from work and found the power to be on. Very thankful.
RO519
AG
Longwoods back online! Guess we lose the pool, aw shucks.
BusterAg
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Just saw on the news they're saying that if the equipment on your house is damaged, you are responsible for getting a licensed electrician to repair before power can be restored to the house. Might explain why some houses are still out while their neighbors are on.

Yeah, I thought about this. But, I got no power to the meter, and many of my neighbors still without power. It just so happens that the line of when houses do get power is just a few doors down. Anyone east of that line is dark.
KT_Ag08
AG
Out of the pool for the second time in Bridgeland.
Cibalo
Still no power in 77024.
HeyAbbott
AG
Still a lot of homes without power in 77433
AgInSingapore
AG
Nob Hill Sec. 2 (Spring Branch West-ish) still without power, though trucks have been rolling today, trees being cleared off neighbors lines, and seen some new power polls set.
Jack Klompus
AG
We're back! Came home at 5ish and was still off. Drove to MILs for dinner and noticed light at Louetta was on and thought, could it be? Checked my phone to see if my thermostat was online. Bout started crying.
BusterAg
AG
From my txt message feed;

[Yesterday, 8:08pm]

Based on the status of current restoration work, we estimate your power to be restored by the end of the day, today. Thank you for your continued patience as we complete repairs and restore service in your area. If your power has been restored, please disregard this message. Text STOP to unsubscribe.

[9:09pm]

Based on the status of current restoration work, we estimate your power to be restored by the end of the day, today. Thank you for your continued patience as we complete repairs and restore service in your area. If your power has been restored, please disregard this message. Text STOP to unsubscribe.

Grrrrrrrr
SnowboardAg
AG
Said it would be yesterday, then said it will be today, then said it was fixed…then said we're aware there's an issue, then said 5/22. I still say Friday.
CowtownAg06
AG
New outage map lets you put in your address and get an estimate. Mine says tomorrow, but we'll see.
htxag09
AG
I got a text saying mine would be restored the 22nd….it was restored Friday.
Bockaneer
AG
Happy to lose this pool although my upstairs (all bedrooms) ac unit did not recover -ugh
SchizoAg
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

I'm getting a fuel caddy for next time. Can use it partially full for regular mowing/back up tank when truck is low. Fill it up for generator use in times like these.
https://a.co/d/hjWSDaK
If you get one of those (I have similar one) you might also want to pick up a cheap transfer pump. There is no other way to get the last half gallon out of it, due to its awkward shape.

terradactylexpress
Mine says I have power
BusterAg
AG
Mine says my house should be fixed 5/20. It's 5/21.

I'll eat crow if I get juice by morning, but, it ain't likely to happen.
CowtownAg06
AG
We have friends staying with us and our generator.... says they got power back yesterday but here they are
bluefire579
AG
We got the notice on Sunday that we'd get power that evening, finally got it Monday night, came home this morning
Jack Klompus
AG
You ain't got to go home but you got to get $@&! out of here.
MrWonderful
AG
Mine won't be restored until tomorrow at the earliest. We aren't even on the map. Love living in a small neighborhood, but miss the days of living on a hospital grid. Oh well, that's why the interlock switch and generator comes in handy!
gerken10
AG
Here to commiserate! Still without power west Spring Branch
KingofCorpus
AG
Bunker hill 77024 still sweating
CW Griswold
77043. Nothing, nada.

At least my neighbors across the street that have had power since Friday night have to listen to my loud ass generator.
Cibalo
Just heard we are scheduled to get power by the evening of May 22 in 77024
CowtownAg06
AG
South end of 77024 came on about 5.
gerken10
AG
Also in 77043 with nada! Across the street on since Sunday
AgInSingapore
AG
Nob Hill (77043) back on at 1839 this evening, almost 5 days to the minute of power loss. Unfortunately neighbors on the other side of street are still down but should be back tomorrow.
LPHA
AG
Centerpoint is now 0-4 at estimating when my power will be back
barnacle bob
AG
77043 checking in, still dark. Not seeing any lineman activity since yesterday afternoon.
CDUB98
AG
Good gawd. I empathize with you poor souls still without A/C. It is ridiculously humid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.