Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,935 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
dBoy99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crews on the job at multiple sites near the tracks between 43rd & Pinemont, east of Antoine...

I spoke to them & they insist it will be fixed today.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Trucks are here. I may be out this afternoon.
12thMan9
AG
dBoy99 said:

Crews on the job at multiple sites near the tracks between 43rd & Pinemont, east of Antoine...

I spoke to them & they insist it will be fixed today.

I walked those tracks a few times in my days over there from high school to home in Candlelight Oaks.

Hope you get back on today.
Ronnie '88
Diggity
AG
Yeah, we have some house guests who live in Ella Lee Forest. They got nailed pretty good on their street.

Here's to hoping they can leave soon
dBoy99
AG
An hour ago a lineman called me and asked me to confirm all the addresses where transformers were down or trees were on lines/poles. He told me crews are en-route now.

Well, I just got an automated call and the message was "your power should be restored by the end of the day TOMORROW."
dBoy99
AG
Power is back on. Everything seems to be working even though it took 10+ minutes for my AC units to turn on.

There's crews everywhere in NW corner of 290/610, Oak Forest area.
Ryan the Temp
AG
We had a brief blip without power this afternoon.
MrWonderful
AG
Just went back up at the house. Hopefully I'm the winner and everyone else is back online
Sea Speed
AG
I keep reading this as outrage suicide pool and thinking that someone offer themselves
swimmerbabe11
I keep thinking that someone committed suicide in a swimming pool. Like a downed electrical line hit a pool and someone went... "well that's my sign to peace out!"
DVC2010
AG
Three emails from CenterPoint reporting power is back on this afternoon. Three retractions within fifteen minutes.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I'm out
DVC2010
AG
Finally!
Dill-Ag13
AG
Anyone still without power?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Got it back but lost it again yesterday. CP is "still assessing ". west Timbergrove.
dBoy99
AG
At 2PM I receieved a notice from Centerpoint that there was an outage in my area. Two hours later a crew showed up to my office and asked if I had power - I did. They were told there was an outage at Pinemont and Mangum. They went door to door, no outages. They sat in their trucks for at least 2 hours, they were still hanging around when we left at 7:30PM.
dBoy99
AG
Ok...

Will Oak Forest be last to get restored again?

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
BBRex
AG
77386 I think will give you a run for your money.
plowboy1065
S
No power in Cypress off Mueschke Rd nor have I seen any type of line crews driving around
Specialized
AG
Still out in Briarmeadow.
Specialized
AG
Seems like we have to do this way too much.
JABQ04
AG
77581. East Pearland, specifically Oakbrook Estates neighborhood. No power at 0215 when I left for work and judging by my security camera I just tried to check still no power.
LeftyAg89
AG
BBREX, agreed! I'm another 77386er and one of our neighbors finally got through on a call to Centerpoint.. was told it would be a couple days to a couple weeks! I'm putting my money on the latter!
CDUB98
AG
This time I may truly be in the running since a tree took out our lines in the back yard.
cef88
AG
I had that happen in the Derecho. Make sure you wear out the down power line centerpoint number. They would put me in the system and then I'd call back and they would say it was resolved, when the tree was still on the lines. Took a week for power to come back, but 5 days for anyone to even come look in my backyard. Had to beg a guy working out front to come in the back to look at it.
Shooz in Katy
AG
No power yet in Hawks Landing by Tompkins HS. Most others I know in the surrounding neighborhoods had their power restored yesterday.
randy828
AG
77040 power restored a few minutes ago!
KingofCorpus
AG
77024 back on for me. A lot still out though.
combat wombat™
AG
77355 in High Meadow Ranch. Neighbor spoke to a crew and they said maybe 4 days. Thank God for Generac.
combat wombat™
AG
CDUB98 said:

This time I may truly be in the running since a tree took out our lines in the back yard.

Aren't you responsible for that?
Tone2002
Never lost it.. attempted to go out but GOD… it took forever for Derecho so whatever they did that time it withstood.
CDUB98
AG
combat wombat said:

CDUB98 said:

Aren't you responsible for that?

No, it took out the main lines. I just call them ours.
billyjack2009
MIL has power in 77379 (Centerpoint)
The D
AG
77007 still out. Talked to a neighbor who said tomorrow night ? Not sure where that info came from.
RJHouston
AG
Oak Forest 77018 back up here..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.