Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,934 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On our 84th hour of no power on the Upper East Side. Pretty maddening since folks in our same neighborhood, 300 yards away got power almost 24 hours ago.
SlackerAg
AG
johncAG said:

do you know which part of Harmony has gotten the power back? Trying to see if its ok to head back across town

Harmony is back
Flavius Agximus
AG
Anyone have any info about 77007? I live in a gated community called Caceres near Memorial/Shepherd intersect. It appears as light green on the map which was labeled "energized with potential nested issues" but now labeled simply "partially energized." It includes a super helpful little popup box if you click on my location dot that says "we will continue to provide estimated restoration times as they become available."

Haven't gotten any notification about estimated times. Two days ago they emailed and called saying the issue was fixed (it wasn't). No one in the community has power. Maddening not knowing anything about when 3.5 days into the outage.
Diggity
AG
SlackerAg said:

johncAG said:

do you know which part of Harmony has gotten the power back? Trying to see if its ok to head back across town

Harmony is back
I hear Bone & Thugs are still out though
CDUB98
AG
Diggity said:

SlackerAg said:

johncAG said:

Harmony is back
I hear Bone & Thugs are still out though
turbble
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

On our 84th hour of no power on the Upper East Side. Pretty maddening since folks in our same neighborhood, 300 yards away got power almost 24 hours ago.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

Water's Edge just got power back.
The D
AG
Flavius Agximus said:

Anyone have any info about 77007? I live in a gated community called Caceres near Memorial/Shepherd intersect. It appears as light green on the map which was labeled "energized with potential nested issues" but now labeled simply "partially energized." It includes a super helpful little popup box if you click on my location dot that says "we will continue to provide estimated restoration times as they become available."

Haven't gotten any notification about estimated times. Two days ago they emailed and called saying the issue was fixed (it wasn't). No one in the community has power. Maddening not knowing anything about when 3.5 days into the outage.

I just got it in south side of 77007, feagan - Jackson hill area
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

TarponChaser said:

Disregard. Apparently they're testing lines and just turned back off. It's getting close, though.
JamesE4
AG
Still out along with 50 houses in 77494
Furlock Bones
AG
77009 Norhill Heights. Houses across the street came on last night. Nothing on the north side of the street for blocks and blocks. I have not seen a bucket truck in 2 days.
jh0400
AG
85 hours with no CP sightings other than a truck passing through this afternoon. Based on the location of the broken poles that I discovered today, I booked a hotel room through next Friday.
Romello
Still out in 77389. Going Mad Max.
TXTransplant
Where are you in 77389?
Galveston Skeeter
AG
Power back on 77586
Flavius Agximus
AG
The D said:

Flavius Agximus said:

Still nothing for me. Looks like I'm about 1 mile due west. Rice Military neighborhood group someone called Centerpoint and rep said only 149 of 1100 customers have reported outages. WTF difference should that make? I tried to call to report and got automated message saying call back during business hours.
TXTransplant
I Drink Your Milkshake said:

LOL, Nancy Becker, I love that old crazy bird. I **** you not I lived in the neighborhood 3 days before she stopped me and informed me that my golf cart needed to be registered and have an orange triangle. I smirked at her while reminiscing just a few days prior I had a functioning crack house on my block in the Heights. She is quintessentially Woodlands busybody.

anyways, cheers, good luck [everyone].

I'm out! I just heard my power is back on. A friend on Kendrick Pines does not have power though. So IDK about Liberty Branch. Which is weird because Shaded Arbor and Kendrick Pines have always lost/regained power at the same time in previous outages.

Update: Kendrick Pines is on, and it looks like other houses along the lake are too.

From my friend who works for a power company: When it's super hot (or super cold) you can't pick all the load up at once bc it'll trip out on overload (like how your fridge was tripping the gen). You have to pick it up in small chunks and let the load settle out before you pick up more. Hopefully your neighbor will get it soon too....
BBRex
AG
I was gonna say it might be time for a 77386 meet-up somewhere with air conditioning if the outages went on much longer.
The D
AG
Flavius Agximus said:

The D said:

Flavius Agximus said:

Still nothing for me. Looks like I'm about 1 mile due west. Rice Military neighborhood group someone called Centerpoint and rep said only 149 of 1100 customers have reported outages. WTF difference should that make? I tried to call to report and got automated message saying call back during business hours.

I came back today to throw away all food about noon and saw 6 trucks working around feagan street
Romello
MyMamaSaid
AG

I'm in for the win.
drmwvr
AG
Rare sighting in 008 but no power yet
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Back up and running around 7:15p in 77081.
W
AG
apparently Centerpoint doesn't know Shepard Park Plaza exists

still doing an assessment on day 4

c'mon
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

TarponChaser said:

Disregard. Apparently they're testing lines and just turned back off. It's getting close, though.
Water's Edge up and running.
concac
AG
Up and running at 5pm today.

TXAG 05
AG
W said:

apparently Centerpoint doesn't know Shepard Park Plaza exists

still doing an assessment on day 4

c'mon

Just checked the map, guess someone came by yesterday because we are no longer the lonely orange blob of death in the sea of blue.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Nada in 77096 - Meyerland 8, near the middle school.
combat wombat™
AG
Still waiting 77355.

CP claimed in a text Wednesday that today is the day.
texasaggie2015
AG
Still waiting in 77386.
K Bo
AG
Still dead on the water in 77018. Trash got picked up and lawn crews back to regular service but I'm still yet rro see a single Centerpoint truck working.
Flavius Agximus
AG
Don't even have an estimate yet and my entire complex of 200 or so townhomes has no power. 77007 corner of Detering and Feagan, west of shepherd north of memorial.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Still out
Power gone since Monday morning at 4:53am
Flying Crowbar
AG
About to hit 99 hours of no power in 77062. Haven't seen a single truck in my immediate neighborhood, but half the subdivision and other adjoining subdivisions have had power for days.

CenterPoint's communication has been pathetic, to put it generously.

I have no expectation that we will get power before Monday. My generator is going to need a long rest after this is over.
Boiling Denim
77074 - Meyerland off Hillcroft still no power and minor CP activity in the area. Mostly down Beechnut closer to Bellaire

Would imagine we're going to be in that late Sunday target group

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.